OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Wojo
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Wojo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:59 pm

SierraSeven wrote:
peregrin8 wrote:Here's my experience with the OPP so far...

I submitted my application and three days later I received a call saying my application would be reviewed. 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail saying that I will be contacted shortly for an interview date. So far I'm pretty impressed with how things are moving. My phone is certainly going to be by my side for the next couple of days anticipating the call.

But how could that be? Wojo says they're not hiring anyone because of budgetary reasons 88)

On a serious note, good luck with your process peregrin8 :thumbsup:

Good one...ya did I forget to mention the commissioner is a close personal friend? I get cc'd all the memos regarding the financials? lol...jk.

Good luck to everyone applying, there is a reason it isn't easy to get in, to seperate the wheat from the chaff, so hopefully we are all wheat and no chaff.

nwopolice06
Rookie Member

Postby nwopolice06 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:35 pm

peregrin8 wrote:Here's my experience with the OPP so far...

I submitted my application and three days later I received a call saying my application would be reviewed. 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail saying that I will be contacted shortly for an interview date. So far I'm pretty impressed with how things are moving. My phone is certainly going to be by my side for the next couple of days anticipating the call.

Here's my experience with the OPP so far...

Got hired... did the training... doing the work...

All worth it.

For those people who are still waiting impatiently for the call whether it be to move onto the next step or for an offer of hire, wait with tongue in cheek. There is no point coming on here talking about how long it is taking, everybody knows it is taking long, that's just the way it works. If you really want it, you will wait as long as they want you to!

Good luck
Patrollin' the north

recceguy
Seasoned Member

Postby recceguy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Well had my LFI the other day.....thought it went well. However reading that most people seem to get a call telling them they passed before the letter comes......me thinks I might be in for some bad news when the letter arrives.
"If you make a mistake live with it......your parents did"
-An unnamed Sgt. Major

RookieToBe
Rookie Member

Postby RookieToBe » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:49 pm

I've been deferred twice now after the interview stage. First time was due to "lack of life experience" (I was just a young pup), and second time they told me I had a lack of committment to fitness and needed to be more involved in my community (volunteering). I'm not going to come on here and whine or argue about why this is wrong and I should be givenin-depth answers by recruiting. Rather, for everyone else who may be deferred as I have been: pick yourself up, dust yourself off and work harder on whatever it is you're lacking. When that year comes around, have your application package ready to go and send it away. I know of very few people who have gone through the entire recruiting process on their first try. Perserverance is key :D
Giggity giggity goo!

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:17 pm

RookieToBe wrote:I've been deferred twice now after the interview stage. First time was due to "lack of life experience" (I was just a young pup), and second time they told me I had a lack of committment to fitness and needed to be more involved in my community (volunteering). I'm not going to come on here and whine or argue about why this is wrong and I should be givenin-depth answers by recruiting. Rather, for everyone else who may be deferred as I have been: pick yourself up, dust yourself off and work harder on whatever it is you're lacking. When that year comes around, have your application package ready to go and send it away. I know of very few people who have gone through the entire recruiting process on their first try. Perserverance is key :D

I have been rejected three times now. Forth kick at the bucket comes in December.
K division.

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:03 am

recceguy wrote:Well had my LFI the other day.....thought it went well. However reading that most people seem to get a call telling them they passed before the letter comes......me thinks I might be in for some bad news when the letter arrives.

Recce, you know as well as anyone else here that every experience is different. Even more so now because of budgetary constraints. Chin up and play the game......the waiting game.

Good luck :thumbsup:
Smurf shirted Constable Side-kick.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

recceguy
Seasoned Member

Postby recceguy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Oh I know.....I understand hurry up and wait. I also am not like some applicants where it's oh my god it's been 5 hours and I haven't heard anything yet! I don't mind waiting....it's more of a personal pride thing....I don't like failing.....and I hate not knowing even more.
"If you make a mistake live with it......your parents did"
-An unnamed Sgt. Major

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:08 am

recceguy wrote:Oh I know.....I understand hurry up and wait. I also am not like some applicants where it's oh my god it's been 5 hours and I haven't heard anything yet! I don't mind waiting....it's more of a personal pride thing....I don't like failing.....and I hate not knowing even more.

+ 1
feels like :banghead: sometimes
Smurf shirted Constable Side-kick.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:02 am

Just got the call! And posted to a detachment 40 mins from home...which is pretty good considering the size of this province! :drinking:
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

BlueStripedPants
Rookie Member

Postby BlueStripedPants » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:20 am

Mongo wrote:Just got the call! And posted to a detachment 40 mins from home...which is pretty good considering the size of this province! :drinking:

Congrats! January OPC?
Under-promise and over-deliver.

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks...no, no OPC's for me's, I did it in 2002 with my previous service and one session with that cafeteria is enough for anybody.
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

BlueStripedPants
Rookie Member

Postby BlueStripedPants » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Mongo wrote:Thanks...no, no OPC's for me's, I did it in 2002 with my previous service and one session with that cafeteria is enough for anybody.

Well that's just peachy then! You can get straight to the fun :boxer:
Under-promise and over-deliver.

toomuch
Rookie Member

Postby toomuch » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 pm

I'm just happy there's been some movement in this thread. Far too quiet around these parts!

Leeworthy
Rookie Member

Postby Leeworthy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:48 am

So, just a question. Those of you who have gotten in to the O.P.P, and are now either in OPC or working at your first posting, what do you think so far? Is it everything and more than you thought it would be? Or are some of you looking elsewhere now?
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19