PARE-> Best way to vault over bar

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Re: PARE-> Best way to vault over bar

Postby CourtOfficer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Stop making up excuses before you even fail it. Which you will. Police Officers are winners. They are wired that way. Your defeatist, negative attitude and excuse making won't be welcomed at any Police station.

CO

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:52 pm

I think this should moved to the Use of Force section. I actually am looking at rubbing some Lakota Topical Rub to the next resistant suspect. It may even smell better.

And when I pull the jar out maybe I will hear the call of the loon in the background.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Haweater
Seasoned Member

Postby Haweater » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Jim Street wrote:I think this should moved to the Use of Force section. I actually am looking at rubbing some Lakota Topical Rub to the next resistant suspect. It may even smell better.

And when I pull the jar out maybe I will hear the call of the loon in the background.

By "hear the loon" I'm assuming you mean SD mumbling in the background

North of 60
Veteran Member

Postby North of 60 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:23 pm

How on earth are you even going to attempt police work if you are worried about vaulting over a bar? I hope to hell someone in recruiting is able to spot you before you fall through the cracks. I'm not getting my hopes up but for the love of Pete find another career. If I'm on the road and require backup I need someone who is capable and not just another witness.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:30 pm

If I'm on the road and require backup I need someone who is capable and not just another witness.

That would require her to get to the scene without crashing her vehicle!
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:50 pm

LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:51 pm

Haweater wrote:By "hear the loon" I'm assuming you mean SD mumbling in the background

Or screaming after getting the Lakota rub in her eyes again.

SD, I'm not sure why you even mentioned OC.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Banned
Rookie Member

Postby Banned » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:30 am

I guess it's late to post this at all but if it benefits anyone else....

When I applied to the BC Sheriffs I ran the SOPAT in 3:43 my first try. I was to be in a spring 2001 class but there was an opening in the August 2000 class and I was called and offered the early spot. I was 6 weeks into a severe ankle sprain but there wasn't a chance in hell I was going to pass the oportunity despite the doctor warning that I stay off the ankle for 8 weeks. First day of training you are required to pass the SOPAT again, if you fail your out. I mentioned my ankle injury to one of the test adminsitrators and he helped me tape the ankle.

I decided 4:45 was my goal. I had nothing to prove and all I needed to do was pass at 4:45 and not break or re-sprain the ankle any of which would have seen me waiting for the spring class. I relaxed and thought I was taking it easy. No pressure and easy on the stairs. Ended up finishing with a 3:02. Best time I've ever had.

Anyway, hope you did well.
I didn't say it would be easy - I said it would be worth it: Art Williams

Dirty Harry
Rookie Member

Postby Dirty Harry » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:33 am

Just like the train wreck that you can't peel your eyes from.....how'd you do SD_SC1? Please share all the juicy details.

DH
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Dirty Harry wrote:Just like the train wreck that you can't peel your eyes from.....how'd you do SD_SC1? Please share all the juicy details.

DH

Not so good. It kicked my ass, but I'll be back and I'll kick ass and take names in the process next time. I forgot that the push is not only pushing 70 lbs, but it's also 70 lbs of resistance as well. Interestingly enough, I had no real issues with the vault. I was also surprised with the amount of men who struggled with it. The only people who made it look like a cake walk were the ones re-doing it.

Jim Street wrote:
SD, I'm not sure why you even mentioned OC.

OC is the active ingredient in Lakota topical rub. That's why it causes such an intense burning, especially if you apply it after a hot shower.
Sed libera nos a malo.

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:11 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:Not so good. It kicked my ass, but I'll be back and I'll kick ass and take names in the process next time. I forgot that the push is not only pushing 70 lbs, but it's also 70 lbs of resistance as well. Interestingly enough, I had no real issues with the vault. I was also surprised with the amount of men who struggled with it. The only people who made it look like a cake walk were the ones re-doing it.

Yeah I am sure it had nothing to do with your defeatist attitude from the very beginning.

The men likely strugged with the vault because of a lactic acid build up, and it's harder to vault your body weight if you're bigger as males usually are.

Bottom line, the POPAT is harder and doing these tests is 85% mental, I'll tell anyone that.

OC is the active ingredient in Lakota topical rub. That's why it causes such an intense burning, especially if you apply it after a hot shower.

No it's not. OC stands for oleoresin capsicum. The topical rub doesn't contain that, the manufacturer claims it contains capsaicin. While they are similar they're not the same.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Jim Street wrote:
The men likely strugged with the vault because of a lactic acid build up, and it's harder to vault your body weight if you're bigger as males usually are.

I was referring to struggling with the push/pull machine.

As for vaulting, I'm not exactly tiny myself, so it would only be natural for it to be more difficult to vault my body weight. It doesn't help that the majority of my strength is in my legs and not my arms, unlike most males.

I was actually feeling really good about running it that morning and right when I started. My first lap was completely flawless and almost right on time too (26 seconds). Then I threw myself off on the second lap and it all went downhill from there, so chances are there was some mental aspects to it too.

I'll train hard, and get back at it again.
Sed libera nos a malo.

fergs
Rookie Member

Postby fergs » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:47 pm

SD,

What was your time ?.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:42 am

fergs wrote:SD,

What was your time ?.

DNF
Sed libera nos a malo.

wannabeRCMP
Rookie Member

Postby wannabeRCMP » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:23 am

Did you gas out before the 6th lap or did you have trouble with the push-pull or the carry?
It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.