Ask the CBSA!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
IronWolf
Veteran Member

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Postby IronWolf » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:09 pm

PrairieFire31 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm
Highland2012 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm
I started my application in 2016, and just finally got the call. Some people were one and done, inside of a year and a half. I don't think it hurts to send off a check in e-mail once every couple months. It can take a really.. really long time dude.

Just my opinion though.
88)
What do you mean by you just finally got the call?
He finally completed the process and was invited to online part, I assume. Then all the COVID thing happened and is all now on hold.
He is another example of 3+ years in the process, sadly ...
But ultimately maybe for good, as his RCMP application advances nicely. The CBSA's delay maybe their loss ;)

PrairieFire31
Rookie Member

Postby PrairieFire31 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:27 pm

IronWolf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:09 pm
PrairieFire31 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm
Highland2012 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm
I started my application in 2016, and just finally got the call. Some people were one and done, inside of a year and a half. I don't think it hurts to send off a check in e-mail once every couple months. It can take a really.. really long time dude.

Just my opinion though.
88)
What do you mean by you just finally got the call?
He finally completed the process and was invited to online part, I assume. Then all the COVID thing happened and is all now on hold.
He is another example of 3+ years in the process, sadly ...
But ultimately maybe for good, as his RCMP application advances nicely. The CBSA's delay maybe their loss ;)
Oh, this was before COVID. I was reading as this was new he just received. My bad.
Applied: AUG2017
CFSC/CRFSC: AUG2017
PARE:SEPT2018/FEB2020
OTEE: SEPT2018
Interview: NOV2018
Psych: APR2019
Medical: MAY2019/FEB2020
Security: MAY2019
Sec. Interview: AUG2019
OITP - Online Facilitated Training: TBD
OITP - Rigaud: TBD

Highland2012
Rookie Member

Postby Highland2012 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:44 pm

I got my invite to OITP a couple months back now. Did the online training and am waiting to go to Riguad. All classes were canceled due to the rona. I was informed that I will be given two weeks notice prior to the class start and until then use what ever government supports were available.

Luckily I had a job with government already, so I just retracted my letter of resignation and am continuing on until I get the green light to go! :thumbsup:

Not all of my classmates were so lucky. :cry:
RCMP
July19 Re-Inserted
July19 Psy- Done
Aug19 Medical Exam- Pass
Oct19 Psy Int- Pass
Nov19 Medical Clearance- granted
Nov19 SC submitted
Dec19 SP submitted
Feb20 Phone Int- pass
Feb20 Rit Int- pass
Mar 20 Poly- pass
BG/SC in process
Troop:TBD

Ulcaster555

Postby Ulcaster555 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:16 am

Hi everyone,

Update: Waived for a period of 3 months, the First-aid/CPR training condition of employment in cases where the candidate’s certification has expired.

 As of March 16, 2020, any periodic health evaluation (CATIII) which is due to expire before September 1, 2020, will be granted an automatic 6-month extension starting from the date of expiry.

They have also extended, on a temporary basis, the validity period of existing SLE results (candidates must be retested within 9 or 12 months, based on the appointment type) for critical positions only.

 Some training has been cancelled which could impact the ability of candidates to meet conditions of employment. The CBSA Training and Development and the Canada School of Public Service, are deploying all possible efforts to try to meet the most pressing needs.

All CBSA pools, as well as the pools managed by the PSC, remain open and accessible to hiring managers.
CBSA/ASFC

Here to correct false and/or inaccurate information.
Ici pour corriger les informations fausses et/ou inexactes.

I do not speak on behalf of the CBSA.
Je ne parle pas au nom de l'ASFC.

kittycat1024

Postby kittycat1024 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:19 pm

Ulcaster555 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:16 am
Hi everyone,

Update: Waived for a period of 3 months, the First-aid/CPR training condition of employment in cases where the candidate’s certification has expired.

 As of March 16, 2020, any periodic health evaluation (CATIII) which is due to expire before September 1, 2020, will be granted an automatic 6-month extension starting from the date of expiry.

They have also extended, on a temporary basis, the validity period of existing SLE results (candidates must be retested within 9 or 12 months, based on the appointment type) for critical positions only.

 Some training has been cancelled which could impact the ability of candidates to meet conditions of employment. The CBSA Training and Development and the Canada School of Public Service, are deploying all possible efforts to try to meet the most pressing needs.

All CBSA pools, as well as the pools managed by the PSC, remain open and accessible to hiring managers.
Thanks for the update, its really encouraging!
Applied: 2018
PAL: Obtained
Interview: Oct 2019 (Passed)
PARE: Feb 2020 (Passed)
:swords:

A North

Postby A North » Fri May 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Anyone have status on initial interviews? Could they not be conducted through the phone as well?
CBSA
CFSC/CRFSC: 04/16; Sent 01/20
GCT2/WCPT: Exempt (Police Foundations 06/17)
Applied: 12/18
Contacted: 02/19
OTEE: 03/19
G Licence: 02/20

Interview: Postponed (CoVid-19)
PARE: TBD
Psych: TBD
Medical: TBD
Security: TBD
Online: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

Ulcaster555

Postby Ulcaster555 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:13 am

At this time there are no plans to restart training at Rigaud. There is a Initial planning for going back to the workplace, however it will be a gradual process, occurring in phases. They may start with a limited return to the workplace. To be clear, that there are no plans at this time to bring anyone back to an office setting in the near future.
CBSA/ASFC

Here to correct false and/or inaccurate information.
Ici pour corriger les informations fausses et/ou inexactes.

I do not speak on behalf of the CBSA.
Je ne parle pas au nom de l'ASFC.

5pointoh
Rookie Member

Postby 5pointoh » Wed May 20, 2020 10:39 am

Ulcaster555 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:13 am
At this time there are no plans to restart training at Rigaud. There is a Initial planning for going back to the workplace, however it will be a gradual process, occurring in phases. They may start with a limited return to the workplace. To be clear, that there are no plans at this time to bring anyone back to an office setting in the near future.
Thanks for the update Ulcaster. Are you in working in recruiting or employed as a BSO at a port?