OPP Wage Grid

Discussion regarding human resource management.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

vincens
Rookie Member

OPP Wage Grid

Postby vincens » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Not sure if anyone can help me here, but there seems to be something odd with the OPP wage grid - the hourly, weekly and bi-weekly rates don't seem to match up with the annual rates. I assumed that they would based on a standard 40 hour work week (and 26 pay periods in the year), but they don't appear to be (they seem to be lower).

Can anyone shed some light on this?

gotchya
Poobah Overlord

Re: OPP Wage Grid

Postby gotchya » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 pm

vincens wrote:Not sure if anyone can help me here, but there seems to be something odd with the OPP wage grid - the hourly, weekly and bi-weekly rates don't seem to match up with the annual rates. I assumed that they would based on a standard 40 hour work week (and 26 pay periods in the year), but they don't appear to be (they seem to be lower).

Can anyone shed some light on this?
I don't know what you're talking about?

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/index.php?id=98

It just shows the yearly salary.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

vincens
Rookie Member

Postby vincens » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Never mind, I figured it out. The annual salary is divided by 52.176 weeks (factor takes into account that on average, a year has 365.25 days due to leap years). If you only use 52 weeks, you get the wrong figure.

d rock

Postby d rock » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:11 am

vincens wrote:Never mind, I figured it out. The annual salary is divided by 52.176 weeks (factor takes into account that on average, a year has 365.25 days due to leap years). If you only use 52 weeks, you get the wrong figure.

Now that's a future S/Sgt. in the making.