P90X

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
gafaicheng
Rookie Member

Re: P90X

Postby gafaicheng » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:54 am

in the LMD, you can get P90X for $98.00 at London Drugs and Fitness Town.Just Google them. I chatted with the Fitness Town manager, I asked him about his "sold out" sign on the P90X shelf. He says he can't keep it stocked, he sells 300 units a week. Wonder if any of the customers are coppers.

yunach
Rookie Member

Postby yunach » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:44 pm

So i decided to purchase P90x.
I tried Day 1 of the program today. Pretty tough to follow.
Heart rate is pretty high throughout the workout. Constantly doing different excercises, from pull ups to pushups...
Take a 90 day commitment. If you dont hae about an hour a day, don't bother with this program...

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:26 pm

P90X has become all the rage with people on my service. My concern is that people aren't altering their diets. They are making great gains in fat loss, but without changing their diet. If they don't keep the intensity of P90X up "for good", I'm guessing their weight gain following the program will be rapid.

CO

yunach
Rookie Member

Postby yunach » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Agreed.
Diet with any type of training is extremely important. I would say about 75% diet, 25% training.
I have been working out for years, and the intensity of P90x doesnt compare to anything you do at a gym.
Since you are mostly doing body weight with a few dumbell excercises, I think you will end up weaker when you go back to the weights if you lay off the gym completely. But nothing you cant get back in a short while....

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:55 pm

I agree. Although being more holistic and aerobic, it'll probably serve people well who want to shred some pounds. I can't see anyone getting bigger or stronger on it though.

CO

DJK
Rookie Member

Postby DJK » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:28 pm

My wife has been doing the P90X for the past 4 months on and off. Even though she is not working out as consistently as she should (1 hour a day 7 days a week) she still has seen a very big change in weight loss and muscle tone. She was a size 12-14 after having 2 kids and now is down to a 8-9. I don't know what that means for weight or actual measurements since I'm a guy, all I know is that she is looking great!

I tried the routines a bit and they were certainly tiring. Someday I might even try to do the program, but for now I stay busy running a 3 or 4 times a week, working a regular job, taking care of the kiddies, and trying to finish the reno projects on my house before Depot!

Seams like a good program though! Much tougher then most other DVD type programs I've ever seen.
"F"-Division
RPAT - Feb 2009 pass 3.98
PARE - March 2009 pass 3:35
PEP-Q - April 2009 pass
RMSI - April 2009 pass
Poly - May 2009 waiting for results ..... DEFFERED 2 years
Medical / Dental - June 10 2009
Psych - June 22, 2009

gafaicheng
Rookie Member

Postby gafaicheng » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:48 pm

hey it's great your wife is looking great; don't suppose you wanna post a pic??? Just kidding.
Just PM the pic instead...ha haa

Yes, the P90X is hard work, but FYI there is actually a P90X "LITE" series called Power 90 Master Series. It's a 6 dvd set. The work outs are little shorter, about 40-50 mins, and are somewhat easier, but still a good sweat.

Get in there and work out with your wife!!

DJK
Rookie Member

Postby DJK » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:29 am

Here is a before and after... P90X really works!!! :thumbsup:

Before:

After:

"F"-Division
RPAT - Feb 2009 pass 3.98
PARE - March 2009 pass 3:35
PEP-Q - April 2009 pass
RMSI - April 2009 pass
Poly - May 2009 waiting for results ..... DEFFERED 2 years
Medical / Dental - June 10 2009
Psych - June 22, 2009

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:50 am

I'm on week 3 of P90X. I've toned quite noticably, I'm also practicing better nutrition (not a diet, but fuelling my body properly).

Particularly, I've noticed my abs, chest, forearms and upper arms have toned quite a bit (In just 2 weeks).

My weight hasn't changed at all (don't care), and my "dress" size hasn't changed at all (don't care), but I love the workouts, I love the energy, I sleep a hell of a lot better, and am having fun. I have specific workout goals in mind, and there's no doubt that P90X will help me achieve those goals. Who knows... maybe I'll even take a stab at running again...

It's tough to get the time to workout after working days, (work out, eat dinner, shower, go straight to bed), and just as challenging working nights, but I will be successful, because of the support of my family.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

gotchya

Postby gotchya » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:09 am

WorkingOnIt wrote:It's tough to get the time to workout after working days, (work out, eat dinner, shower, go straight to bed), and just as challenging working nights, but I will be successful, because of the support of my family.

It's so true, I don't know how some do it. Especially after a long shift you just want to go home a sleep. I'm struggling working out while doing working shift. Do most officers exercise on their DR or is it daily?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Westerly

Postby Westerly » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:33 pm

P90X is good for the cardio, if you really want a nice free program to get that "I need a larger shirt due to my neck size" look and feel, google strong lifts 5x5. FREE and good, its for power lifters and those who want to use the strength, not just walk around with thier lats sticking out like a tool. Body weight bench press in 6 months?...you mean you can't already?
A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.

Westerly

Postby Westerly » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Here is the link for the strong lifts 5x5 site...very good information, nothing to buy.

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5- ... g-program/
A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 am

DJK wrote:Here is a before and after... P90X really works!!! :thumbsup:

Before:

After:

DAMNNN!!!!!! That Dude really came into his own. He's HAWT!!!!!
Smurf shirted Constable Side-kick.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

TPS
Rookie Member

Postby TPS » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:14 pm

WorkingOnIt wrote:I'm on week 3 of P90X. I've toned quite noticably, I'm also practicing better nutrition (not a diet, but fuelling my body properly).

Particularly, I've noticed my abs, chest, forearms and upper arms have toned quite a bit (In just 2 weeks).

My weight hasn't changed at all (don't care), and my "dress" size hasn't changed at all (don't care), but I love the workouts, I love the energy, I sleep a hell of a lot better, and am having fun. I have specific workout goals in mind, and there's no doubt that P90X will help me achieve those goals. Who knows... maybe I'll even take a stab at running again...

It's tough to get the time to workout after working days, (work out, eat dinner, shower, go straight to bed), and just as challenging working nights, but I will be successful, because of the support of my family.

How "fit" were you before starting p90x? I'm just wondering because my father in law just gave me his copy to try, since I really want to get back into shape after having two babies. But I am really not in good shape now, mainly my lower back and abs are extemely weak. So was it hard getting into the routine? I've heard it's extremely intense?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell
Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero

albertagirl
Rookie Member

Postby albertagirl » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 am

TPS wrote:
WorkingOnIt wrote:I'm on week 3 of P90X. I've toned quite noticably, I'm also practicing better nutrition (not a diet, but fuelling my body properly).

How "fit" were you before starting p90x? I'm just wondering because my father in law just gave me his copy to try, since I really want to get back into shape after having two babies. But I am really not in good shape now, mainly my lower back and abs are extemely weak. So was it hard getting into the routine? I've heard it's extremely intense?

I have done P90X for 4 months and I think you need to be in fairly good shape to start. With that said, I have had friends who were overweight start it but, they struggled with keeping with it. I loved it, saw incredible results and had major definition. I tried to do another round but, it didn't keep me motivated because it got so mundane after awhile. I am starting the new beachbody workout called "Insanity" it looks amazing. I totally recommend the "X" it is intense for the first 2 weeks but, you will get into a routine and love it! Follow the nutrition plan with it and you can always modify it as you go.