Anyone in EPS Aug-2007 Class?

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
JK_2006
Rookie Member

Anyone in EPS Aug-2007 Class?

Postby JK_2006 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:05 am

Is there anyone who has been selected for EPS Aug-2007 class?

I am from BC and will be relocating to join EPS in Aug.

JK

username1
Rookie Member

Postby username1 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:24 am

no, i am not in the said recruit class. still completing some reqt's in my application. good job though in being accepted.

I read in the newspapers that there will be about 50+ in that class. it's going to be the last recruit class for EPS this year 2007.
EPS is also employing a new patrol policing model (it actually already started) because of the city's growth and the addition of a new southeast division station. check it out on their website as well as some of the business plans slated for 2008.

as far as housing, you bet that most people I talk to about this (friends and family) say it's really "ridiculous." not that I am discouraging you.. but that's reality. home equities for owners has gone up in the last couple of years, increasing these people's personal net worth. with a salary of about minimum 47 K a year for a 5th class constable pay (and of course incremental increases every year) , i am pretty sure you can get qualified for a mortgage of say 350 K (having a spouse or partner, with a dual income in the same household will also increase likelihood of approval). i suggest hire a real estate agent to help you in this aspect... but overall with the income you'll get, it's not far fetched.

good luck and welcome to Edmonton, man!

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Congrats! I'm not a police officer, so I can't help you out, but good luck! I think you'll enjoy the city.

As for username1, I'd love to get in contact with your mortgage broker. Making 50k a year, I was given a mortgage of 180,000 which will barely buy you a trailer in this city these days.

JK_2006
Rookie Member

Mortgage

Postby JK_2006 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Thanks guys,

It all depends on the mortgage broker and the bank you deal with. In BC my family applied for a mortgage with CIBC against the equity of our house and they approved us for only 165,000. So we went to Royal bank and got approved for 255,000. So the huge difference there.

Shop around and you will find a broker that will get you a decent mortgage.

I am looking to rent for first few months while in training and then buy a house once I finish my training.

JK