Smoothie Diet

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
ms76
Rookie Member

Re: Smoothie Diet

Postby ms76 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:19 am

Just because you weigh less does not necessarily mean you will move quicker. You are either fast/quick or not. Look at some of the NFL running backs. They are by no means light but can move!

I guess it depends what you are training for but I don't think 5 lbs is going to make a difference. Wait till you get all your gear on.

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:28 am

You can argue whether the five pounds makes a difference all you want. But it does in my case. Each person and body type is different. I don't feel as sluggish when I'm not carrying unnecessary weight, I have more energy and I move more quickly. Whether it's psychological or not, who cares?

I've found a cycle of smoothies one day and normal eating the next. It's supposed to keep your body guessing at the number of calories that will go in and heighten your metabolism. I was going to try it but Ive decided to stick to calorie counting and have a smoothie when I can't decide what else to eat. That's worked well for me over the past few days and I've dropped about a pound and a half. Combining the nutrition with harder workouts of course. Hopefully the weather turns nice again so I can get some biking in soon too.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

dt13
Rookie Member

Postby dt13 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:05 pm

I have a veggie & fruit smoothie once a day as a meal replacement

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:15 pm

I've done jogs / stair climbs / chin-up workouts with a weighted vest on. Even at lower weights, it can make quite the difference.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

go_leafs_go

Postby go_leafs_go » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:54 am

I basically cut out sugar from my diet and ate meat and above ground veggies only (no potatoes carrots etc), no fruit, grain products etc for 8 weeks and lost 35lbs. I've managed to keep it off for 6 months by following that diet 90% of the time.

First week I lost 11lbs... worth a try