E Div Challenge

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
nubbsy
Rookie Member
Location: Obstacles are the things you see when you lose sight of the goal.

E Div Challenge

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Okay here it is this will be the place where we go and and challenge each other and each group, we will start the individual challenge on January 31st and the group challenge Febuary 7th. This is open to all applicants and LEO's in E division I think we have enough applicants to start groups in the LML, Van Island, and Kelowna any LEO's interested out there let me know.

As a group we will meet each other once a week for a run, jog, exercise in an outside environment rain or shine, as an individual you need to set a target weight and date, how many push ups/sit ups/chin ups you want to achieve by the end of each month as well as running distance/ time.
If thier are any LEO's out there that could provide something else applicants should work on let me know.
It's not why we fall that defines us, it's what we do when we get back up.
Career Presentation. 14-07-07
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
RMAQ Phone interview. 14-10-09 passed
File at panel review.passed
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

TPS
Rookie Member

Re: E Div Challenge

Postby TPS » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 pm

nubbsy wrote:Okay here it is this will be the place where we go and and challenge each other and each group, we will start the individual challenge on January 31st and the group challenge Febuary 7th. This is open to all applicants and LEO's in E division I think we have enough applicants to start groups in the LML, Van Island, and Kelowna any LEO's interested out there let me know.

As a group we will meet each other once a week for a run, jog, exercise in an outside environment rain or shine, as an individual you need to set a target weight and date, how many push ups/sit ups/chin ups you want to achieve by the end of each month as well as running distance/ time.
If thier are any LEO's out there that could provide something else applicants should work on let me know.

haha nice sig quote
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell
Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero

nubbsy
Rookie Member

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:40 pm

TPS wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Okay here it is this will be the place where we go and and challenge each other and each group, we will start the individual challenge on January 31st and the group challenge Febuary 7th. This is open to all applicants and LEO's in E division I think we have enough applicants to start groups in the LML, Van Island, and Kelowna any LEO's interested out there let me know.

haha nice sig quote

A retired RC told me that and its stuck since.
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

dwest
Rookie Member

Postby dwest » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Yeah... um thats a little too far for me to travel! lol I agreeto be posted anywhere in Canada but not excercise anywhere in Canada! but I do wish you all the best! I will be running up a storm over here :wave:
A lot can be said about how a person deals with an offence. Kicking a person when they are down doesn't make you look any better!

nubbsy
Rookie Member

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:59 am

Mabye you could start a F div challenge and the different divisions could compete against each other.
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

dwest
Rookie Member

Postby dwest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:46 pm

I doubt it... I havent even met any applicants from "F" yet! but thats ok! have fun with it anyway!
A lot can be said about how a person deals with an offence. Kicking a person when they are down doesn't make you look any better!

nubbsy
Rookie Member

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:43 pm

We are gonna have an individual challenge starting on Jan 31.
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

MatthewMeredith
Rookie Member

Postby MatthewMeredith » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm in!

Vancouver island folks, join me! Matt, I know you're out there... Not sure who else is though.
Presentation: March 14th
RPAB: April 17th
Results: April 30th (RPAT: 4.10 SFPQ: 73 Total: 323)
Selection Package received: June 1st
Selection Package sent:

remote
Rookie Member

Postby remote » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:10 pm

:D

nubbsy
Rookie Member

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Ok for the individual challenge I am thinking
50 push-ups=1pt an additional .5pts will be given for every 25 push-ups beyond 50.
50 sit-ups=1pt an additional .5pts will be given for every 25 sit-ups beyond 50
20 chin-ups=1pt an additional .5pts will be given for every 10 chin-ups beyond 20
2.5k run=1pt
5k run=2pts
10k run=4pts
For the group challenge you have to meet as a group once a week a group will be 2 or more people.
your group will earn 1pt for every 30 minutes of work out, the workout is to the discretion of the team but it must be a physical workout.
In addition to the group challenge your team may also earn 1pt for every hour of mental workout ie. flashcards of ranks,insignia, 10 codes,phenetic alphabet, and or history.
Individuals and a designated person from each group will report thier workouts here I will update them every week, its gonna work off of an honour system we will all have to be accountable to each other. The Individual challenge will start Febuary 1,2010 with the group challenge starting Febuary 7,2010, this should give everyone sufficient time to get ready.
Last edited by nubbsy on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

MatthewMeredith
Rookie Member

Postby MatthewMeredith » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:32 am

nubbsy wrote:Ok for the individual challenge I am thinking
50 push-ups=1pt an additional .5pts will be given for every 25 push-ups beyond 50.
20 chin-ups=1pt an additional .5pts will be given for every 10 chin-ups beyond 20
2k run=1pt
5k run=2pts
10k run=3pts
For the group challenge you have to meet as a group once a week a group will be 2 or more people.
your group will earn 1pt for every 30 minutes of work out, the workout is to the discretion of the team but it must be a physical workout.
In addition to the group challenge your team may also earn 1pt for every hour of mental workout ie. flashcards of ranks,insignia, 10 codes,phenetic alphabet, and or history.
Individuals and a designated person from each group will report thier workouts here I will update them every week, its gonna work off of an honour system we will all have to be accountable to each other. The Individual challenge will start Febuary 1,2010 with the group challenge starting Febuary 7,2010, this should give everyone sufficient time to get ready.

I'm a bit confused with the individual point system... If we do 50 push-ups, we get 1point? And then if we do 75 push-ups we get 1.5 points total? Also, do these have to be consecutive? I don't know a lot of people who can do more than 20 consecutive chin-ups... Or are we allowed kipping? ;)

The run sounds about right for points... Should we have a time limit, or just say distance without stopping/walking? I personally would prefer the latter, as I find speed isn't as important as stamina and determination.

We could even use that point system and have the time limit a 24 hour period... See how many points you can get in that one day... Could be fun :)
Selection Package sent:

nubbsy
Rookie Member

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:52 pm

MatthewMeredith wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Ok for the individual challenge I am thinking
2k run=1pt
5k run=2pts
10k run=3pts

I'm a bit confused with the individual point system... If we do 50 push-ups, we get 1point? And then if we do 75 push-ups we get 1.5 points total? Also, do these have to be consecutive? I don't know a lot of people who can do more than 20 consecutive chin-ups... Or are we allowed kipping? ;)

The run sounds about right for points... Should we have a time limit, or just say distance without stopping/walking? I personally would prefer the latter, as I find speed isn't as important as stamina and determination.

We could even use that point system and have the time limit a 24 hour period... See how many points you can get in that one day... Could be fun :)

Ok so yes if you do 75 push-ups you will get 1.5pts they are not consecutive but I think we can all agree that the we need to do sets of 10, for the chin-ups sets of 5 would be good but like I said they don't have to be consecutive just done in a 24 hour period.
The run I think should be on a time limit set by depot.Here is the depot benchmarks so it will give you an idea of what you will have to achieve:
Test Male Benchmark Female Benchmark
2.5 km (1.5 mile) run 10:45 12:00
5.1 km (3.0 mile) run 22:00 24:00
Push-ups 22 10
Pull-ups 6 3
Bench Press 100% Body Weight 75% Body Weight
So I think we should base our challenge off of this, but points aren't awarded for time they are awarded for distance running not walking.
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

MatthewMeredith
Rookie Member

Postby MatthewMeredith » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 am

nubbsy wrote:Ok so yes if you do 75 push-ups you will get 1.5pts they are not consecutive but I think we can all agree that the we need to do sets of 10, for the chin-ups sets of 5 would be good but like I said they don't have to be consecutive just done in a 24 hour period.
The run I think should be on a time limit set by depot.Here is the depot benchmarks so it will give you an idea of what you will have to achieve:
Test Male Benchmark Female Benchmark
2.5 km (1.5 mile) run 10:45 12:00
5.1 km (3.0 mile) run 22:00 24:00
Push-ups 22 10
Pull-ups 6 3
Bench Press 100% Body Weight 75% Body Weight
So I think we should base our challenge off of this, but points aren't awarded for time they are awarded for distance running not walking.

Sounds great, Nubbsy!

Alright, February first I'm going to drill the crap out of myself. I just finished fully recovering from a dislocated shoulder and a pulled intercostal, so I'm rearing to go! Let's see some big points out there folks!

PS, I'm really not that accident prone... Just had a clumsy couple weeks :P
Selection Package sent:

nubbsy
Rookie Member

Postby nubbsy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 am

The individual challenge has officially started remember to post you workouts here so I can keep score.
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

MatthewMeredith
Rookie Member

Postby MatthewMeredith » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Totals for the day:

125 pushups (2.5 points)
125 situps (2.5 points)
50 chinups (2.5 points)
Ran 7.5km (3 points)

Total: 10.5 points
Last edited by MatthewMeredith on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selection Package sent: