Ask the CBSA!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

CanadianRedacted
Rookie Member

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Postby CanadianRedacted » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:02 pm

fabledsky wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:13 am
Quick question, do I need to get first aid on my own or is that part of the training?
They offer it in Rigaud but its recommended you get it beforehand. It will eat up a weekend and you need all the time outside of the campus that you can get.

StudentAnon
Rookie Member

Postby StudentAnon » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:26 pm

Does the CBSA recognize first aid certificate from the heart and stroke foundation? It's "First Aid 8H (CPR AED Adult + Child + AP 1.5h)"

fabledsky
Rookie Member

Postby fabledsky » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:57 pm

CanadianRedacted wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:02 pm
fabledsky wrote:
Quick question, do I need to get first aid on my own or is that part of the training?
They offer it in Rigaud but its recommended you get it beforehand. It will eat up a weekend and you need all the time outside of the campus that you can get.
There's quite a few first aid courses... would the standard one work?

CanadianRedacted
Rookie Member

Postby CanadianRedacted » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:39 am

fabledsky wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:57 pm
CanadianRedacted wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:02 pm
fabledsky wrote:
There's quite a few first aid courses... would the standard one work?
I believe it says online which one you need. I know St. Johns Ambulance offers a course for Standard First Aid with CPR and AED.

NFON1994
Rookie Member

Postby NFON1994 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 am

Hey everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone could explain what the psych interview might consist of?

Also I am willing to move anywhere in the country but I read in the job posting that during the selection process I would be asked my preferred locations. Any idea when in the process this happens?

Thanks in Advance!

Cookie Monster
Rookie Member

Postby Cookie Monster » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:27 pm

NFON1994 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 am
Hey everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone could explain what the psych interview might consist of?

Also I am willing to move anywhere in the country but I read in the job posting that during the selection process I would be asked my preferred locations. Any idea when in the process this happens?

Thanks in Advance!

Very good question ! Just following ;-)
Septembre 2016 : Entrevue : Failed

Avril 2019 : Entrevue

Squadcar

Postby Squadcar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:51 am

Hi all! Could someone point me in the direction of a good resource to learn more about the CBSA? I've recently taken an interest in applying and I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can, but unlike the RCMP or other large police services, I'm finding that information about the CBSA is somewhat limited on their websites. I've found the info on the recruiting and whatnot but I'm more interested in things like day to day duties, and information on the posting process and such.

As an aside, how difficult is it to get back to your home province? I'm in St. John's NL and would very much like to return one day.
"For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love."

Ziggy Stardust
King Poobah

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:55 pm

The psych interview is not a "test". It's not something you prepare for. It is an interview to discuss the results of the testing. Anyone who attempts to give you advice about it is doing you a disservice because their test results will not be the same as yours. Any "advice" will more than likely just mess with your head.
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

habsfan1221
Rookie Member

Postby habsfan1221 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:55 pm
The psych interview is not a "test". It's not something you prepare for. It is an interview to discuss the results of the testing. Anyone who attempts to give you advice about it is doing you a disservice because their test results will not be the same as yours. Any "advice" will more than likely just mess with your head.
Does everyone get the follow up interview? I did mine March 29th and have not had a follow up. Hoping that doesn't mean I failed.

cb681
Rookie Member

Postby cb681 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:36 pm

habsfan1221 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:08 pm
Does everyone get the follow up interview? I did mine March 29th and have not had a follow up. Hoping that doesn't mean I failed.
You should have had the interview scheduled after you completed the multiple choice portion. I would contact the psych office and follow up.
OITP: May 2019
Rigaud: July 2019
14C