21 Day Fix

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
JaneneF
Rookie Member

21 Day Fix

Postby JaneneF » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 am

Hey, I'm starting beachbody's 21 day fix program (mostly to correct my terrible eating habits and learn portion control... I eat like a horse!)

I'm pretty excited although concerned it won't be enough food as I am in the lowest category in the program.

For those who don't know... It comes with coloured containers that represents a food group... Green = veggies, purple = fruit, red = protein, yellow = carbs, blue = fats (cheese, nuts, avocado etc) orange = seeds and salad dressings and teaspoon for cooking oils like olive or coconut.

Basically you fill your containers the allowable amount of times for your plan, in my case I get 3 greens, 2 purples, 4 reds, 2 yellows, 1 blue, 1 orange and 2 teaspoons.

Seems like a lot and you can do this without shelling out the dough as the green and purple containers = 1 cup, red = half cup, yellow = 1/3 cup, blue = 1/4 cup and the orange = 2 tbsp.

I think this will be an easy structured way to transition to a clean eating regimen as I tend to follow structured plans better than just winging it.

Plus it comes with workout DVDs that I will try as I already own p90x and insanity and have enjoyed those, and might incorporate them into the Fix workouts :)

gafaicheng
Rookie Member

Re: 21 Day Fix

Postby gafaicheng » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:51 am

Hey Cool!
My wife and I ordered a triple pack deal where we got 21 Day Fix pretty much for free (!!!) because we also ordered P90X 3 and Focus T25. ( I'm doing Insanity Max 30 right now and she's doing P90 X2).

Keep us updated , I am really curious about this program. I like that the workouts are 30 mins.

ODIN
Veteran Member

Postby ODIN » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:22 am

Im not trying to sound negative, but what happens after 21 days? does this program give you the knowledge to properly maintain a healthy eating regime afer the 21 days?
CTP-22

JaneneF
Rookie Member

Postby JaneneF » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:39 am

It is what you make of it. If after 21 days, you go back to eating horribly and not controlling your portions, obviously your results won't stay. I loosely follow the guidelines as I don't really believe in limiting super low calorie foods like vegetables to 3 cups/day.

ODIN
Veteran Member

Postby ODIN » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:32 am

I would really recommend learning to eat clean, you will feel better and have better results while maintaining a sustainable lifestyle.
CTP-22

Felica Serianni
Rookie Member

Postby Felica Serianni » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:37 am

I am thinking about ordering the program, but I don’t like fish or vegetables. Can I get by without eating any vegetables? I will eat lettuce and tomatoes, but that’s it.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Felica Serianni wrote:I am thinking about ordering the program, but I don’t like fish or vegetables. Can I get by without eating any vegetables? I will eat lettuce and tomatoes, but that’s it.

Are you QUITE sure that this is what you think about this program?

Now, children, gather around and listen carefully: NEVER come on here and pretend!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:50 pm

If there's one thing that these highly advertised fitness "fix" programs don't tell you, it's:
Being healthy is a lifestyle choice that takes years of commitment.
Eat right. Exercise right. Sleep right. Repeat for your whole life.
It takes hard work, strict self control, and strong motivation.

You shouldn't temporarily eat vegetables or do push-ups because some person on a DVD tells you to...
but because it's good for you and you want to live a healthy life! :)

Good luck!
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

gotchya

Postby gotchya » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 pm

ODIN wrote:Im not trying to sound negative, but what happens after 21 days? does this program give you the knowledge to properly maintain a healthy eating regime afer the 21 days?

From a psychological standpoint, I believe (but could be wrong) 21 days is the time it takes your body to learn a new task.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

ryan.p
Rookie Member

Postby ryan.p » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:40 am

ODIN wrote:Im not trying to sound negative, but what happens after 21 days? does this program give you the knowledge to properly maintain a healthy eating regime afer the 21 days?

Then they sell you the 49 day fix. Then the 62 day fix....
| Now on board with VanB's 5 step program |