OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Leeworthy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pm
Hello everyone,
I apologize if this subject has already been brought up in the thread but i`d like to confirm that there are no requirements for the new applicants to do any ATS in order to apply for OPP as a constable? Seems like the hiring process has become easier by cancelling the ATS for applicants....
No ATS required for OPP as of Jan 1, 2019
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

Fonthill
Grand Poobah

Postby Fonthill » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pm
Hello everyone,
I apologize if this subject has already been brought up in the thread but i`d like to confirm that there are no requirements for the new applicants to do any ATS in order to apply for OPP as a constable? Seems like the hiring process has become easier by cancelling the ATS for applicants....
Use the search button next time or google it.
Correctional Officer, CO2

Wheels28

Postby Wheels28 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 pm

I wouldn’t say it makes the process any easier. More accessible for people to apply, but the process is still going to remain just as competitive.

JoshuaD
Rookie Member

Postby JoshuaD » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:48 am

Hello Everyone;

I've been lurking on this site for quite some time and decided I would finally post as I've decided to apply for OPP.

I've noticed it has slowed down here on the forum a bit, I assume the September class is full at this point.

Good Luck to everyone who is still going through the process.
J. D

O.P.P
Applied: July 12th, 2019
File Number: July 17th, 2019
Invite To LFI:
LFI:
Background:
Home Interview:
Medical:
Psych/SIGMA:

Belanger797
Rookie Member

Postby Belanger797 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 pm

JoshuaD wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:48 am
Hello Everyone;

I've been lurking on this site for quite some time and decided I would finally post as I've decided to apply for OPP.

I've noticed it has slowed down here on the forum a bit, I assume the September class is full at this point.

Good Luck to everyone who is still going through the process.
Welcome and good luck!

As far as I know, no one has received a call for the fall class yet! But correct me if I’m wrong!

Many of us have been waiting 3 or more months since our home interview!

Patience is key in this process!

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:55 am

Submitted my application last week, file number received 2 days later (bonus). Now I am just waiting as they want a copy of my high school transcript. I included my GED transcript. Of course this time of year is summer vacation, so hopefully next week someone is in the office and can send a copy to me by e-mail. Until then, I will keep pumping out those PT sessions and improving my overall fitness level.

Best of luck to everyone applying.
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

Ahmad.A
Rookie Member

Postby Ahmad.A » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:59 pm

What are the start dates for the 3 classes hosted every year at the Ontario Police College?

Cosmo

Postby Cosmo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Ahmad.A wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:59 pm
What are the start dates for the 3 classes hosted every year at the Ontario Police College?
January may august

Ahmad.A
Rookie Member

Postby Ahmad.A » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:42 pm

thx!

PurpleLine
Rookie Member

Postby PurpleLine » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:11 pm

Do any current service members know the OOPs policy on leave for reserve military service? I know some public sector jobs allow periods of unpaid leave after 6 months of employment to conduct military training necessary for development (Not including the RCMP). Does anyone know if this is true for the OPP?
OPP Application
Submitted - July 23 2019
PBQ - August 13 2019

Fonthill
Grand Poobah

Postby Fonthill » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:22 pm

PurpleLine wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:11 pm
Do any current service members know the OOPs policy on leave for reserve military service? I know some public sector jobs allow periods of unpaid leave after 6 months of employment to conduct military training necessary for development (Not including the RCMP). Does anyone know if this is true for the OPP?
First off I appreciate your service. As for corrections and being in the same Ministry, I believe it’s an unpaid leave of absence only approved first, eh.

Just send them an email.
Correctional Officer, CO2

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:51 am

Anyone That could help me or give me tips for cover letter?

EsivarT

Postby EsivarT » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:36 pm

duartepe wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:51 am
Anyone That could help me or give me tips for cover letter?
The cover letter is your chance to briefly introduce yourself (incl. interests, motivations, etc.) to the Recruiters.

Edit: I am not a recruiter nor a sworn LEO.

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:27 pm

Question: Is it alright if you will apply/submit an application for a OPP constable even if you have an active application in the OPP Auxiliary program specifically in the final stage already?

mrtinfoilman
Rookie Member

Postby mrtinfoilman » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:37 am

duartepe wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:27 pm
Question: Is it alright if you will apply/submit an application for a OPP constable even if you have an active application in the OPP Auxiliary program specifically in the final stage already?
If you get denied at the Auxiliary program, you're going to get denied at the Constable selection. Same process transfers over I'm assuming. I'm not OPP or a recruiter, this is just my opinion.

As for applying for OPP constable, I don't believe its an issue, you're applying for a paid position rather than a volunteer one. Usually people who are entering Auxiliary take the next step in applying for Constable position. You get your foot in the door with the agency, network your ass off, meet the constables and staff sergeants and then you apply.

Your chances currently with OPP is higher than municipal services. They are hungry for recruits and they're running thin from what I understand.