Crossfit Workouts

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
48highlander
Rookie Member

Re: Crossfit Workouts

Postby 48highlander » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 am

opp2 wrote:Question for y'all

Since last Thursday i've been feeling off. Last thurs night after work I took my wee man to gymnastics. About 15 mins in I found it very uncomfortable to sit down on the bleechers, and kept standing up. When I got home, I found I still had the pain in my lower back and hips, and my skin was tingly, and I felt chilled. I thought for sure I was getting the flu.

Friday was a nightmare at work. I was a wreck for most of the day, but it was only the pain in the back an hips, as well as this weird headache that wasn't. I was ok as long as I didn't move my eyes too far in any direction. If I did it was accompanied by a dull ache in the head. I took some advil about noon and by three was feeling nearly normal, but had to take more advil by 9 on Friday night.

Saturday was similar, with the only thing easing the ache in the back, hips and head advil. But I still don't have any other flu symptoms...no cough, sinuses are fine, no nausea, no other tummy issues...

I'm really not sure what's what here. I had a similar day today but I'm out of advil, and tylenol isn't quite as good as advil. I did an easy travel wod today cause I'm sure the pain I'm in is not related to any muscle issues.

If anyone has any thoughts, other than to tell me to see a doctor (which I will tomorrow if I still feel this way) I'd appreciate hearing them. Is it possible to have the flu without all the normal symptoms?

Last time I got the flu, litteraly I was fine all day long, and then in the space of an hour I developed a cold sweat, chills, and could bare stand and walk right, went to the ER (I was in Vegas, this was during work up for tour), my BP and Pulse were spiked well above normal, and they immediately brought me in and hooked me up to monitors. After several hours and a few tests and blood work, diagnosis I had the flu. The rapid onset was unusal, but it was the flu, and I didn't have a cough or sinus issues or nausea. There are many different strains of the influenza, they don't all have the same symptoms. That said, since you have mentioned you have had brain/neurological issues before, that's what I would lean to first. Even with out your prior history, I would lean towards something of that nature first, there are a few strains of meningitis that are more commonly encountered if one spends alot of time around kids.

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:38 pm

Wife started Crossfit today. I'm happy for her. It's not my style of workouts but I think she'll enjoy it for sure and the group motivation that comes with it. Not a bad price either. $140/mth for three workouts per week. Not too bad I don't think.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

26point2
Rookie Member

Postby 26point2 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 pm

opp2 wrote:back on the street, today intervals building back up to a run

5k 43 mins run 1min walk 2min....lather rinse repeat.

Awesome stuff! When's the next race?
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"

26point2
Rookie Member

Postby 26point2 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Your house too, huh? :)
"Sic Itur ad Astra"
"Such is the Pathway to the Stars"

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:44 am

Back to the gym after 5 weeks off (rest+vacation), turns out my hotel gyms were not equipped for my purposes :P Oh well, it seems I gained some flexibility through my shoulders (the multiple Thai massages I had in Thailand probably helped, those girls are bloody sadists) . Now I can just load and go, no need for warm up sets to get the shoulders loose.