Secret Security Clearance taking awhile

Discussion regarding human resource management.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

an.
Rookie Member

Secret Security Clearance taking awhile

Postby an. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:58 am

How long does a CSIS level 2 ("Secret Level") Security Clearance take for a Federal Government department position?

I've been waiting 7 months. I've lived in multiple cities in Canada and one city outside of Canada within the past 10 years. Understandably the clearance should take awhile but how many months can it take up to?

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Thanks!

gotchya
Poobah Overlord

Re: Secret Security Clearance taking awhile

Postby gotchya » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:18 am

an. wrote:How long does a CSIS level 2 ("Secret Level") Security Clearance take for a Federal Government department position?

I've been waiting 7 months. I've lived in multiple cities in Canada and one city outside of Canada within the past 10 years. Understandably the clearance should take awhile but how many months can it take up to?

Thanks!
It depends which department you're getting it from and it depends what they have on the go.

BTW its the Treasury Board who established the security screening levels, and depending on what department you're in, CSIS or the RCMP does it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

A.T.R.
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59 am

There are most likely better candidates ahead of you.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

48highlander
Poobah Overlord

Postby 48highlander » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:39 pm

an. wrote:How long does a CSIS level 2 ("Secret Level") Security Clearance take for a Federal Government department position?

Thanks!
We tell applicants to the CF 4-18months for a pre-assessment. It took me almost 1 year to get my clearance, and I never moved around.

an.
Rookie Member

Postby an. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Thanks for all the useful info! Muchly appreciate it!

watchdog137
Rookie Member

Postby watchdog137 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 am

Thanks!
To add on what Gotchya said...
I am under the impression that it does indeed depend on what service you're applying to.
I'm in the same boat, even though I've got a level 3 through CSIS the service that I've applied to is still doing their own. Nothing you can do about it. Life goes on.

an.
Rookie Member

Postby an. » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:51 am

I guess I just have to wait it out. Thanks!

Richmond
Rookie Member

Postby Richmond » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi,
I am in same status now, waiting for my level II clearance as I have applied a federal position, have you got yours eventually? How many months have you waited?

Richmond
Rookie Member

Postby Richmond » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks!

48highlander
Poobah Overlord

Postby 48highlander » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Richmond wrote:Hi,
I am in same status now, waiting for my level II clearance as I have applied a federal position, have you got yours eventually? How many months have you waited?
You brought this thread back, just to ask this? It doesn't matter how long it took for the OP's clearance to get processed, because you are not him. CSIS will take however bloody long they want.

devilwoman
Poobah Overlord

Postby devilwoman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:46 pm

You brought this thread back, just to ask this? It doesn't matter how long it took for the OP's clearance to get processed, because you are not him. CSIS will take however bloody long they want.
Mine took over 6 months....RCMP lost my fingerprints a few times. Then my paperwork was lost.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Richmond
Rookie Member

Postby Richmond » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 am

devilwoman wrote:
Mine took over 6 months....RCMP lost my fingerprints a few times. Then my paperwork was lost.

I have been waitng for 10 months plus, don't know if my agent is taking a leave (Mat. or Parental).... :(
Extremely Frustrating