Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:24 pm

Listen, you can't flex cardio!

It's not the car you drive, but the size of the arm you hang out the window.

Amen!

CO

Rye
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Rye » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:47 pm

edit
Last edited by Rye on Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:45 pm

CO, do you find that you have enough time to get a good workout in each day after class?

Each night for me is usually around 45 minutes of lifting, a half hour of cardio and two hours of badminton. Yeah, I have time! :)

CO

rho2

Postby rho2 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:04 pm

:oops: I only for 72% on the PIN.

I've faith that I can pass the PIN before OPC :o
Deeds Speak

RJB
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby RJB » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:20 pm

RyanV wrote:I'll run behind the 6'10 guy so he can break the wind

I don't think I'd want to run behind a big guy who is breaking wind. :P
Last edited by RJB on Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Howard
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Howard » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:41 pm

"Breaking wind" or "breaking the wind" (as in drafting)?
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. (Thomas Jefferson)

Rye
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Rye » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:17 pm

I was talking about drafting, but since I lead the pack for almost half of the 1.5 miles there wasn't a whole lot of drafting to do...

RHO you ready for Tuesday. We're starting to run the big k's...
Never, Never, Never Quit

and

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential

- Winston Churchill

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:38 pm

I honestly don't know what my 1.5 mile time is. I have a 5 km run mapped out in my area that I do, but haven't broken that down further to know where I stand. All I know, is that my goal is to run 5 km in 21 minutes, and 10 km in 42 minutes.

rho2

Postby rho2 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:20 pm

RyanV you are now my target for the run. I'm going to do my best to keep up with you. :smirk: Hope that will push me do better on the next P.I.N.

I'm going to do my last minute shopping today to try a new pair of runners. I think it's my old runner that caused my all the shin splint...
Deeds Speak

Rye
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Rye » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:30 pm

edit
Last edited by Rye on Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boydfish

Postby Boydfish » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:16 pm

Did a 10:35 today, then carried on to nail 3 miles in 24:00. I've already passed the VPD POPAT/Run test, but I don't wanna be the guy who gets to the JIBC with a Krispy Kreme stained track suit on day one. I also like running and want to improve on my time in last year's 10k Sun Run.

Just out of curiosity, what is this "PIN" test that is being spoken of so reverently? It appears that the testing format is a bit different out here, in that the POPAT/Run test is absolute: Hit under 12:00 in the run and then under 4:15 in the POPAT or "thanks for coming out...". I suspect that they might toss you back into be tested right before the official offer to hire, just to make sure you don't squeek past, then fall into the dreaded donut box.

As well, I've got to point out that VPD has the best run test location: You dash around the Brockton Track, then scream down the hill to the Seawall, go maching past the Bannister Statue, around the Lighthouse and then the last big curve along the Seawall to the finish line. Granted, the route must suck during the winter, what with Pacific Ocean waves and gale force winds pounding you, but I ran it on an early summer morning so...

Rhetorical
Veteran Member

Postby Rhetorical » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:35 am

Boydfish wrote:As well, I've got to point out that VPD has the best run test location: You dash around the Brockton Track, then scream down the hill to the Seawall, go maching past the Bannister Statue, around the Lighthouse and then the last big curve along the Seawall to the finish line. Granted, the route must suck during the winter, what with Pacific Ocean waves and gale force winds pounding you, but I ran it on an early summer morning so...

Hehe, I run it in early Spring and man it was a lot of fun!!! It was even funnier when an old guy run pass me without losing a breath... :oops:
Can't beat those runner who run every single morning! :nono:

Boydfish

Postby Boydfish » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:19 am

Can't beat those runner who run every single morning!

Hey, I had one guy on my test run do it in around 7:40. Damn!

Cop2B
Veteran Member

Postby Cop2B » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:26 am

LOL... Yeah, I did my PIN test with an Aux. Buddy of mine, he is 10 years younger, and he ran it in 2 minutes left. He left me in the dust from the start. I had a good laugh about it, after I caught my breath that is...
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle

DaveTO
Rookie Member

Postby DaveTO » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:37 pm

The PIN testing is the Ontario Police Fitness Pin, an optional test for officers to strive to achieve a high level of personal fitness. Some services require you to pass the test in order to be out on the road....