That darn dummy and its massive wrists!

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
JaneneF
Rookie Member

Re: That darn dummy and its massive wrists!

Postby JaneneF » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:55 pm

48highlander wrote:
SierraSeven wrote:
JaneneF wrote:Yeah I definitely want to getting some sled drag practice in. My workouts are pretty good (today's was run 1 mile, 100 pull ups (band assisted :( ), 150 push-ups (man push-ups) 200 squats and then another mile run. But I definitely want to do more things that mimic the pursuit circuit to shave some time off for the retest.

The Murph. Love that workout.

Last time I attempted it, was about 2 years ago, 99.9% prescribed (I didn't have ballistic plates for my body armour, I used regular weight plates instead), did it on the anniversary of his death and took me a friggen hour. To think he did it regularly in the sandbox, much faster.....he was definately an ultra rare breed of person.

I think mine took me about 40 minutes. I have really good muscular endurance but as I said my pull ups were band assisted because there is no way I can do 100 pull ups lol.

JaneneF
Rookie Member

Postby JaneneF » Sat May 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Just thought I'd let you know I absolutely nailed it on my practice prep today... Circuit done in 2 mins 30 secs and passed the shuttle no problem. I made it through until the dummy in 1:50 but still have a poor dummy drag at 40 seconds but as long as I fly through the rest like I did I will pass my retest on the 25th no problem!

Kudos to Halton... Their recruiter they sent was really encouraging and took a lot of the scary away from the application process. :)

dt13
Rookie Member

Postby dt13 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:10 pm

JaneneF wrote:Just thought I'd let you know I absolutely nailed it on my practice prep today... Circuit done in 2 mins 30 secs and passed the shuttle no problem. I made it through until the dummy in 1:50 but still have a poor dummy drag at 40 seconds but as long as I fly through the rest like I did I will pass my retest on the 25th no problem!

Kudos to Halton... Their recruiter they sent was really encouraging and took a lot of the scary away from the application process. :)

That's awesome! Good to see you're making progress. Keep it up :D

JaneneF
Rookie Member

Postby JaneneF » Sun May 25, 2014 11:58 am

Passed my prep today! BPad and stuff in two weeks and then the waiting begins, lol

ng67
Rookie Member

Postby ng67 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Congrats!
RCMP / E-Div
Constable

JaneneF
Rookie Member

Postby JaneneF » Sun May 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks! It was a huge thorn in my side but at least I know I can do it when and if I have to retake it! Just gotta keep working to make it a little easier next go :p

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Mon May 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Good work on the PREP!
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.