muscle building question

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Re: muscle building question

Postby CourtOfficer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Don't overcomplicate things, original poster. If you want to put on muscle, eat a lot, lift a lot, rest a lot. Be consistent.

CO

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:21 am

Umm...yah that too....what he said..... :mrgreen:
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 am

For "muscle building" that's going to last, however, I'm a little concerned with your statement that you don't like exercising. When you stop lifting, your muscles atrophy. So this is something you're going to need to do nearly every day for the rest of your life. It is my experience that the only people that last in bodybuilding are people who don't just enjoy the destination but enjoy the journey as well.

CO

RookieToBe
Rookie Member

Postby RookieToBe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 am

CourtOfficer wrote:For "muscle building" that's going to last, however, I'm a little concerned with your statement that you don't like exercising. When you stop lifting, your muscles atrophy. So this is something you're going to need to do nearly every day for the rest of your life. It is my experience that the only people that last in bodybuilding are people who don't just enjoy the destination but enjoy the journey as well.
CO

Deep...deep :thumbsup:
Giggity giggity goo!

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:07 am

I enjoy the journey right up until the day after "Leg day". arghhhhhhh
Smurf shirted Constable Side-kick.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

cgy1
Rookie Member

Postby cgy1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:50 pm

Kopparoo2b wrote:
.....the trainer was a one time trial deal, mainly because she is smokin hot, and i like free stuff

Ahaha....typical :lol: :lol:

But as long as she kicked your #$#@!! with the workout then.....its all good..

oh yes, very much!

inlimbo wrote:I enjoy the journey right up until the day after "Leg day". arghhhhhhh

i hear that, the workout was tuesday, i'm still sore! (granted i could run or do anything i need to now) stairs are still a little bit of a pain... but i'm not limping up the stairs anymore, and was actually able to crawl on the ground, under my truck today!

clachambre
Rookie Member

Postby clachambre » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 am

It's weird how the leg workout takes longer for doms to set in.
The worst is getting out of your car or going down the stairs. :wounded:

I would definately try doing intervals. My situation sounds just like yours. I was all muscle except an inch or two of fat around the belly. I start my workouts with 30 minutes of intervals on the treadmill. One minute of running, one minute of brisk walking. You'll find that even 10 minutes of intervals will likely cause you to sweat more than a 30 minute jog. After 3 months I've cut 20 pounds of fat.

The bonus for intervals is that doing they burn fat faster (than jogging), they're less intimidating (because you get a rest every minute), and they have benefits more useful for a policing type career (developing your anaerobic cardio...meaning explosive, high intensity, non-endurance cardio... which is important for law enforcement, because most of our fitness gets tested in 30 seconds or less, in the form of a short foot chase or resisting suspect).

zimmer
Rookie Member

Postby zimmer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:24 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:Don't overcomplicate things, original poster. If you want to put on muscle, eat a lot, lift a lot, rest a lot. Be consistent.

CO

Keep it simple ------ (KISS formula) a person has to stick with it, be 100% dedicated. It's a win/win deal. Listen to your body, if it aches, rest that area, if you're hungry,eat, but eat the right food(s).

If a person wants to make it work, it's totally up to them! I work out with some guys who are always talking about what they're going to do, i.e, quit drinking (they still drink too much), only order out for food once a week (may eat right once a week). Great guys, but they're on a different page. Their slacking brings MY routine to a higher level. Must be that +/- thing :D
On the Civilian side of the yellow tape......for now!

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:39 pm

All of the latest science seems to suggest the only way to put on significant muscle mass is to drink your Weider weight gainers and protein powders.

Apparently that's all it took for Arnold and Franco...
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?