Crossfit Workouts

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Re: Crossfit Workouts

Postby basketcase » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Mrs basketcase is loving crossfit. She's already noticed improvements and is happy after a week and a bit about the amount of weight that she's lost so far.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Mrs basketcase is loving crossfit. She's already noticed improvements and is happy after a week and a bit about the amount of weight that she's lost so far.

The variety of CF workouts and exercises are fantastic. I only follow the principles, but I have like 60 something main workouts I do and they challenge me every time. She'll dig that too I suspect. That and some workouts are crazy intense in short time span so she can get a good workout while being time crunched.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 pm

opp2 wrote:
opp2 wrote:today "I didn't like my shoulders anyway"

45 pound shoulder press10 reps
45 pound thruster, 15 reps
45 pound Push press, 20 reps
45 pound Front squat, 25 reps
45 pound Push jerk, 30 reps
45 pound Back squat, 35 reps

7:44 then 5 rds planche 30, 49,29,19 28

They shoulda named this, I didn't like my quads anyway. My shoulders are fine, legs....not so much.

Not surprising since it's a modified bear complex. :smirk:

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm

opp2 wrote:I have slipped into the vortex of the administrative whirlpool and the life is being sucked out of my very being by the demands made on my time and the interuptions into my day...I can't even eat lunch in peace without a page or a phone call :nono: .

Big changes MUST BE MADE.... I MUST FIGHT THE ADMIN WHIRLPOOL....... :ak47:

Take a demotion?

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 am

If anyone has seen this commercial, you have now seen my home gym http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 662K0s5ILs (although we don't have a leg press, that was apparently brought in specifically for this commercial).

Also Camille set a new PR for herself at the gym over the weekend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5ykNInEow (she apparently did a photoshoot for Oxygen Magazine at our gym as well...and I wasn't there .... :(( )

Pretty happy the latest rotation of people here, has brought people who actually know how to squat and deadlift (and with serious weights too). I has a happy.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm

I assume the put the Sport Check banner in just for the commercial too? Or was that digitally added? Also, is the treadmill outside, or again, just the commercial?
K division.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Shawshank wrote:I assume the put the Sport Check banner in just for the commercial too? Or was that digitally added? Also, is the treadmill outside, or again, just the commercial?

Didn't even notice the banner, but it looks real to me, wouldn't surprise me if Paul left it there. The gym has like 3 treadmills, none are outdoors, don't know where that shot was done.

SPC
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby SPC » Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Just did my first crossfit. Co-Worker goes religiously, and invited me, so I thought why not. Now I know why not. haha. Had a great workout though. Then made the mistake of going shooting afterwards....horrible sight picture!!!
"When we act on behalf of others, we have no moral authority to forgive on their behalf, to allow evil for the sake of tolerance, or to turn the cheek of anyone but ourselves."

danoman
Veteran Member

Postby danoman » Thu May 02, 2013 8:02 pm

SPC wrote:Just did my first crossfit. Co-Worker goes religiously, and invited me, so I thought why not. Now I know why not. haha. Had a great workout though. Then made the mistake of going shooting afterwards....horrible sight picture!!!

Question is, were you able to walk two days later?

After the first time I went, I wasn't able to walk for two straight days.
For everything you need to know in life, watch the Lion King and read the Da Vinci Code.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Tue May 07, 2013 3:14 pm

So trying some new stuff, out with the 5/3/1 template in with daily Deadlifts, PowerCleans, Front Squats and Low Bar Back Squats, as well as old timey strongman/hard stuff, like the Bent Press, Sots Press, Zercher Squat, Jefferson Lift and few other things.

Just did the bent press and sots press with an empty barbell.....yeah....this is going to be interesting...