TRX

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
basketcase
Poobah Overlord

TRX

Postby basketcase » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Anybody use it? Anybody have the home made version?
OFFICER OF THE LAW

48highlander
Rookie Member

Re: TRX

Postby 48highlander » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

basketcase wrote:Anybody use it? Anybody have the home made version?

A set of olympic rings is cheaper and more versitle

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Looking for something I can hook up to the power rack at home.

OFFICER OF THE LAW

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:39 am

basketcase wrote:Looking for something I can hook up to the power rack at home.

1) you suck......that is better than the racks here.
2) http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-wood-rings.php cheaper than TRX you can do all the same stuff, plus stuff you can't with a TRX like muscle ups. About the only advantage TRX has is the attachment points are preset. But if you spend a few minutes with a ruler and some white paint, you can mark the straps, or you can spend the same $ as you would for a TRX, and get the competition gymnastics straps, which have the preset loops.
Last edited by 48highlander on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Awesome. Thanks. I'm planning on getting into a high performance training program to get my sorry ass back into shape in the new year. It's covered under benefits as Athletic Therapy. Once I'm done with that and I have the foundation I can start doing the workouts at home again. I fell off the boat something fierce in the past couple months. Thankfully I didn't gain anything back.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

rntacp
Rookie Member

Postby rntacp » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:34 am

I picked up a TRX at a steal of a deal on kijiji for $40. But I'll agree with the rings being a good call. However, I do like my TRX as it is a bit different than conventional rings. Rings are only better if you can mount them freestanding from the ceiling IMO.

I have that exact same cage, it's decent for the price. I made some straight pipes to go through the holes in the back to store my plates on. Serves as storage and weighs the rack down. You'll find with a TRX or rings you'll pull the rack over on top of you doings rows etc.

Hopefully you're not tall either. I ended up making my own pull up attachment to mount where the originals do. If I hung from the pull up attachments my knees would touch the ground. My own attachment ended up being better for TRX mounting anyway. You have to wrap it around the cage a few times to get the height you need and that's not optimal for the TRX. You want to wrap it around once if possible.

xmber
Veteran Member

Postby xmber » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:45 am

Yep - sure do! I've had one of these for about 10yrs now and take it with me everywhere. I used to travel a ton for work before I became a desk jockey and my TRX was always packed in my bag. I have the door attachments or I'd hang it off something in the hotel gym and still get a great workout.

I highly recommend it.