OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
matty
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby matty » Thu May 21, 2020 5:10 pm

ktb89 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:01 pm
Hi All,
I am preparing my application to apply hopefully early next week.
Just have a question here. On the check list of mandatory information, it says copies of certificates if applicable:- do you include your actual diploma(s)/Degree? or just certificate like OACP, First Aid etc.

Thanks kindly.
Include everything that can make you stand out as a candidate.
OPP App Timeline:

Subm.: 10-NOV-19
File N: 12-NOV-19
PBQ: 10-DEC-19
LFI Inv.: 11-DEC-19
LFI: 07-JAN-20
LFI Results: 17-JAN-20
Psych/SIGMA: 24-JAN-20
Med: 06-FEB-20
Backg: 10-FEB-20
Home Int.: 17-FEB-20
Psych Int.: 05-MAR-20
The call: 27-APR-20

ktb89
Rookie Member

Postby ktb89 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:20 pm

matty wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:10 pm
ktb89 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:01 pm
Hi All,
I am preparing my application to apply hopefully early next week.
Just have a question here. On the check list of mandatory information, it says copies of certificates if applicable:- do you include your actual diploma(s)/Degree? or just certificate like OACP, First Aid etc.

Thanks kindly.
Include everything that can make you stand out as a candidate.

Thank you sir.
OPP App Timeline:
Subm.: 26-May-20
File N: 26-May-20

Gioreyes1994
Rookie Member

Postby Gioreyes1994 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm

Hello everyone,
I sent my application on April 22, I received my file number April 27 and since then I haven't heard anything back, 3 weeks it's not too long but I've seen other timeliness where people get their PBQ invitation even three days after, do you guys think mine it's taking too long? Should I sent them an email or just be patient?

matty
Rookie Member

Postby matty » Fri May 22, 2020 7:28 am

Gioreyes1994 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm
Hello everyone,
I sent my application on April 22, I received my file number April 27 and since then I haven't heard anything back, 3 weeks it's not too long but I've seen other timeliness where people get their PBQ invitation even three days after, do you guys think mine it's taking too long? Should I sent them an email or just be patient?
This has been answered a thousand times over in this thread. Every process is going to be different.
They haven’t lost your process and are constantly working on it. Bugging them about it won’t do you any favours.
OPP App Timeline:

PTrotts
Rookie Member

Postby PTrotts » Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm

matty wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:28 am
Gioreyes1994 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm
Hello everyone,
This has been answered a thousand times over in this thread. Every process is going to be different.
They haven’t lost your process and are constantly working on it. Bugging them about it won’t do you any favours.

I agree with what Matty said. Everyone's timeline is going to be different, look at mine and Matty's for example. Just be patient, they know how to get a hold of you. The O.P.P. are doing the best they can with what they have during these challenging times. Don't put your life on hold and just wait for the service to contact you. Keep living your life the same way you were prior to applying.

O.P.P. application (N.E.R.)

January 27: Sent application
January 29: File number assigned
February 13: Invitation to PASS/PBQ
March 17: PASS/PBQ test postponed due to COVID-19
March 18: Invitation to PBQ/LFI
April 9: PBQ/LFI
April 23: LFI results
May 3: BGI commenced
May 12: Psych test
May 14: Home interview

Mikk
Rookie Member

Postby Mikk » Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Got my interview date today
OPP Timeline

Applied on: March 31,2020
File no: April 8, 2020
LFI invitation: April 20, 2020
Virtual interview : June 2, 2020

Sb13ky
Rookie Member

Postby Sb13ky » Sun May 24, 2020 9:24 pm

I ended up getting an email a few days discussing how I won’t be moving forward. Frustrating to say the least but it’s not my time! I just have to keep working hard gain more experience! Best of luck to everyone!
OPP
Submitted Application: April 14, 2020
File Number Received: April 17, 2020
LFI Invitation: April 29, 2020
LFI: May 13, 2020

caseproven
Rookie Member

Postby caseproven » Sun May 24, 2020 11:35 pm

Sb13ky wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:24 pm
I ended up getting an email a few days discussing how I won’t be moving forward. Frustrating to say the least but it’s not my time! I just have to keep working hard gain more experience! Best of luck to everyone!
Tough break! I had my interview and I'd like to think it went well, I was super comfortable but you never know how they assess things. I've discovered I'm pretty ignorant on subjects relating to indigenous issues, so definitely an area I'll be trying to better inform myself on. After the interview I felt pretty good and then each day passing you're like "I should have elaborated on X" or "I should have said .." endless self reflection and self analyzing, all you can do is put your best foot forward! Keep your head up and good luck in the future!
OPP App Timeline:

Subm.: 23-April-20
File N: 27-April-20
PBQ/LFI Interview Invite: 8-May-20
LFI Interview: 22-May-20

Dapraxis
Rookie Member

Postby Dapraxis » Mon May 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking around this thread for about a year and it helped me get an offer back in March with the OPP. For everyone still in the process I hope you all find success and find the drive to push forward when it becomes difficult! I just received official word that OPC starts back up on June 24th and look forward to seeing some of you then!

birddy12
Rookie Member

Postby birddy12 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Dapraxis wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:47 pm
Hi all,

I’ve been lurking around this thread for about a year and it helped me get an offer back in March with the OPP. For everyone still in the process I hope you all find success and find the drive to push forward when it becomes difficult! I just received official word that OPC starts back up on June 24th and look forward to seeing some of you then!

Well said! It was a great email to get first thing this morning!

matty
Rookie Member

Postby matty » Mon May 25, 2020 4:19 pm

birddy12 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:46 pm
Dapraxis wrote:
Hi all,

I think it's safe to say that this will be the class with the worst haircuts ever hahaha
OPP App Timeline:

JR15!
Rookie Member

Postby JR15! » Mon May 25, 2020 7:41 pm

caseproven wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Sb13ky wrote:
Tough break! I had my interview and I'd like to think it went well, I was super comfortable but you never know how they assess things. I've discovered I'm pretty ignorant on subjects relating to indigenous issues, so definitely an area I'll be trying to better inform myself on. After the interview I felt pretty good and then each day passing you're like "I should have elaborated on X" or "I should have said .." endless self reflection and self analyzing, all you can do is put your best foot forward! Keep your head up and good luck in the future!
I'm in the exact same boat. I just completed my LFI on the 19th. I also thought it went well. I definitely studied up on my indigenous issues so I really had that knowledge down packed, but in other more common areas I thought my answers weren't as polished as they could have been, but I largely think that was due to initial nerves. Here's to hoping for some good news for us!
OPP App Timeline

File Sub: Mar 30, 2020
File#: Apr 8
PBQ/LFI Invite: Apr 15
PBQ/LFI: May 6 (cancelled)
PBQ/LFI Rescheduled: May 19

PTrotts
Rookie Member

Postby PTrotts » Mon May 25, 2020 8:03 pm

JR15! wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:41 pm
caseproven wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Sb13ky wrote:
I'm in the exact same boat. I just completed my LFI on the 19th. I also thought it went well. I definitely studied up on my indigenous issues so I really had that knowledge down packed, but in other more common areas I thought my answers weren't as polished as they could have been, but I largely think that was due to initial nerves. Here's to hoping for some good news for us!

I remember when I applied to O.P.P. auxiliary unit a few years ago. I sent my application and a little over a year later, I was invited for an interview. Two weeks later I got the thanks but no thanks letter in the mail. I know that feeling and it sucks. You put so much time and effort into the process. I've applied to some municipal police services, travelled hours away from home, booked hotels last minute, end up scoring 90+ on the PIN test and never heard back from them.

Good luck to you, persistence pays off.

O.P.P. application (N.E.R.)

January 27: Sent application
January 29: File number assigned
February 13: Invitation to PASS/PBQ
March 17: PASS/PBQ test postponed due to COVID-19
March 18: Invitation to PBQ/LFI
April 9: PBQ/LFI
April 23: LFI results
May 3: BGI commenced
May 12: Psych test
May 14: Home interview

NotOPP
Rookie Member

Postby NotOPP » Mon May 25, 2020 9:06 pm

matty wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:19 pm
birddy12 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:46 pm
Dapraxis wrote:
Hi all,

I think it's safe to say that this will be the class with the worst haircuts ever hahaha
Buzz cuts all around 😂