Joining Winnipeg Police.

Discussion regarding human resource management.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Canadian Blue
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Re: Joining Winnipeg Police.

Postby Canadian Blue » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the RCMP put forward a new recruiting policy that basically stated recruits from the LMD will go back to the LMD once their training is complete? I'm not 100% certain this is correct, just recall reading about it a couple months back.
The RCMP was my first choice, but i really dont want to work in the middle of nowhere.
If you don't want to work in rural areas or the north you probably shouldn't consider the RCMP. The reason is simple, the RCMP specifically requests that you should be willing to serve anywhere in Canada, if not then the organization would lose another member because you don't like working out of Pinehouse, SK.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=Onio ... a=N&tab=wl

If any of the members of the RCMP want to correct me on this, feel free to shoot one across the bow.

SHAMROCK
Grand Poobah

Postby SHAMROCK » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 pm

VanB wrote:It astounds me when people come on here asking questions of active members and then get offended when people make comments in the thread that aren't supportive.

Let me put this forward, I speak for myself, but I'm sure other police officers will feel this applies to them as well:

I do not come to Blueline to be supportive of applicants.

Not only that, but it isn't my job to be supportive of you just because you think you'd be a good applicant. I can form my opinion based on what information I have before me about you. If you don't like that opinion then tough titties, not everyone in the world is going to love you or necessarily think you're the perfect applicant. If you can't accept that them perhaps you should reconsider not only applying, but also using whether or not you want to be part of society because it's a simple fact of life that everyone isn't going to be your personal cheerleader.

I don't have to support you mainly because I can still hold out hope that there's a better calibre of applicant still out there who doesn't need to come on here and ask "where's the best place to volunteer so I can get hired," or "which one will pay me more money and give me better dental." Don't like that? Life sucks, get a helmet.
Good post.

polarissucks
Rookie Member

Postby polarissucks » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:57 pm

I dont expect everyone to like me, or even treat me well, thanks. But all i simply ask is some respect. I know respect wont always be given to me, but I simply want to ask you guys because I thought you would know, and could maybe steer me in the right direction. I know the benefits really dont make the job, but they sure do help. I'm at a time in my life when I dont know as much as I should, and I wanted to look at people who could point me in the correct direction.

polarissucks
Rookie Member

Postby polarissucks » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 pm

But thanks to all of yours for answering. Especially MarkS I will have to look into how to do an interview and "sell myself well" I will just try and figure out whats necessary to make a good officer.

TheSofaKing

Postby TheSofaKing » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:36 pm

polarissucks wrote: any other suggestions of places to volunteer?
My house could use a coat of paint... :thumbsup:

argyll

Postby argyll » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:33 am

:bow:
The test of a gentlemen is how he treats someone who can be of no possible use to him.

polarissucks
Rookie Member

Postby polarissucks » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:45 am

Would the Winnipeg Police take me if i only had my grade 12?

Canadian Blue
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Canadian Blue » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:02 am

Jim Street
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:33 am

What do you think?

What is with applicants who think we should all coddle them and hold their hands, guiding them through the process? Do you know how many people got hired before the frickin internet was around? LOTS!
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

polarissucks
Rookie Member

Postby polarissucks » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm

What kind of questions will be asked at the interviews? I know it gives a very brief idea of what will be asked of you. But i want to more in-depth what they mean. Any WPS members could be of great help here.

th
Poobah Overlord

Postby th » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:35 pm

polarissucks wrote:What kind of questions will be asked at the interviews? I know it gives a very brief idea of what will be asked of you. But i want to more in-depth what they mean. Any WPS members could be of great help here.
You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink 'till that good girl sins;
You can even drink an ugly girl pretty, but you can't drink a fat girl thin.

polarissucks
Rookie Member

Postby polarissucks » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:42 pm

haha, thats funny. Not helpful, but still funny.

th
Poobah Overlord

Postby th » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:06 am

polarissucks wrote:haha, thats funny. Not helpful, but still funny.
You know, if you weren't a lazy prick who expected everything to be spoon fed for you, you could probably engage your brain and figure out what the questions will probably be like.
You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink 'till that good girl sins;
You can even drink an ugly girl pretty, but you can't drink a fat girl thin.

polarissucks
Rookie Member

Postby polarissucks » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:09 am

I'm not lazy, just ignorant. I really dont want to know everything, i just want to have a heads up. I dont live near a big police station where i can talk to officers. I wanted to go for a ride along with the RCMP but they couldnt find the officers when i did drive over an hour to get to their station. I do try , and i have talked to some when i see them in my town.

gotchya
Poobah Overlord

Postby gotchya » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:11 am

polarissucks wrote:I'm not lazy, just ignorant.
Was that suppose to help your case?

You do know blueline has a search function and Google is pretty good at digging up information? The information is out there you just have to look for it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage