Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
User avatar
Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 am
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Kopparoo2b » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Canadian Blue wrote:8:54


:dubious:

:shock:
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

User avatar
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 3772
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Redacted
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Canadian Blue wrote:8:54


:bow:

stromey
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby stromey » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:00 pm

a buddy of mine who came on with me did 8:32..... who knew professional hockey players were in such good shape lol
Leader of the Polyester Mafia.....

If this was the special olympics, you'd be the torch bearer.....

User avatar
Shawnatfd127
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Simcoe County
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Shawnatfd127 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi There, I am not LEO and work in an office setting with little to no physical activity in my job. I recently started (a Month ago) to run on a regular basis. I am doing the 1.5 mile on average in the low 12 min mark. I did 11:55 today. I am over 40 and play alot of sports but was never really a runner so I was wondering if this is a fair time or not. I do see alot of variation on times but not really sure if this is a good starting point or not. I am almost OPP Aux so I am trying to get my self in the right shape to be able to perform my duties and tunning was an area I was lacking in.
"Innovation creates opportunity, Quality creates demand but it takes Team Work to make it happen"

User avatar
26point2
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: The Shwa
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby 26point2 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Shawn, have you had a look at the OFPA "pin test"? That time would score you 45 points out of a possible 50.
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"

User avatar
Shawnatfd127
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Simcoe County
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Shawnatfd127 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 am

I have looked at the pin and would like to get to 50 points but wasn't sure if 45 for just starting out at running was good or if I have very far behind.
"Innovation creates opportunity, Quality creates demand but it takes Team Work to make it happen"

User avatar
26point2
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: The Shwa
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby 26point2 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:28 am

Since you're only a month into it, I'd say that's pretty good. You'll get to that 50/50 soon enough!
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"

User avatar
Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 am
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Kopparoo2b » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Shawnatfd127 wrote:Hi There, I am not LEO and work in an office setting with little to no physical activity in my job. I recently started (a Month ago) to run on a regular basis. I am doing the 1.5 mile on average in the low 12 min mark. I did 11:55 today. I am over 40 and play alot of sports but was never really a runner so I was wondering if this is a fair time or not. I do see alot of variation on times but not really sure if this is a good starting point or not. I am almost OPP Aux so I am trying to get my self in the right shape to be able to perform my duties and tunning was an area I was lacking in.


That's a great time! You'll be more than fine for the run at training!
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

User avatar
Shawnatfd127
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Simcoe County
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Shawnatfd127 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Kopparoo2b wrote:
Shawnatfd127 wrote:Hi There, I am not LEO and work in an office setting with little to no physical activity in my job. I recently started (a Month ago) to run on a regular basis. I am doing the 1.5 mile on average in the low 12 min mark. I did 11:55 today. I am over 40 and play alot of sports but was never really a runner so I was wondering if this is a fair time or not. I do see alot of variation on times but not really sure if this is a good starting point or not. I am almost OPP Aux so I am trying to get my self in the right shape to be able to perform my duties and tunning was an area I was lacking in.


That's a great time! You'll be more than fine for the run at training!



PB today 11:32. Not getting easire but getting faster! So is there only 1 run at Aux training when you say "the run"??

S
"Innovation creates opportunity, Quality creates demand but it takes Team Work to make it happen"

User avatar
Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 am
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Kopparoo2b » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:15 am

There is one test, but you run every day.
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

User avatar
Longarm9
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Longarm9 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Back when I was parading with the army reserve, 7m 45s.

I have long legs...

Donno if I could possibly pull that off again though. Not a lot of running in my job right now. heh.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

User avatar
John014
Seasoned Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby John014 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:54 pm

First time I tried it ever was today with a time of 10 mins 13secs looks like I need to start practicing this run now.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

User avatar
Shawnatfd127
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Simcoe County
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Shawnatfd127 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

If anyone can spare some advice I would appreciate it. I have been running for cloes to 2 months now and doanywhere from 1-3 kms everyother day. I have been getting better times each time except this morning. I did 2.5 km and had to walk for about 30 seconds in the middle was just feeling out of gas then I picked back up and finished in just over 12 mis. 2 factors that may be the reason 1.) brand new shoes. 2.) I had just come home from the fire hall and I was fresh of a MVC call which was called out at 4:30amand I stayed up did 65 push ups and 25 sit ups before the run. I suspect that my having to walk for the first time is because of my point #2 However my real question is can new runnin shoes have a large impact?

Thanks

Shawn
"Innovation creates opportunity, Quality creates demand but it takes Team Work to make it happen"

User avatar
26point2
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: The Shwa
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby 26point2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Shawn, I know a good pair of shoes feels better when they're worked in, but I can't see them slowing down. A few blisters maybe. But as far as your runs, it looks like you're only working on one gear. Fit some workouts of slower, longer runs in with faster, shorter runs to mix it up a bit. Maybe start with some easy 5K runs, and some all out 400m sprints on other days. You'll earn some endurance, and teach your legs the turnover to get faster. Another challenge, is to see how you do the 2.4 on a hilly route a few times, then time yourself on a flat route. Hope that helps.
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"

User avatar
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 3772
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Redacted
Contact:

Re: Your Best time in 1.5 miles run?

Postby Punisher-One » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Longarm9 wrote:Back when I was parading with the army reserve, 7m 45s.

I have long legs...

Donno if I could possibly pull that off again though. Not a lot of running in my job right now. heh.


Are you kidding me!? 1.5miles in 7:45!? That is insane. That's a 5 minute mile....daaaaamn!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest