P90X

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Re: P90X

Postby CourtOfficer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 pm

brucecountyfive0 wrote:
CourtOfficer wrote:Very disappointed in you, Brucecounty... You think you know someone.

CO

I didn't say I copied someone else's....just a suggestion. I hold members fitness above all copyright laws. :D

Save it for the Judge, Sir Cheats-a-lot... :P

CO

Bogomil
Grand Poobah

Postby Bogomil » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:37 am

CourtOfficer wrote:
brucecountyfive0 wrote:
CourtOfficer wrote:Very disappointed in you, Brucecounty... You think you know someone.

CO

I didn't say I copied someone else's....just a suggestion. I hold members fitness above all copyright laws. :D

Save it for the Judge, Sir Cheats-a-lot... :P

CO

In light of your comments I won't be sending you that mixed tape I made. In case you are wondering 80's slow Jams. :D
What do I know of man's destiny? I could tell you more about radishes.

tpspastin#9
Rookie Member

Postby tpspastin#9 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 am

brucecountyfive0 wrote:In light of your comments I won't be sending you that mixed tape I made. In case you are wondering 80's slow Jams. :D

Oh oh looks like a domestic. :shame:

peregrin8
Rookie Member

Postby peregrin8 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:00 pm

Almost done week 2 of P90X.

It's been pretty intense so far. I could see how after 90 days the program would get somewhat redundant, though.
If you're looking to get bulky, this is not the program for you. I chose it to lean down a bit and add some muscle definition as I am already pretty muscular. So far I've actually gained a little bit of weight, but I've noticed my waist has slimmed a tad. I'm almost at 200 lbs. The Plyometric and Leg workouts are intense, and this is coming from a guy with pretty strong legs.

chich
Rookie Member

Postby chich » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:42 pm

I've found that it's easier to have a check list of what they do in each work out and do it myself, so I can listen to my own music and not having to listen to Tony Horton be all buddy-buddy :roll:
K Div
Troop #13, November 23 - May 16

Rookie Member

Postby 0010010 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 pm

I hate doing p90 X, not because its hard but because of that guy who tells everyone what to do is super annoying.. "lets go check out the kids".

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Jonsi221 wrote:The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates

a) It isn't a secret.

b) Athletes have been training that way since Christ was in short pants.

CO

HoboWithAShotgun
Veteran Member

Postby HoboWithAShotgun » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

I've been doing P90X for a week now. I worked out regularily before and I just wanted to trim down a bit while retaining my muscle mass. I've had to suppliment some exercises with weights as I dont think I will gain muscle from doing the routines itself. Yesterday was chest and back and I added shoulders, triceps and biceps to it. And the other day was kempo and I then added squats, leg press, extension, hamstring curls, and calf raises to it. I think that one day a week of upper body groups isnt enough. If you start with nothing, obviously you will gain. But if you start with something, I think you may have a difficult time gaining. What are your experiences with it and maybe modifying it? ps- i hate yoga. I feel like a tool going into 'warrier one'.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 pm

creammachine wrote:I've been doing P90X for a week now. I worked out regularily before and I just wanted to trim down a bit while retaining my muscle mass. I've had to suppliment some exercises with weights as I dont think I will gain muscle from doing the routines itself. Yesterday was chest and back and I added shoulders, triceps and biceps to it. And the other day was kempo and I then added squats, leg press, extension, hamstring curls, and calf raises to it. I think that one day a week of upper body groups isnt enough. If you start with nothing, obviously you will gain. But if you start with something, I think you may have a difficult time gaining. What are your experiences with it and maybe modifying it? ps- i hate yoga. I feel like a tool going into 'warrier one'.

Yoga is good for you, although I can't stand listening to that dude blabber on and the music on the video is inane, much rather go to an actual yoga studio, better eye candy too. You can get mass and doing calisthenics (look at male gymnasts) and not eating crap, but doing P90X with the higher reps scheme won't really help you out since you already have been training for a while. I picked up a book called Convict Conditioning while overseas, that basically outlines an old school bare bones calisthenics program, and I have been making some gains with it (and of course my CrossFit Football).

HTP
Rookie Member

Postby HTP » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:29 pm

I started the program again, i've been on it for a week, i can already see results
POLICE OFFICERS: Because firefighters need heros

erinw
Rookie Member

Postby erinw » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:50 am

P90x is great for people who don't have a lot of experience with weight training or who don't have a workout plan they normally follow. I found I got really quick results in terms of leaning up and muscle tone - having said that, I didn't do the diet portion - It's just way too much food!
The nice thing about it is that once you've done the dvd's and know what you're doing, you can just print off the booklet and take it with you to the gym - so that you don't have to listen to Tony "go check on the kids" for the umpteenth time ;)

I'd say it's worth a try for sure. If you are planning to do one dvd a day as the program suggests it can get pretty tiring after 3 weeks, but the workouts themselves are pretty good.

e.

Rick_Qc
Rookie Member

Postby Rick_Qc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:34 am

Last edited by Rick_Qc on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be strong enough to stand alone, but be wise enough to stand together when the time comes...

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:07 pm

Rick_Qc wrote:Hi,
This post is dead since 2011 !

But, I started P90X this week, so far I like it !

The diet: It's too much food for me ! :dubious:

Any suggestion ?

Too much food? I don't understand the question LOL, then again I am a competitive strongman.

...alright, I compete in strongman, competitive is a different story.
K division.

Rick_Qc
Rookie Member

Postby Rick_Qc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Last edited by Rick_Qc on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be strong enough to stand alone, but be wise enough to stand together when the time comes...

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Rick_Qc wrote:Yeah, inside the nutrition plan (Meal approach plan) they recommend you a diet..(7 portions of protein) etc...

I try to follow the diet but it's too much food (for me) I'm worry to get weight...

What do you mean 7 portions of protein? Although I do understand our goals are different, I can't get enough protein, even though I am around the 240gs a day or so mark.
K division.