OPC in a month, good workout routine?

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
Aberdee
Rookie Member

OPC in a month, good workout routine?

Postby Aberdee » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Consider me average, not to fast, not to strong. I want to be better at both and I have 4 weeks to do it. Any good routines out there? To make it easy, I don't care if I go to the gym 7 days a week or go outside. I am out of ideas on what to do so I would like your input. I love dynamic, body weight / dumb bell, fast paced exercises that keep you working functional movements, whole body workout and cardio all at the same time, but I am open to anything.

I workout now, not a beginner, but I want to switch it up so that I can be more robust on the job and have a better "law enforcement" workout. Meaning perhaps some of you have better workouts that support the job then I can think of.

noob01
Rookie Member

Re: OPC in a month, good workout routine?

Postby noob01 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Try HIIT maybe? I personally find a treadmill very boring and would rather run outside. I like to hit the row myself. What if you superset your weight training? My other suggestion is to join Crossfit

Noob
KCCO

Aberdee
Rookie Member

Re: OPC in a month, good workout routine?

Postby Aberdee » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks both, great advice. In truth I under estimate my current fitness level in this thread but I also do not feel it is functional enough and not law enforcement focused. These suggestions get me on the right track. I have already acted on the cross fit style suggestions.