Melatonin

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: Melatonin

Postby devilwoman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Not much of a party animal anymore.

The world weeps! LOLOL

As well as the liquor makers! :smirk:

live a life of virtue and clean living, so I sleep well.

Uh huh.....
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

vpd
Rookie Member

Postby vpd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:07 pm

VanSmack wrote:I used it a few times when I was up north and a couple of times since I've been back and was trying to get back into a decent sleep routine after a few crazy shifts. To be honest I'm not that much of a fan, sure it knocked me out and all, but the quality of sleep was shit and I usually felt like hell the entire next day.

Completely agree with this comment!!!!!

TwE@k
Seasoned Member

Postby TwE@k » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:56 pm

I hate to drag up an old thread but I am doing it anyway. I have been taking Melatonin at the recommendation of Force Recon. Here is what I have noticed thus far (week in) I fall asleep fast and I feel that I am in a pretty deep sleep because time seems to fly by. That said I am still only out for 3-5 hours then I am right back upfor a bit then back out . This is a step up formt the 2-3 hours of straight sleep i was getting before. Anyone else have this??
WADDAYA MEAN I CAN'T TAKE OFF MY SWEADDER??? I'M HAWT!!!! - Drunken Mr.Rogers

HTP
Rookie Member

Postby HTP » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:43 pm

i have the same kinda thing happen to me. But it must be working. It seems like i only get a few hours of sleep, but i must be getting more because i'm not as tired during the day the way i used to be. I started a new supplement called sleep works, it seems to working good.
POLICE OFFICERS: Because firefighters need heros

TwE@k
Seasoned Member

Postby TwE@k » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:44 pm

I am banking on this working a bit better once I have it in my system. My sleep pattern is F'd off to hell this month. I am up at some crazy hours for no reason.
WADDAYA MEAN I CAN'T TAKE OFF MY SWEADDER??? I'M HAWT!!!! - Drunken Mr.Rogers

pinepig
Rookie Member

Postby pinepig » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Also tried melatonin, one pill knocks me out fast, but still wake up an hour shy of when I wish. Like others have said, usually feel like shit the rest of the day, ie pretty spacey. May be an age related factor, I'm 52 but very fit. Found its more benign than prescription sleeping pills that I've taken over the years on trips to Europe. May try other brands to try and find more "natural" melatonin. So far sticking to using it when I need to. Bit dubious of long term use, so being very careful.
celer et audax

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:51 pm

I picked up melatonin tea in the states made by Herbal Authority, worked good for me. I think walmart carried it, not sure if you can find it in Canada.

stevemcmav
Rookie Member

Postby stevemcmav » Sat May 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Melatonin is great. As far as I know it's a natural sleep hormone that's emitted near sleep, so taking extra can speed the process and induce a deeper sleep. Don't use the weak ones though, the 3 and 5mg tabs are useless for anyone over 160 ish lbs, get the 10 mg ones!! Taking it for too long (over 2 weeks) can make it difficult to sleep without it, but nothing a couple nights won't reset, although restless ones. This is all an opinion from someone who isn't very educated on the subject though; anhyhow, I love melatonin.
Online app- 2017/01
SP submitted- 2017/02
RMAQ interview- 2017/07
PEP- 2017/10
PEP follow-up- 2017/11
Med - 2018/01
BGI- 2018/01
Psych- 2018/01
FSR- 2018/01
Psych interview- 2018/02
FSR Rec- 2018/03
SC Rec- 2018/04