OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Online
allinthegame
Rookie Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:39 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby allinthegame » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Sorry to hear, Josh. Nothing you can do but continue to work on yourself and your resume and come back as an even better applicant.

Has anyone in the East Region had any movement in the process as of late?

User avatar
JoshG
Regular Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:06 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby JoshG » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:52 am

allinthegame wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:26 pm
Sorry to hear, Josh. Nothing you can do but continue to work on yourself and your resume and come back as an even better applicant.

Has anyone in the East Region had any movement in the process as of late?
Thanks for the reply. I am actually in Eastern Ontario. Timeline if helpful:

Application: January 8
File Number: January 14
Rejection Letter: (dated) March 4
Corrections Officer

CBSA:
Applied: Dec 2016
GCT2/WCPT: Apr 2017
Interview: Jan 2018
Sec. Clearance: Nov 2018
Psych test: Mar 2018
Psych interview: Mar 2018
Medical: Aug 2018
PARE: Sept 2018
Security Interview: Nov 2018

OITP: May 2019
Rigaud: July 2019

bug200
Rookie Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:40 am

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby bug200 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Hope someone can answer this question. If you have a reference letter from employer and volunteer places attached to your application. In the FAQ it says if successful in later portion of the interview you will need at least 9 people who can speak about your character, learning ability, leadership, etc. Does it have to be 9 people or can it be from the same people who were on your reference letter?

Thank you

Wheels28
Regular Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Wheels28 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 pm

bug200 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 pm
Hope someone can answer this question. If you have a reference letter from employer and volunteer places attached to your application. In the FAQ it says if successful in later portion of the interview you will need at least 9 people who can speak about your character, learning ability, leadership, etc. Does it have to be 9 people or can it be from the same people who were on your reference letter?

Thank you
I don't have an answer for you, but I recall when I was selected for an interview they provided an instructions package for all the documents you need to fill and bring to the interview. If they still have you prepare those documents for the interview, I suspect they'll include whether the references need to be from individuals outside those who have written you a reference letter.

I do not remember for certain, but I believe my school references were also authors of reference letters I submitted initially.

I hope this helps,

Wheels

bug200
Rookie Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:40 am

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby bug200 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Wheels28 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 pm
bug200 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 pm
Hope someone can answer this question. If you have a reference letter from employer and volunteer places attached to your application. In the FAQ it says if successful in later portion of the interview you will need at least 9 people who can speak about your character, learning ability, leadership, etc. Does it have to be 9 people or can it be from the same people who were on your reference letter?

Thank you
I don't have an answer for you, but I recall when I was selected for an interview they provided an instructions package for all the documents you need to fill and bring to the interview. If they still have you prepare those documents for the interview, I suspect they'll include whether the references need to be from individuals outside those who have written you a reference letter.

I do not remember for certain, but I believe my school references were also authors of reference letters I submitted initially.

I hope this helps,

Wheels
It does. Just wondering how to come up with 9 names or school teacher since been out for awhile. thanks though.

runningguy
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby runningguy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:51 pm

bug200 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:10 pm
Wheels28 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 pm
bug200 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 pm
Hope someone can answer this question. If you have a reference letter from employer and volunteer places attached to your application. In the FAQ it says if successful in later portion of the interview you will need at least 9 people who can speak about your character, learning ability, leadership, etc. Does it have to be 9 people or can it be from the same people who were on your reference letter?

Thank you
I don't have an answer for you, but I recall when I was selected for an interview they provided an instructions package for all the documents you need to fill and bring to the interview. If they still have you prepare those documents for the interview, I suspect they'll include whether the references need to be from individuals outside those who have written you a reference letter.

I do not remember for certain, but I believe my school references were also authors of reference letters I submitted initially.

I hope this helps,

Wheels
It does. Just wondering how to come up with 9 names or school teacher since been out for awhile. thanks though.
For education references, it could be your classmates, co-workers, work supervisors, as long as its someone that can demonstrate you are continuously improving your education/taking courses/additional trainings. I think that's what they want to see. And yes, people who wrote you reference letters can be your references in later stage.

yeboah96
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby yeboah96 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 pm

bug200 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:10 pm
Wheels28 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 pm
bug200 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 pm
Hope someone can answer this question. If you have a reference letter from employer and volunteer places attached to your application. In the FAQ it says if successful in later portion of the interview you will need at least 9 people who can speak about your character, learning ability, leadership, etc. Does it have to be 9 people or can it be from the same people who were on your reference letter?

Thank you
I don't have an answer for you, but I recall when I was selected for an interview they provided an instructions package for all the documents you need to fill and bring to the interview. If they still have you prepare those documents for the interview, I suspect they'll include whether the references need to be from individuals outside those who have written you a reference letter.

I do not remember for certain, but I believe my school references were also authors of reference letters I submitted initially.

I hope this helps,

Wheels
It does. Just wondering how to come up with 9 names or school teacher since been out for a while. thanks though.
You only need 3 from each section; work, school, and personal. You can find an answer to your question, and many others you may have under the O.P.P's uniform recruitment frequently asked questions.

https://www.opp.ca/index.php?&lng=en&id ... a25828d1a5

Hope this helps.
O.P.P

Applied: Jan 21, 2019
File Number Assigned: Jan 23, 2019
LFI Email: Feb 1, 2019
PBQ/LFI: Feb 20, 2019
LFI Results: Feb 26, 2019
BGI/Medical Started: Mar 5, 2019
Home Interview: Mar 13, 2019
Psych/Sigma: Mar 26, 2019

NSTPG
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 am

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby NSTPG » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:14 pm

Still waiting for LFI since January, I trust they're doing their thing and not just forgetting about peoples' applications haha. I am applying from the east coast, out of province. 8)
OPP
Applied: 2019/01/21
File #: 2019/01/23

Nickyh18
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Nickyh18 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 pm

yeboah96 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 pm
bug200 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:10 pm
Wheels28 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 pm


I don't have an answer for you, but I recall when I was selected for an interview they provided an instructions package for all the documents you need to fill and bring to the interview. If they still have you prepare those documents for the interview, I suspect they'll include whether the references need to be from individuals outside those who have written you a reference letter.

I do not remember for certain, but I believe my school references were also authors of reference letters I submitted initially.

I hope this helps,

Wheels
It does. Just wondering how to come up with 9 names or school teacher since been out for a while. thanks though.
You only need 3 from each section; work, school, and personal. You can find an answer to your question, and many others you may have under the O.P.P's uniform recruitment frequently asked questions.

https://www.opp.ca/index.php?&lng=en&id ... a25828d1a5

Hope this helps.
If I remember correctly, I required 9 additional references aside from my reference letters. I have been out of school for approximately 11 years and a lot of my teachers have passed on so I used individuals who could speak to my learning ability ie- training officer for a previous job, any coaches that you may have had for a sport etc. All of these individuals will be interviewed in the background stage.
Hope this helps!

amk
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby amk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:54 am

Finally I was able to create my account here.
I have a quick question or two if anyone can help.
how long it takes to get the LFI results ? Also do you receive an email or call or mail for the results.
Going through the posts here, candidates are getting results pretty quick, almost within a week. I been patiently waiting for results since its little over a week since I have had my LFI.

realcdn
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby realcdn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:06 pm

amk wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:54 am
Finally I was able to create my account here.
I have a quick question or two if anyone can help.
how long it takes to get the LFI results ? Also do you receive an email or call or mail for the results.
Going through the posts here, candidates are getting results pretty quick, almost within a week. I been patiently waiting for results since its little over a week since I have had my LFI.
Had my LFI March 01
Still waiting for Yay or Nay..... :banghead:
APPLIED: JAN 07
FILE # : JAN 10
LFI EMAIL: JAN 24
LFI : MARCH 01

Wheels28
Regular Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Wheels28 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:07 pm

amk wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:54 am
Finally I was able to create my account here.
I have a quick question or two if anyone can help.
how long it takes to get the LFI results ? Also do you receive an email or call or mail for the results.
Going through the posts here, candidates are getting results pretty quick, almost within a week. I been patiently waiting for results since its little over a week since I have had my LFI.
No news is always good news. Everyone's experience will be different, but my LFI results came about 2 weeks after the interview date. I received the response via email, advising me that I'd be moving onto background stage and an investigator would contact me in the coming weeks.

I believe if you're unsuccessful, they still send a letter in the mail.

Good luck.

amk
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby amk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Thank you all for quick responses.
Yes no news is a good news. Its just so hard to wait, but fingers crossed.

Realcdn : Good Luck Buddy.

I guess patience is the key 8)

realcdn
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby realcdn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 am

Got the standard 1 year generic deferral letter in the mail today
Will be back next year
Good luck to everyone
APPLIED: JAN 07
FILE # : JAN 10
LFI EMAIL: JAN 24
LFI : MARCH 01

ROVER1991
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby ROVER1991 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:49 pm

realcdn wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 am
Got the standard 1 year generic deferral letter in the mail today
Will be back next year
Good luck to everyone

Keep busy with obtaining new knowledge, experiences and growth, and that 1 year will be gone faster than expected.
Keep your head up and onward.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, allinthegame, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], new2this, NYTO and 9 guests