P90X

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Re: P90X

Postby Kopparoo2b » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks for the tips guys!

Basically...I'm a 5-6 day a week "worker outer" ( unless cicumstances pop-up), and have been for many years. On top of gym time I do a lot of "extras" that keep me fit, so motivation isn't the problem. My problem is just getting to that next level of "bench press" or weights in general. My cardio is fine...I can go to 10k if I pace myself right and my 5k time is decent.

I just like to set goals and see if I can get there. Thats what keeps gym time interesting for me. My short term goal for lifting is 100....as I'm almost there. After that I'd like to get to 150, and thats good enough for me.

One last question (CO)....would you say eat the carbs the night before, for next day training..........or eat the carbs a couple of hours before. I'm usually doing my biggest activity early afternoon, so that would put breakfast/brunch as the meal before. If I do any fitness at night its usually pushup sit/up unless I'm at the Dojo.

I'm just really trying to get some middle ground to keep my energy level up, but also be able to make some gains with the weights. I'm trying to stay as "natural" as possible.
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:32 pm

I believe that every meal should have healthy carbs. That being said, the most important time to have carbs is right after training. Never wait more than forty five minutes to have some fast acting carbs. This replenishes glycogen in the muscles and aids in recovery.

CO

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:I believe that every meal should have healthy carbs. That being said, the most important time to have carbs is right after training. Never wait more than forty five minutes to have some fast acting carbs. This replenishes glycogen in the muscles and aids in recovery.

CO

O.k....thats good, I'll keep that in mind. I actually eat a "carb" (supper) meal about 1.5-2 hours after workout, so maybe my problem is there. I'll need to bring something to eat shortly after working out because my workout times won't really change in the near future.

Thanks for that. :alright:
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 pm

It shouldn't be anything heavy. A banana, some juice, a little chocolate milk. Just something to put some quick sugars in ya.

CO

TPS
Rookie Member

Postby TPS » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:08 am

CourtOfficer wrote:I believe that every meal should have healthy carbs. That being said, the most important time to have carbs is right after training. Never wait more than forty five minutes to have some fast acting carbs. This replenishes glycogen in the muscles and aids in recovery.

CO

Wow didn't know that.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell
Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero

SHE-RA
Rookie Member

Postby SHE-RA » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:39 am

I'm starting this program today. Wish me luck all. :alright:

Or maybe I should wait 'till Monday. New month. New program. Hmmmm :ponder:

Thai
Rookie Member

Postby Thai » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:52 am

SHE-RA wrote:...Or maybe I should wait 'till Monday. New month. New program. Hmmmm :ponder:

lol. I'll procrastinate later.

BLaz1981
Rookie Member

Postby BLaz1981 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Did the Polymetrics CD last night 88) (my legs are feeling it today!!) - starting the P90X Lean program tonight along with some additional running - 3 weeks til my PREP test and this should get me there. I have been working out the last few weeks but I need the push now!!

SHE-RA
Rookie Member

Postby SHE-RA » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Thai wrote:
SHE-RA wrote:...Or maybe I should wait 'till Monday. New month. New program. Hmmmm :ponder:

lol. I'll procrastinate later.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone. LOL

the1captain
Veteran Member

Postby the1captain » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:19 am

How much $ does this program costs? Where can I get it? I mean besides the website.
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs." - Anonymous

Bogomil
Grand Poobah

Postby Bogomil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 am

the1captain wrote:How much $ does this program costs? Where can I get it? I mean besides the website.

Got mine from EBAY, only 50$ brand new. You have to wary of counterfeit copies if you don't buy it from the website. I lucked out. Some of the fake ones do not run in all DVD machines for some reason. If you know someone try copying theirs
What do I know of man's destiny? I could tell you more about radishes.

Dirty Harry
Rookie Member

Postby Dirty Harry » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 am

brucecountyfive0 wrote:
the1captain wrote:How much $ does this program costs? Where can I get it? I mean besides the website.

Got mine from EBAY, only 50$ brand new. You have to wary of counterfeit copies if you don't buy it from the website. I lucked out. Some of the fake ones do not run in all DVD machines for some reason. If you know someone try copying theirs

But not if you are an RCMP applicant...or care to try and explain why you are copying copyrighted material while a police applicant. Usually can be had for just over $100 bucks, with all material you need in it and can keep for yourself.

DH
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 am

Very disappointed in you, Brucecounty... You think you know someone.

CO

Bogomil
Grand Poobah

Postby Bogomil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:24 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:Very disappointed in you, Brucecounty... You think you know someone.

CO

I didn't say I copied someone else's....just a suggestion. I hold members fitness above all copyright laws. :D

Bogomil
Grand Poobah

Postby Bogomil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Congrats to all. You passed my integrity test. :thumbsup: