suspended can I look into a second chance

Discussion regarding human resource management.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Qtips
Rookie Member

suspended can I look into a second chance

Postby Qtips » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Hello Form Let me try this again as I guess I wrote the last one wrong. Looking for any one with experience with this.

So sadly to my bad I had a lapse of judgment at my job due to external family problems. (mother passed away)
I was suspended on two different occasions for two different Issues.Nothing Major or Questionable. I was completely truthful when being internally investigated, and took full responsibility. (witch if I haven't it would have been probable that I would have never gotten the suspensions) And I'm back to full time. I want to move to a different department or LEA and learn from this experience. I feel the best officers are the ones who made mistakes and have learned from them.

My questions, or request for guidance and advice is:

How will other LEA's agency's perceive this? And how often do HR's disclose employee files. And lastly how often do HR's request a employee's file.

Thank You

Ziggy Stardust
King Poobah

Re: suspended can I look into a second chance

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Only one way to find out. If you're not happy where you are and need a fresh start there's no harm in giving it a try.
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

basketcase
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby basketcase » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:52 pm

I guess when the thread was locked the first time that wasn't good enough. But I'll give it a go. A suspension for non-compliance of policies (whatever that means in your case) is not going to help you and probably isn't a lapse in judgement. Using somebody's death is hardly an excuse for not doing your job however you're trained. Besides that it takes a lot to get suspended over a policy issue so I'm sure there's more to this.

Long story short it'll be looked into.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

Qtips
Rookie Member

Postby Qtips » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Thank you for the response.

Person in custody was moved without hand cuffs. (full complying)

Youth had miss written remand warrant on his date of birth. JJP faxe'd it. Was asked date of birth. Same as on remand. Was lodged with adults.

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Postby Bitterman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Qtips wrote:Thank you for the response.

Person in custody was moved without hand cuffs. (full complying)

Youth had miss written remand warrant on his date of birth. JJP faxe'd it. Was asked date of birth. Same as on remand. Was lodged with adults.

Who the heck do you work for...?
That's fucked...
The handcuff issue.... Won't get into that, but the fudged warrant..?
I have questions.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

opp2

Postby opp2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 am

I don't but I sure wouldn't be posting this kind of thing on these boards. Let's just say, if you got suspended from a job where you were already employed, (which in this day and age is pretty hard to do without making a major boo boo) that you're likely not going to be competitive enough against applicants who have not.

If you catch what I'm saying.
Investigate and educate before jumping off the Cliff of Assumption.