OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

a_christian
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby a_christian » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:57 pm

MissA2189 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:39 am
Tuzi wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 pm
Can anyone who has already been through the interview process give tips on what to study or how to prepare for the LFI. Of course honesty is a given, however, should we study all the units, regions, detachments, commissioners, and stats of the O.P.P? Any help will be much appreciated!!

Applied: Jan 1st
File #: Jan 3rd
LFI notification: Feb 14th
LFI date: not yet received...
You should know about the organizational structure of the OPP etc. Also be prepared to answer as to why you picked the six detachment choices you did.

There are some situational type questions, so be prepared to answer as throughly as possible using the star method
Really know yourself and your history - dates, persons involved, outcomes, etc.. You will be asked a series of questions more than just whats on a PBQ. Also reflect on your experiences, things that you could possibly pull on for competency type questions.

Good Luck!

Tuzi
Rookie Member

Postby Tuzi » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:16 pm

a_christian wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:57 pm
MissA2189 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:39 am
Tuzi wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 pm
Can anyone who has already been through the interview process give tips on what to study or how to prepare for the LFI. Of course honesty is a given, however, should we study all the units, regions, detachments, commissioners, and stats of the O.P.P? Any help will be much appreciated!!

LFI notification: Feb 14th
LFI date: not yet received...
You should know about the organizational structure of the OPP etc. Also be prepared to answer as to why you picked the six detachment choices you did.

There are some situational type questions, so be prepared to answer as throughly as possible using the star method
Really know yourself and your history - dates, persons involved, outcomes, etc.. You will be asked a series of questions more than just whats on a PBQ. Also reflect on your experiences, things that you could possibly pull on for competency type questions.

Good Luck!
Thank you, this will definitely help!
O.P.P.
LFI/PBQ email: Feb 13th
LFI/PBQ: March 15th

CBSA
Applied: Jan 25th
OTEE: Mar 11th

Cosmo
Rookie Member

Postby Cosmo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 pm

I have finally received my LFI date, patience is truly key!
OPP
Applied: Jan 3, 2019
File number: Jan 3, 2019
LFI package: Feb 14, 2019
LFI: March 21, 2019

ubique89
Rookie Member

Postby ubique89 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Has anyone that submitted their application in the last couple weeks of January rec'd a file #?
I am starting to see people who submitted application's in Feb. receiving file numbers.
I reached out to the recruitment IG account and they said due to influx they are giving file numbers as they get to them.
I am thinking that any new apps are pushing older apps further to the bottom rather than working from old to new... Anyone else able to speak to this? :)
Thank you.

Cosmo
Rookie Member

Postby Cosmo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:54 pm

ubique89 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:33 pm
Has anyone that submitted their application in the last couple weeks of January rec'd a file #?
I am starting to see people who submitted application's in Feb. receiving file numbers.
I reached out to the recruitment IG account and they said due to influx they are giving file numbers as they get to them.
I am thinking that any new apps are pushing older apps further to the bottom rather than working from old to new... Anyone else able to speak to this? :)
Thank you.
That happend to me with regards to LFI , all the new applications were getting them before me. I don't think they go in chronological order. It's just a waiting game.
OPP
Applied: Jan 3, 2019
File number: Jan 3, 2019
LFI package: Feb 14, 2019
LFI: March 21, 2019

prokes

Postby prokes » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:25 am

Cosmo wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 pm
I have finally received my LFI date, patience is truly key!
Awesome! Good luck with the interview.

stribor45
Veteran Member

Postby stribor45 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:10 am

I don’t know if this helps but I submitted my application end of January and received file # few days ago.

On the side I have question. Once you receive the file number you can then receive either email that you are about to be scheduled for LFI or rejection letter via Canada post?

Also does PBQ happens before LFI or at the same time and is how is PBQ done?

MissA2189
Rookie Member

Postby MissA2189 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:09 pm

stribor45 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:10 am
I don’t know if this helps but I submitted my application end of January and received file # few days ago.

On the side I have question. Once you receive the file number you can then receive either email that you are about to be scheduled for LFI or rejection letter via Canada post?

Not sure about the rejection letter at the LFI scheduling time, but if you are going on to the LFI its probably going to be a email.

You are issued a package that you have to fill out and bring the supporting documents at the time of the interview.

Once you arrive at the interview location, you will be asked to answer more questionaires on various topics and go through that as well as the package received prior with a recruiter.
Correctional Officer

OPP Application
Submitted: January 1 2019
File Number Assigned: January 2 2019
LFI Package: January 9 2019
LFI: January 30 2019
LFI Passed: February 8 2019

Schmidch
Rookie Member

Postby Schmidch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:58 pm

Just a quick question: If you are successful after the LFI, are you still sent a letter as shown in the recruitment videos or is it an email/ call? I'm just curious for the heck of it lol.

yeboah96
Rookie Member

Postby yeboah96 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 pm

Schmidch wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:58 pm
Just a quick question: If you are successful after the LFI, are you still sent a letter as shown in the recruitment videos or is it an email/ call? I'm just curious for the heck of it lol.
I can't speak to after the LFI... However, it seems as though they've moved away from sending letters. Contact is made through email followed by a call to schedule your next steps if successful in the process.
O.P.P

Applied: Jan 21, 2019
File Number Assigned: Jan 23, 2019
LFI Email: Feb 1, 2019
PBQ/LFI: Feb 20, 2019
LFI Results: Feb 26, 2019

BGI Started: Mar 5, 2019
Home Interview: Mar 13, 2019
Psych/Sigma: Mar 26, 2019

MissA2189
Rookie Member

Postby MissA2189 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:45 am

Schmidch wrote:
If you are successful at the LFI stage its a email that gets sent out. Was given a timeline of 2-3 weeks, heard the result at the 1.5 week mark.

Good luck!
Correctional Officer

OPP Application
Submitted: January 1 2019
File Number Assigned: January 2 2019
LFI Package: January 9 2019
LFI: January 30 2019
LFI Passed: February 8 2019

Schmidch
Rookie Member

Postby Schmidch » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:32 am

MissA2189 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:45 am
Schmidch wrote:
If you are successful at the LFI stage its a email that gets sent out. Was given a timeline of 2-3 weeks, heard the result at the 1.5 week mark.

Good luck!
Perfect! Thanks a bunch :)
OPP
Applied - Jan 14 '19
File# - Jan 15 '19
LFI - Feb 14 '19

Tuzi
Rookie Member

Postby Tuzi » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:09 am

Did anyone get asked about the First Nations in Ontario or any general questions regarding Native Reserves etc.. during their LFI?

O.P.P.
LFI email: Feb13th
LFI date: Mar 15th
O.P.P.
LFI/PBQ email: Feb 13th
LFI/PBQ: March 15th

CBSA
Applied: Jan 25th
OTEE: Mar 11th

stribor45
Veteran Member

Postby stribor45 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:59 am

MissA2189 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:09 pm
stribor45 wrote:

Not sure about the rejection letter at the LFI scheduling time, but if you are going on to the LFI its probably going to be a email.

You are issued a package that you have to fill out and bring the supporting documents at the time of the interview.

Once you arrive at the interview location, you will be asked to answer more questionnaires on various topics and go through that as well as the package received prior with a recruiter.
Regarding sending the monthly updates email suggest to name the fitness file

“Fitness log-‘Month’-‘SURNAME’”. Are the quotes needed in the file name?

Thanks

allinthegame
Rookie Member

Postby allinthegame » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:18 am

stribor45 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:59 am
MissA2189 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:09 pm
stribor45 wrote:

Once you arrive at the interview location, you will be asked to answer more questionnaires on various topics and go through that as well as the package received prior with a recruiter.
Regarding sending the monthly updates email suggest to name the fitness file

“Fitness log-‘Month’-‘SURNAME’”. Are the quotes needed in the file name?

Thanks
Nope!