GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Boxto
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Boxto » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:44 am

hsinom wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:30 pm
JeanFrancois wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm
Boxto wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:51 am
Hi everyone. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm actually in the CBSA process. A friend told me about this forum. I have reed many threads here, and I have found many answers. Thank to you all. First of all, hope you will not pay too much attention at my english...it is not my first language, but I will improve it for sure! I'd like to have feedback from people who are older candidates..like, late 30's, mid 40's..? How have you handle the process with your personnal situation? House, family, wife, kids? That is interesting me. I know that we will have to make sacrifices if I continue the process. My wife understand that, and will work with me as a team to make that possible. Hope to ear from you boys and girls!
For starters don't pay attention to CanBr19, he'll just end up deleting his advice soon enough :)

Me and the family only speak on Holidays. I lost my house in a relationship split. My EX only wants money and my kids like their new father.

Hence why, I want to get a new job and go far far away :). Welcome the the forum and good luck on your application process.
Late 30s , 2 young kids and a sick disabled wife myself. Whatever is meant to happen will happen. Don’t stress And carry on . I’ve been declined by a lot of forces (permanent). My advice is don’t rely on these jobs . I have a full time job and I work a 2nd job part time while I was attending university also part time and volunteering which I gave up since wasn’t getting anywhere up I remain positive since life isn’t easy. I’m looking for a fresh start too in my life if given the chance.
You have the perfect sentence..." I’m looking for a fresh start too in my life if given the chance..".. I'm not stressed..i would say excited! I have a secure job, with some decent woking conditions, but no more challenge here. My life is not in play here. But it's not good for mental health to stay in a negative environment..i would say it's toxic. This CBSA is giving me hope, a smile, and 30 lbs + less :D
CBSA
Applied: Summer 2018
OTEE: October 2018 pass
Interview: April 2019 pass
RPAL : June 2019 pass
Psy Evaluation: July 2019 - done
Psy Interview - August 2019 - done waiting for results..
PARE: 2019...i'm working on it!!

Lospollos

Postby Lospollos » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:54 am

Boxto wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:44 am
hsinom wrote:
JeanFrancois wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm

For starters don't pay attention to CanBr19, he'll just end up deleting his advice soon enough :)

Me and the family only speak on Holidays. I lost my house in a relationship split. My EX only wants money and my kids like their new father.

Hence why, I want to get a new job and go far far away :). Welcome the the forum and good luck on your application process.
Late 30s , 2 young kids and a sick disabled wife myself. Whatever is meant to happen will happen. Don’t stress And carry on . I’ve been declined by a lot of forces (permanent). My advice is don’t rely on these jobs . I have a full time job and I work a 2nd job part time while I was attending university also part time and volunteering which I gave up since wasn’t getting anywhere up I remain positive since life isn’t easy. I’m looking for a fresh start too in my life if given the chance.
You have the perfect sentence..." I’m looking for a fresh start too in my life if given the chance..".. I'm not stressed..i would say excited! I have a secure job, with some decent woking conditions, but no more challenge here. My life is not in play here. But it's not good for mental health to stay in a negative environment..i would say it's toxic. This CBSA is giving me hope, a smile, and 30 lbs + less :D
If you think that law enforcement isn't a negative environment is advise to prepare for the worst.
CBSA:
OTEE - Pass
Interview - Pass
Psych - in process

CO2

Boxto
Rookie Member

Postby Boxto » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 am

Lospollos wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:54 am
Boxto wrote:
hsinom wrote:

If you think that law enforcement isn't a negative environment is advise to prepare for the worst.
I understand perfectly your point. I use to be a peace officer since the past 17 years...been there, done that. But a challenge like cbsa would be like a breeze to me... ;)
CBSA
Applied: Summer 2018
OTEE: October 2018 pass
Interview: April 2019 pass
RPAL : June 2019 pass
Psy Evaluation: July 2019 - done
Psy Interview - August 2019 - done waiting for results..
PARE: 2019...i'm working on it!!

new2this
Rookie Member

Postby new2this » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Would Windsor be considered a highly sought after location? Just curious - I know that there are no guarantees - was born and raised here and would like to stay if possible.

Stone.
Veteran Member

Postby Stone. » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:59 pm

new2this wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:42 pm
Would Windsor be considered a highly sought after location? Just curious - I know that there are no guarantees - was born and raised here and would like to stay if possible.
Windsor itself isn't but Southern Ontario Region is a very sought after region.

JesseJames
Rookie Member

Postby JesseJames » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Is the Psych Interview just meant to cover the results of the written tests and questions the psychologist has about some answers? Or is there more to it than that in the 30-60 minutes?

JeanFrancois
Veteran Member

Postby JeanFrancois » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 pm

JesseJames wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm
Is the Psych Interview just meant to cover the results of the written tests and questions the psychologist has about some answers? Or is there more to it than that in the 30-60 minutes?
Based on what i've read from other applicants: 15-30 minutes. They go over some basic questions; and ask additional questions based on your testing; an example question could be.

Tell me a time in your life when you felt your life was in danger? What was the situation? How did you feel? How did you react? What did you do?
CBSA:
App: 08-18
O.T.E.E: Sept 18
Interview: Jan 19
PAL: Jul 19
Psych: Sept 19
SLE:

JeanFrancois
Veteran Member

Postby JeanFrancois » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:48 pm

Lospollos wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:54 am
Boxto wrote:
hsinom wrote:

True, but at least you can do "a little something about it" . Yes from time to time people are dishonest, they lie, they cheat, they steal, backstab, shit talk and the list goes on.

Regulatory enforcement; We will be looking for the aforementioned people and more on a day-to-day basis; in hopes of keeping this country safe from the likes of those people. Most job's you are powerless from the deception of your customers. This time it's your job to catch them and penalize them within the confounds of the law.

Negative, perhaps. But rewarding and exciting, Yes!
CBSA:
App: 08-18
O.T.E.E: Sept 18
Interview: Jan 19
PAL: Jul 19
Psych: Sept 19
SLE:

dankmb
Rookie Member

Postby dankmb » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi :)

I have my security interview tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows what it entails? I'm assuming it just goes over everything from your clearance to cross-check.

Not looking to get any answers on anything, just wondering if i'm on track here .

Thanks in advance!

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 pm

dankmb wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm

I have my security interview tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows what it entails? I'm assuming it just goes over everything from your clearance to cross-check.

Not looking to get any answers on anything, just wondering if i'm on track here .

Thanks in advance!
Good luck!
CBSA GTA Applicant
Applied: August 2018
OTEE: September 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019
Medical: July 2019 (passed)

jwlong
Rookie Member

Postby jwlong » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi everyone Im new to this forum and would like to say hello. I have never posted before but followed a lot and have read a lot on here. Very good content and information. Congrats to all who've been accepted and are taking the leap and going through the process. I have been as well.
OTEE: Sept 2018 Pass
Interview: Feb 2019 Pass
Psy Eval & Interview - April 2019 pass
Med Eval: June 2019 Pass
Sec Clearance: May 2019 - Submitted/Waiting
Sec Interview: Waiting
PARE March 2019: Pass
RPAL: March 2019 Passed

jwlong
Rookie Member

Postby jwlong » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm

kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 pm
dankmb wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Good luck!
your time lines are pretty much the same as mine. Could i ask when you got the call telling you about it? Congrats and good luck too

dankmb
Rookie Member

Postby dankmb » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 pm

jwlong wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm
kellylihomes wrote:
dankmb wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Good luck!
your time lines are pretty much the same as mine. Could i ask when you got the call telling you about it? Congrats and good luck too
I got a call on Sunday, 2 days ago

jwlong
Rookie Member

Postby jwlong » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:36 pm

dankmb wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 pm
jwlong wrote:
kellylihomes wrote:

Good luck!
congrats. Hoping mine comes soon :)

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 pm

dankmb wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 pm
jwlong wrote:
kellylihomes wrote:

Good luck!
I thought we will be contacted through email to schedule integrity interview. Isn’t it?
CBSA GTA Applicant
OTEE: September 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019
Medical: July 2019 (passed)