OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: CourtOfficer, Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby 26point2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:50 am

taerakwon wrote:Thank you for cheering me up!
The home visit was a pleasant experience than I expected.
I was being nervous, and I may have stutter with my speech, but I founded out about few informations which I was not informed previously. I do not know if he was viewing me positively, but I tried to tie up to myself, and did the best I could
Now, waiting time :)

Well, good luck. Just wondering, what did you mean tried to tie up to yourself? :ponder:
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"
26point2
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby HollowPoint » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:26 am

26point2 wrote:
taerakwon wrote:Thank you for cheering me up!
The home visit was a pleasant experience than I expected.
I was being nervous, and I may have stutter with my speech, but I founded out about few informations which I was not informed previously. I do not know if he was viewing me positively, but I tried to tie up to myself, and did the best I could
Now, waiting time :)

Well, good luck. Just wondering, what did you mean tried to tie up to yourself? :ponder:

Kinky :mrgreen:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men (and women) stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
HollowPoint
Grand Poobah

Postby taerakwon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 am

HAHAHA! SORRY, nothing to do with kinky stuff :P
I was losing my mind, since I was very nervous, so I thought I had to tie my brain and body together haha
taerakwon
Rookie Member

Postby 26point2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:39 am

taerakwon wrote:HAHAHA! SORRY, nothing to do with kinky stuff :P
I was losing my mind, since I was very nervous, so I thought I had to tie my brain and body together haha

Oh, that's a bit more coherent. I was wondering how your WCT went after I read your previous post. :smirk:
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
26point2
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby nwopolice06 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:58 am

bigbrownhat wrote:
j5chow wrote:Well best of luck to you. Like Moe said, I don't think they evaluate your MMPI until the very end of the process. Sometime between the end of the background and the final review stage. Where are you planning to go for your eye surgery?

Going for surgery in Kingston at Focus Eye Center. They say it wont take longer than 15 min. As for the MMPI, doesn't it seem weird that they would spend all that money and the time of an investigator to do a background check and not bother reading the results of the test they just gave you??? Seems odd to me. Also I don't think that my "investigator" is a detective or anything, he's just a regular PC from the detachment closest to me, spoke with him on the phone yesterday. Not that he can't investigate, I was just expecting someone different that's all. He said "I remember going through this and I hated the wait so I'll let you know, I'll be done by the first week in Jan, I just need to call your references". That was pretty awesome to hear. Pretty much as long as my eye surgery goes well I can't see any reasons not to hire me. I know all my references are going to give me nothing but rave reviews. However, I suppose with this whole process, it's better to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
:D

I wouldn't use the phrase "just a regular pc" in any point in your hiring process... a little advise from "just a regular pc"
Patrollin' the north
nwopolice06
Rookie Member

Postby WhiteEagle » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Ohh man! I just got a call today from OPP. Going for an interview in Orillia in 5 days. Its December 9th today, I submitted my application on November 11th. I seriously thought I would be waiting till January or February before getting an interview. What's going on? Caught totally off-guard. Good thing I've been reading up on OPP lots and latest OPP news and info, as suggested by 26point2. Thanks bud! Getting excited! :alright:
WhiteEagle
Rookie Member

Postby 26point2 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Awesome dude, thanks. Good luck!
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
26point2
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby All4U » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Congrats Eagle

SO SINCE I APPLIED ON NOV 16TH THEY'RE GONNA CALL ME ON DEC 18TH?! LOL! But seriously if they call me in that timeframe thats going set off alot of the Q&A seakers that seem to get on peoples nerves here. :P

From what I have read the OPP is really gearing up on hiring for 2011 (60 or so per next 3 classes?). I have reviewed thread for this info but to my surprise I have not seen much. Could any of the uniformed O.Dots shed some specific info in regards to OPP's desired recruit #'s?
OPP App. Mailed: 16-11-2010
Pre-Background Package: 13-12-2010
Contact for Interview: 31-12-2010
LFI: 13-01-2011
LFI Results: ?
All4U
Rookie Member

Postby toomuch » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Considering the last 3 classes have been around 70, I'm a little confused as how you see 60 per class as "gearing up".
toomuch
Seasoned Member

Postby basketcase » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Three years ago the classes were about 110 each. So yeah, 60 is not gearing up. It's more like slacking off.
OFFICER OF THE LAW
basketcase
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby WhiteEagle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:07 am

110 three years ago? 70 last year? Not bad still for 60 this year. They can't always keep increasing their numbers (mainly due to budgeting issues I'd imagine). Speaking of which, I'm sure that events like the G8 and G20 put a bit of a dent into their bank accounts but I think the hiring numbers it will bounce back up in the next year or so.

Speaking with an officer, there was a hiring increase in the 80's. Now these officers are retiring and the population in increasing so they will definitely require more PC's to fill the void. Looks great for qualified candidates IMHO.

I know that York for example, when I attended their information session in April, they stated that they will require 80 new PC's by the end of 2010. Just so you can compare the two forces and get an idea.
WhiteEagle
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:16 am

May the force be with you my friend...

:smirk:
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"
Kopparoo2b
Poobah Overlord

Postby 26point2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:21 am

Kopparoo2b wrote:May the force be with you my friend...

:smirk:

Nice! I wish I said that!
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
26point2
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby 26point2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:21 am

According to the Annual Report, between now and 2014, over 900 officers will pass their earliest retirement date. I'm pretty sure that not all 900 will go right away. But if it's about half that number that retire, 60 new hires per session would still cover that.

I'm predicting that since OPC is doing renovations during the May session and the class is cut in half, that OPP only sends 30 recruits. Yikes! That's going to make the April/May intake even more competitive!
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
26point2
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby WhiteEagle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:42 am

26point2 wrote:I'm predicting that since OPC is doing renovations during the May session and the class is cut in half, that OPP only sends 30 recruits. Yikes! That's going to make the April/May intake even more competitive!

Very true, but no stress. I mean, if you've got what it takes and you pass all of the interviews and tests, the only thing you'd need to keep on top of would be your COR. It would then just be a question of WHEN and not IF you get into OPC. Of course, I would imagine that once you're hired, you're eager to start your new career and any delays in getting into OPC would just suck. :(( LOL!
WhiteEagle
Rookie Member

PreviousNext

Return to Law Enforcement Applicants (FAQ)