OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
HopefulPC
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby HopefulPC » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:30 am

toomuch wrote:
meathead1 wrote:I was at HSD HQ today for a requalification on a course and the Sgt was talking to us about how things have changed with the OPP. With the new command staff at the OPP academy, you now have 1 WEEK to pass your fitness test when you get there. No more of this "oh i have 13 weeks to get in shape at OPC" garbage. Make no mistake about it, if you are not in shape, you WILL go home. The OPP doesn't need people that badly.

Just to let others know, I was contacted by recruiting today and was told the same thing. Pass the PIN in your first week, or you're gonzo (and no, I don't mean the muppet).

First post be gentle,

With this being said, Obviously no one wants to get all the way to the end process to get booted for not making the fitness standard. And I am guessing that very few, if any want to work along side those that fail. SO.... Where do the potential hires stand when scoring themselves against the PIN test outlines that all OPP applicants received with their background packages????

Ran myself through it tonight and scored an overall of 86.5 points;
push ups, 20 points for superior? 64 in 60 sec.
sit and reach, Only 6 points - still working on my flexibility
curl up - 18 points - 50 curl ups
1.5 mile - 42.5 - 10:14

Hoping to improve all of these by the time I get to academy.
Status - Hired!! and still *****Waiting Patiently******, 2 weeks till the waiting ends.

lobrien
Rookie Member

Postby lobrien » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:15 am

I've read so many different variations I am not sure what is correct anymore for what the actual PIN is.
Push-ups = YES
Sit and Reach = YES
Curl-ups = YES
1.5 Mile OR Shuttle Run = ? Which is it. The shuttle run, or running the 1.5 mile.
If it is the run what is the time expected to pass.
If it is the shuttle run, what level is expected?
15/04/2011 - Application - Guelph Police Service
10/05/2011 - LFI

toomuch
Rookie Member

Postby toomuch » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:52 am

There's a whole other thread on whats required for the PIN test, and specifically what the OPP requires from its recruits. Some services may do the shuttle run, but for the OPP expect to do the 1.5 mile run. According to the OPP Physical Fitness Manual I received upon the commencement of my BGI, the passing mark is 80%. The time you need to achieve to pass the 1.5 mile run, along with the scoring of other components is age dependent.

26point2
Rookie Member

Postby 26point2 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:14 am

Hey lobrien,

Hear anything yet, Liam?
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"

lobrien
Rookie Member

Postby lobrien » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:05 am

thanks toomuch...

26point, nothing yet. Everyday though I am checking my mail box with heightened anxiety. It's been exactly two weeks now, so hopefully any day now. I was told 2-3 weeks, so my fingers are crossed.

I'll let you know when I know.
10/05/2011 - LFI

tbone12
Rookie Member

Postby tbone12 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:10 pm

The calls have started for the January class...

lobrien
Rookie Member

Postby lobrien » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:47 pm

MomaBear... any word yet?

It's been 2.5 weeks now and I haven't got anything. My interviewer told me 2-3 weeks so I am assuming early next week.
10/05/2011 - LFI

bigbrownhat
Rookie Member

Postby bigbrownhat » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Well I got the call a few days ago... Passed my LFI and I have my psych. on the 19th in Smith Falls. I checked my mailbox everyday but they actually called me a day before I got the letter in the mail. I'm excited as hell! I hear from a friend the psych. is pretty draining supposedly 500 true or false questions... but who knows.
anyone have any ideas on average times for BGIs?

BlueStripedPants
Rookie Member

Postby BlueStripedPants » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:32 pm

bigbrownhat wrote:Well I got the call a few days ago... Passed my LFI and I have my psych. on the 19th in Smith Falls. I checked my mailbox everyday but they actually called me a day before I got the letter in the mail. I'm excited as hell! I hear from a friend the psych. is pretty draining supposedly 500 true or false questions... but who knows.
anyone have any ideas on average times for BGIs?

It actually is closer to 700ish questions. I wouldn't sweat it. Just answer each question honestly and try not to give an answer you think the recruiter will like (it will skew your results). The more relaxed you are the quicker it will go ... although there is no time limit on it.
Under-promise and over-deliver.

26point2
Rookie Member

Postby 26point2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:48 pm

MMPI = 567 questions
the PF16 = 185 questions

Took 3 hours, glad it's done. 88)
"Sic Itur ad Astra"

MamaBear
Rookie Member

Postby MamaBear » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:53 pm

lobrien wrote:MomaBear... any word yet?

It's been 2.5 weeks now and I haven't got anything. My interviewer told me 2-3 weeks so I am assuming early next week.

:? Still no word. Monday will be 3 weeks..

I was told if i haven't heard anything in a month to contact them.. I was also told to fax any info to keep my file up to date.
RPAT Aug 2009 & 2010 - passed!
Selection package - Dec 2010
COR - Aug 2010
MMPI / PF16 - Oct 2010

ANRI
Rookie Member

Postby ANRI » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm

MamaBear wrote:
lobrien wrote:MomaBear... any word yet?

:? Still no word. Monday will be 3 weeks..

I was told if i haven't heard anything in a month to contact them.. I was also told to fax any info to keep my file up to date.

Hang on Guys! I was told 2 weeks but I got result after 6 weeks.

ryeguy
Rookie Member

Postby ryeguy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Just wondering if this is where this question should be but I understand there is two stages with the ATS and can someone explain to me what each stage entails?
thanks
Ryan

shiv_om
Rookie Member

Postby shiv_om » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:44 pm

A huge earthquake for me after successful tps interview, was flying so high, was so confident, that I did really great in interview at orillia too.(reach the interview stage in just 3 months,after only one month preparation for ATS including prep). but wait.....time to face a bitter reality,what you think about your self they don't think the same way.got a letter in mail from OPP after interview on 2nd October that I hv been rejected for 1 year, couldn't sleep the whole night. All hope on TPS now. Hope to keep my moral high.God please gv me some strength.

26point2
Rookie Member

Postby 26point2 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 pm

ryeguy wrote:Just wondering if this is where this question should be but I understand there is two stages with the ATS and can someone explain to me what each stage entails?
thanks
Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Try this -- www.applicanttesting.com

Everything you need there, bud. You don't want to ask any more questions like that here.
"Sic Itur ad Astra"