How long does info stay in police portal

Discussion regarding human resource management.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

mck214

How long does info stay in police portal

Postby mck214 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:23 am

Hey Guys,

Quick question,

When I was 18 I got into a fight with my brother and my aunt called the police out to the house. No charges or anything like that. Im 26 going on 27 now and just wondering if that would still show up in any kind of back round check and if it would be held against me? my brother and myself have a good relationship now

thanks
Last edited by mck214 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tango5
King Poobah

Re: How long does info stay in police portal

Postby Tango5 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:29 am

mck214 wrote:Hey Guys,

Quick question,

When I was 18 I got into a fight with my brother and my aunt called the police out to the house. No charges or anything like that. Im 26 going on 27 now and just wondering if that would still show up in any kind of back round check and if it would be held against me? my brother and myself have a good relationship now

thanks

In police data base?.. as for background check?

Forever my friend.

>this is a recruiting specific question, might wanna ask Caroline>
ex :mrgreen: EDiv RCMP A/Constable
Traffic.. still Rocks.

... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

mck214

Postby mck214 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:52 am

Tango5 wrote:

Quick question,

thanks

Forever my friend.

thank you sir. This is for correctional recruiting. and where might I find Caroline?

Tango5
King Poobah

Postby Tango5 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:12 am

I see.

Caroline is an RCMP recruiter, she might give you some details tho.

Look for Ask an RCMP Recruiter thread.
Traffic.. still Rocks.

mck214

Postby mck214 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:21 am

Thanks Tango

Lastknotch
Veteran Member

Postby Lastknotch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Tango5 wrote:

Quick question,

thanks

Forever my friend.

This is not a simple answer to a simple question. There are many variables, when it comes background checks. For this particular occurrence especially, some factors may come into play, is how the occurrence was scored or investigated, whether as an Assault or Breach of Peace for example. Each Police Sevice may have different rules for file retention on a police database, violent occurrences may be held longer than non-violent etc.

Best practice is to be honest about any police involvement, when it comes to the background.

mck214

Postby mck214 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Lastknotch wrote:
Tango5 wrote:

Quick question,

thanks

Forever my friend.

This is not a simple answer to a simple question. There are many variables, when it comes background checks. For this particular occurrence especially, some factors may come into play, is how the occurrence was scored or investigated, whether as an Assault or Breach of Peace for example. Each Police Sevice may have different rules for file retention on a police database, violent occurrences may be held longer than non-violent etc.

Best practice is to be honest about any police involvement, when it comes to the background.

Thank you kindly.

Tango5
King Poobah

Postby Tango5 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:16 pm

Lastknotch wrote:
Tango5 wrote:

Quick question,

thanks

Forever my friend.

Exactly.

Speaking from experience with my security clearance interview... they keep it, keep it really long.

Auxiliary Constable process doesn't use integrity questionairies. You go blind subjecting yourself to questions about your past.
They asked me about a call I made to 911 reporting a robbery that took place at a convenience store 13 years in the past.
I didn't have to write it down for them, they knew. I was actually shocked.

Imagine more serious stuff.
Traffic.. still Rocks.