Need a program to fit the equipment I have available

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
26point2
Rookie Member

Need a program to fit the equipment I have available

Postby 26point2 » Fri May 02, 2014 4:15 pm

So, haven't posted much in a while. Anyways, work has a bunch of Rogue gear like a monster rig, ghd, ohio barbells etc, bumper plates, kettlebells, rings, straps, skipping ropes, lots of mats, and medicene balls. However, not really a pull-up bar per se, and definitely no bench. Looking for program, any ideas? Judging by the dust on some of the stuff, I won't be able to justify buying more gear from Rogue.
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Re: Need a program to fit the equipment I have available

Postby mack_silent » Fri May 02, 2014 6:29 pm

It depends on your goals, but the big compound exercises would be good to work into any regime. (Deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press, squats, rows, etc.)

One piece of equipment (cheap yet very effective) is a heavy duty duffel filled with bags of sand. Bags of "play-sand" are about $5 for 40lbs.
I have a duffel that weighs 110lbs with a 25lbs removable weight for varying the intensity.
Since it's soft, you can shoulder lift it up stairs, dead lift it from ground, or do shoulder/chest distance carries.

This along with my 45lbs vest, 20lbs weight belt, 5lbs ankle weights and 52lbs bowflex select tech dumbells can make for good variety in workouts.
It's all about imagination.
I have created various circuit workouts that are based off of police, firefighter, military, and cross-fit routines.
They are high intensity workouts and include the various components of needed to pass testing requirements for tactical teams / fire rescue.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Black Pyjamas
Rookie Member

Postby Black Pyjamas » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Look into programs by Ross Enamait - particularly Infinite Intensity. Based on your available equipment it looks like it would be a perfect fit.
If you can, rotate infinite intensity with a basic progressive strength program like Starting Strength or Tactical Barbell. Very basic movements, squats, deadlifts, presses all that. However, if you don't have a bench - go with Tactical Barbell. It's got several exercise clusters, some of which don't require a bench or pull up bar.

Harbinger30
Rookie Member

Postby Harbinger30 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:26 am

Programs like P90X are designed to be used at home. They're great programs and you don't need a lot of equipment to do the workouts.

26point2
Rookie Member

Postby 26point2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Don't really like P90X, barbell stuff is my thing. The tactical barbell stuff worked because I could do a cluster without including bench press. Still trying to get the CO to buy a bench though. According to the QM I'm still the only one using the stuff. Such a shame. I'm not even there all the time!
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"