Bring sally up challenge

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
subtech
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:27 pm
Contact:

Bring sally up challenge

Postby subtech » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:17 am

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you would be interested in a fun friendly competition.
It's called the bring sally up challenge.
We do this once in a while at my gym and it's lots of fun.

Basically we do any type of exercise (for example squats) following the bring sally up song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI_alc57XGU


So when she says ''bring sally down'' you go down and hold until you hear ''bring sally up'' and then you repeat. During the chorus you hold down.

At the gym we normally do them as finishers. For the purpose of the friendly comp I suggest we do it when we are full of energy and with weights of at least 70% one RM.

Here are a few examples of guys at my gym doing some different variations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oiorLilr-k

The 1st of each month I could post which specific exercise we would do. We would have until the 1st of the following month to post our results. We could use the first link that I posted above as reference for time.

for example I would post:
I was able to reach 2:16 on the squat challenge using 75% max RM or (225lbs)

Again this is a friendly challenge so their is no winners. The only person you have to beat during the month is yourself :D

anyone interested ?

User avatar
26point2
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: The Shwa
Contact:

Re: Bring sally up challenge

Postby 26point2 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:54 am

I'm not sure what's worse: actually doing any of those variations, or having that ridiculous song ringing in my head like it is right now.
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"

GoodWitness
Rookie Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 am
Contact:

Re: Bring sally up challenge

Postby GoodWitness » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:46 pm

26point2 wrote:I'm not sure what's worse: actually doing any of those variations, or having that ridiculous song ringing in my head like it is right now.

The song. The song is worse.

User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: Bring sally up challenge

Postby Shawshank » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 pm

I've done paused squats, holding at the bottom for a count of three. Didn't walk right for days. Screw this noise.
K division.

User avatar
SHE-RA
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Etheria
Contact:

Re: Bring sally up challenge

Postby SHE-RA » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Shawshank wrote:...Didn't walk right for days. Screw this noise.


Awesome! Sounds like you're doing something right.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE the feeling of being sore after a workout. Nothing feels as satisfying as sore muscles.

User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: Bring sally up challenge

Postby Shawshank » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 am

SHE-RA wrote:
Shawshank wrote:...Didn't walk right for days. Screw this noise.


Awesome! Sounds like you're doing something right.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE the feeling of being sore after a workout. Nothing feels as satisfying as sore muscles.


I dropped my keys the next day while getting ready for work. There was only one option - call in sick and go back to bed. Lol.
K division.

User avatar
SHE-RA
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Etheria
Contact:

Re: Bring sally up challenge

Postby SHE-RA » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Shawshank wrote:I dropped my keys the next day while getting ready for work. There was only one option - call in sick and go back to bed. Lol.



Lol. Or you could have gone in. It would of been an interesting day for you if you did. :P

User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: Bring sally up challenge

Postby Shawshank » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:37 pm

SHE-RA wrote:
Shawshank wrote:I dropped my keys the next day while getting ready for work. There was only one option - call in sick and go back to bed. Lol.



Lol. Or you could have gone in. It would of been an interesting day for you if you did. :P


I made the mature decision, I went in. Was fine til some co-workers realized why I was walking so funny. Then the pokes of "Does this hurt, does this hurt?" started.
K division.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests