Eye Floaters - Anyone else?

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
2K5911
Rookie Member

Eye Floaters - Anyone else?

Postby 2K5911 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:17 pm

Hey, just came back from eye doctor - everything is great still have my "better than perfect" vision - only I have these floaters in my right eye. Like little "hairs" or "round things" that are annoying and float across my vision.

Doc says it is normal, and that there is nothing that can be done about it - just wanting to know if anyone else has this too? Find anything to make it less annoying? (I bought a set of polarized sunglasses, and it helped a lot)
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ... Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

Jib
Seasoned Member

Re: Eye Floaters - Anyone else?

Postby Jib » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:37 am

2K5911 wrote:Hey, just came back from eye doctor - everything is great still have my "better than perfect" vision - only I have these floaters in my right eye. Like little "hairs" or "round things" that are annoying and float across my vision.

Doc says it is normal, and that there is nothing that can be done about it - just wanting to know if anyone else has this too?

:aye:
2K5911 wrote:Find anything to make it less annoying? (I bought a set of polarized sunglasses, and it helped a lot)

Nope. Just find I'm pretty sensitive to bright sunlight.
dura lex sed lex

Actus Reus
Grand Poobah

Postby Actus Reus » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:32 am

Yep, me too. I've noticed I've had a couple in each eye for the last few years. They're especially noticeable when I'm looking at a white wall. Totally normal, and I'm told to expect a few more as I get older.
For by wise counsel thou shalt wage thy war.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:29 am

I got hit in my left eye with a snow ball when I was about 14. Since then I have had a floater. Other than that no other problems.

Recon
Rookie Member

n

Postby Recon » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:32 am

I have a HUGE problem with mine, it also affects my hearing as well.
It usually happens around 6 am. I hear an alarming sound, my eyes cannot focus. It usually subsides around 9 am after a Cafe Mocha form a doughnut place that won't be named!

Sorry, had to make fun!
Why walk when you can ride!

Justin L
Rookie Member

Postby Justin L » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:46 pm

I had a bad eye accident 2 years. I got hit in the eye with a nail and had to have my eyeball stitched up with a couple stitches. You can still see the white scar on my eye just below the pupil, my vision is fine but I sometimes get those floating things.

Darren
Sage Member

Postby Darren » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:42 pm

I've had mine since I was 14 and just became use to them...don't think about them that much...I was told it was a crystalization of the jelly in the eye...They are pretty harmless and you do get use to them after awhile...a friend of mine went to the doctor he thought he had spider webs stuck to his eye :shock: Turned out to be the same thing though.
Darren

TR
Sage Member

Postby TR » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:02 pm

I've always had clear ones, but I just recently developed a dark one in my left eye about 6 months ago. Went to LASIK MD to get it checked out and they said my eyes are perfect, nothing is wrong - get used to it.

Very annoying in bright light, can't ever see it in-doors. (unless I look for it)

KevinH
Grand Poobah

Postby KevinH » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:12 pm

yep I've got them too. About 6 years ago, got a rock in my eye - went blind for about a week, and have had them since. Then last year, got some metal flakes in the other eye, now I have them in that one too.... :x

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:23 pm

Huh, you learn something new every day, is that what they are called eh?

Suppose I have em too, more noticeable in the morning (when I first wake up), just in the right eye.
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Retail
Rookie Member

Postby Retail » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:28 pm

Most people have some floaters. A good way to test for them is to look straight up at the ceiling, near a light, and then dart your eyes left, pause, right, pause, left, pause... etc. You should see some shadowy string images moving across the ceiling.

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:59 pm

Yup I have it too. Rarely bugs me. It's really noticable when I'm sailing on a sunny day or when I'm in a bright white room. Other than that I never notice. Oh Hi by the way...

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:45 am

Bald Man wrote:I got hit in my left eye with a snow ball when I was about 14. Since then I have had a floater. Other than that no other problems.

i'm in the same boat. The snowball had a rock or a piece of ice in it and it blasted me right in the eyeball, scratched the %&#* out of my cornea. Ive got a scar across it, but like everyone else, I got used to it and only notice it when I think about it.

mike55

Postby mike55 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:27 pm

I've heard this can be some forms of bacteria (the good stuff, not bad stuff) that just builds up, rater than actual "things" in your eye. Anyone else heard of this?
LETS GO BUCS