Melatonin

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Re: Melatonin

Postby Kopparoo2b » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 am

Ahahahah.....yah I bet that helped too.

I actually just checked and he just said she started taking Melatonin. Most times I start taking some kind of supplement, I get funky dreams. I hate it. I just want to sleep and wake up. Maybe its just a symptom of getting old. er. :?

They say excercise helps with sleep patterns. I'm thinking thats not always true either because, I just don't think I could work out any more. Cutting down coffee on my end doesn't mean much because I don't drink much anyways.

So.....for me.....I think its a symptom of............getting old. er. :((
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:10 pm

I would pop one capsule 3mg on the way home from work from nights.

Its not a sleeping pill. Its supposed to assist you maintain a sleep. I find it does help, but I do nights once every five weeks. So its not sometinmg I take often.

There were times when I would take two pills, however I would haev a real bad headache when I woke up.

I have been told though, take Gravol to assist with sleep instead.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Jim Street
Poobah Overlord

Postby Jim Street » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 pm

melatonin is just the hormone that your body releases as ou sleep, it's disrupted by exposure to light.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

TMLF
Veteran Member

Postby TMLF » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:22 pm

How right you are!

In my experience, it helped to get sleepy and get into initial sleep, but similar to pharmaceuticals, when I came to I never really felt truly rested.

Having said that, the after effects of Melatonin were nowhere near as drastic as a chemically engineered sleep aid, in my humble opinion...

Perhaps the "purest natural" products that one of the above posters mentioned would be worth a try!

Or perhaps the rum and coke (or whatever your preference is) like another poster mentioned.

Hopefully you'll find something sooner than later that will work for you.
-T

[Insert witty signature quote here...]

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Im not a drinker. Im almost an abstainer I drink so infrequently. I couldn't picture having a wobbly pop before sleeping on nights.

To each his own I guess.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Jim Street
Poobah Overlord

Postby Jim Street » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Not to sound like I'm preaching but sleep induced by alcohol is not real sleep because it ruins your REM anyway. I'm the same way, I can't even fathom drinking after night shift.

Take melatonin, wear earplugs, black out your windows, wear a mask if you have to.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Q-Tip

Postby Q-Tip » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Could always go the extreme route and get a noise deprivation/flotation tank!
Devil hands have been busy...

mcdonaja
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby mcdonaja » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:46 pm

LOL....yeah 4 kids later you don't have to tell me twice to "leave her alone".....she got the melatonin (all natural pure stuff) and started off with the lowest dose possible working up to the highest recommended dose 2mg or something like that.

Anyway it took her somewhere around 5 weeks to gradually work up to it and man she sleeps like a baby...even through my snoring (which is a first) If she does happen to wake up for some reason through the night she has NO problem getting back to sleep. 100% improvement.
"Cops solve problems. Don't be a problem and you won't get solved."
Freedom Friday - Jan 06 2012 - 32 years 1 month

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Good to hear. I'll give it a good long try. Anything's better than my meth head sleeping patterns. (Up for 4 or 5 days, crash for 1).

CO

dwest
Rookie Member

Postby dwest » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:28 pm

If you need a good source I got a steady supply! lol lemme know! :thumbsup:
A lot can be said about how a person deals with an offence. Kicking a person when they are down doesn't make you look any better!

Bettis

Postby Bettis » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:28 pm

I've been using melatonin on and off now for a few years. Currently taking 5mg after evenings and nights.

TPS
Rookie Member

Postby TPS » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:08 pm

A.T.R. wrote:Im not a drinker. Im almost an abstainer I drink so infrequently. I couldn't picture having a wobbly pop before sleeping on nights.

To each his own I guess.

your no fun, i don't like you anymore lol
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell
Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero

TPS
Rookie Member

Postby TPS » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Don't rely on melatonin alone, and don't take it everyday either. It's a hormone produced by your body and if you constantly take the pills , your body will naturally stop producing it, which in turn will have the opposite effect. Especially when your on days!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell
Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero

SHAMROCK
Veteran Member

Postby SHAMROCK » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:10 am

A.T.R. wrote:I have been told though, take Gravol to assist with sleep instead.

I have used Gravol before to help with sleep and it works. I would suggest using half a pill.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am

Sleepless night last night. I'm gonna keep taking it to see if perhaps it needs time to build up in my temple.

CO