Where fore art thou My Motivation???

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
th
Veteran Member

Re: Where fore art thou My Motivation???

Postby th » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:58 am

:wave:

CrispyBacon
Rookie Member

Postby CrispyBacon » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:50 pm

This is my issue...

Did police foundations when I was 19-21. Even passed my ATS and got my COR. Then, instead of applying, I decided to go to university.

So, I moved out from my parents, to an unfamiliar town, and put on about 75 lbs whilst earning my degree.

It's been a couple years since I graduated and I've had an incredibly hard time getting back in shape. I'm in dire need of motivation. Currently, I work in construction, which does help keep me moving, but I'm not actually "fit". My belly hangs out :(

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:57 pm

It's just math. Less crispy bacon = less CrispyBacon.
You're still very young, stop eating and drinking crap and add more activity. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you've been getting. And believe me, it's harder to lose that weight with every passing year.

If you actually put on 75 pounds over the typical 4 year university program then you were eating/drinking an extra 65,625 calories per year on top of whatever you'd been eating before to maintain your weight. That's 120 Big Macs per year. Or 438 bottles of beer.

One less walk-in pepperoni pizza slice (typical Pizza Pizza type of thing) and one less pop per week is equivalent to the calories to lose 11 pounds per year alone. And that's without adding any exercise. Go for a two mile walk every day, thats about 285 calories, or the equivalent of another 29 pounds lost per year.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:07 pm

opp2 wrote:Are you lost forever ??? O woe is me, and about to be fat and lazy lump is me :-)

How long has it been since your last workout, like, 2 days or something? :mrgreen:

Alberta Blue
Sage Member

Postby Alberta Blue » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:41 pm

th wrote:Image

They also masturbated 3 times today. Just sayin.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Alberta Blue wrote:
th wrote:Image

They also masturbated 3 times today. Just sayin.

Sometimes you just need a break from sodomy.
:wave:

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:19 pm

opp2 wrote:in all honesty, January 6th.

I worked out tonight though, row 10 mins, walk 20 mins, then 5 rounds of 10 each mountain climbers, lunges, squats.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

You've got me beat. Pretty good summer, minor health issue in the fall that broke the cycle, January came and I have been half-assing it, with the last week being terrible. Of course, there's very little likelihood that my work will bring me into contact with an amped up MMA wannabe flagged Mike Victor. So yeah, I got that going for me! :D

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:02 am

Yeah, that was terrible to hear. I remember many years ago going to one of those Stars on Ice type shows (for the life of me I can't remember why, or who I was with) and Toller was skating. He did a jump of some sort and came down on his butt, and these older women in front of me all jumped up with an anguished "Toller!" as if he'd split his noggin open like a ripe melon. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My dad died in his early 70's after 4 years of disability. I think more about wanting to be in shape to enjoy life now, because that "golden years" stuff is way too unpredictable.

Well, there's my motivation for today.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Opp2 - I hear what you're saying, but look at Greg Plitt....guy was in fantastic shape and got smoked by a train while doing a photo shoot. He was 37. When your number comes up, it comes up.

I also think genetics plays a huge part....some people are just more hardy than others.

Don't stress over it too much, stress makes it worse IMHO. Check out 12 Minute Athlete. It's a great app for busy people. I have it on my phone, so I can do workouts on the go.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:49 am

I've been fortunate with the motivation this year. I've been getting workouts in and following some healthier eating. Last night I went out to Wild Wing to treat myself after hockey and felt like shit. That's motivation to keep going too.

As far as apps.....My two greatest bits of motivation are still My Fitness Pal App and now that they have a spot that breaks down percentages of your daily nutrients it helps more. Another App that I've been using and just signed up for (It's $100 for a year) is Training Peaks. They also have a free version, but basically it lets you plan out your whole year for workouts. It then uploads the information from Wahoo Fitness with my heart rate monitor and imports the information from My Fitness Pal and lets you track how everything is going.

For fun I tracked calories for three hockey games that I officiated in the last few days. I was nervous having my phone in my back pocket for the Bluetooth but it didn't break lol.

Saturday - Junior A game linesman. 1hr55min total workout time and burned 1561 calories. Peak HR 176BPM. Average HR 145BPM.
Sunday - Junior C game linesman. 2hr03min total workout time and burned 1498 calories. Peak HR 176BPM. Average HR 136BPM.
Monday - Midget AAA game referee in a four official system. 1hr47min total workout time and burned 1274 calories. Peak HR 174BPM. Average HR 134BPM.

I was actually quite impressed to see those numbers as it doesn't feel like that much of a workout. But I've basically burned half a day's meals in one hockey setting.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Last night I went out to Wild Wing to treat myself after hockey and felt like shit.

Well that was your problem right there....terrible wings.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."