RCMP resignation and house/move

Discussion regarding human resource management.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

johnny_5

RCMP resignation and house/move

Postby johnny_5 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:59 pm

How does it work for a 5 year RCMP member who is considering to resign due to a number of reasons and needs to sell his house and move back to the Division where he is from? I remember seeing a Government website where they listed all kinds of reasons where RCMP were quitting the Force and what the Force was doing with your move but cannot find it anymore. There was something saying that if you were resigning after 5 years they move you back to the Division where you are from.

Do they actually pay for something or it is just (probably) "Thanks for serving but since you did not play the game all the way, you are on your own"? The cost of paying everything can be very high (movers, real estate commission to sell the house and lost of value on the house because of an overvalued housing market that is falling apart now).

Thanks!

Depot Web
Lord of the Poobahs
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Re: RCMP resignation and house/move

Postby Depot Web » Thu May 21, 2015 4:19 pm

PM sent.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

mcop44
Rookie Member

Postby mcop44 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Hello can I get some information on this too please. Same boat as you explained.

Thanks

argyll

Postby argyll » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:02 pm

When I quit after 10 years service I got my stuff moved from Nunavut to the nearest southern city - in my case Winnipeg. From there I was on my own.
The test of a gentlemen is how he treats someone who can be of no possible use to him.