Crossfit Workouts

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
48highlander
Rookie Member

Re: Crossfit Workouts

Postby 48highlander » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:03 am

TimeToGoTactical wrote:I competed in a competition this weekend at Crossfit Toronto. I came tied for 2nd. I was totally pumped. It was nice to compete against people at my skill level - which is what I would say slightly better than average. I'm not at regional levels yet, but I'm doing pretty well these days. Been Crossfitting for over a year now.

This was all one day:

WOD 1: 1 RM Thruster, 3 attempts, 10 minute cap. PR'd at 235 lbs.

WOD 2: Tabata This - minus the row (I'm not going to type how Tabata this works, but it's evil). Score was 42.

WOD 3: 5 RFT: 5x 135lb power snatch, 20 lunges with 45lb dumbell overhead. 6:38 - this was very disappointing for me. I should have had this sub 5:30.

WOD 4a: Body weight front squat, AMRAP 1 minute. 185lbs x 14
Then right into
WOD 4b: 60 double unders, 20 Kettlebells snatches @24kg (per arm), 40 double unders, 10 Kettlebells snatches,20 double unders, 5 Kettlebells snatches. 5:52

WOD 5: 7min AMRAP 5x 185lb power cleans, 10x ring pushups. 8 rounds, 1 clean.

Took be 2 days to recover, and even then the last 2 days have been really light.

One of the other trainers from my gym competed at this event, he came 5th I believe.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Me today, doing my regular heavy singles. Ended up dumping the bar twice (375lbs) cause I made one side 10lbs heavier than the other (3x45+25, 3x45+35, the 25 and 35 were nearly indentical in size :shame: ) . Yeah I am a little sore right now.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:26 pm

nice, I would be posting more, cept, I basically do just wendler 531, and a little gymnastics routine I put together (overcoming gravity, awesome book, like starting strength for gymnastics). goal is basically be a modern day Eugen Sandow, by the time I get home. I miss my strongman toys ... :((

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:18 am

opp2 wrote:look for opportunity around you

It's not that I can't, I am choosing not to. I have a torn bicep tendon and torn labrum, not looking to make those worse while I am here, by doing high speed ballastic type movements. I was told I should have surgery, but I was told this about a month before I was scheduled to leave :| So yeah. I have actually improved my shoulder mobility and reduced the pain to practically nil, by switching to Low Bar Squats, and slow and steady gymnastic/body weight stuff. But still not going to take chances.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm

opp2 wrote:
48highlander wrote:
opp2 wrote:look for opportunity around you

It's not that I can't, I am choosing not to. I have a torn bicep tendon and torn labrum, not looking to make those worse while I am here, by doing high speed ballastic type movements. I was told I should have surgery, but I was told this about a month before I was scheduled to leave :| So yeah. I have actually improved my shoulder mobility and reduced the pain to practically nil, by switching to Low Bar Squats, and slow and steady gymnastic/body weight stuff. But still not going to take chances.

I remember that now. Good on you for keeping at it one way or another.

I need something to do to keep sane :)

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Do you limit the shoulder movements you do? I know you squat, a lot, but what about other traditional presses?
Also, when you saw low squat, is it just a few (3) inches lower than a high squat?
K division.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Shawshank wrote:Do you limit the shoulder movements you do? I know you squat, a lot, but what about other traditional presses?
Also, when you saw low squat, is it just a few (3) inches lower than a high squat?

I do the full 531 so I bench and press, bench gives me issues if I am not super strict on form. I do lowbar the way it shown in Starting Strength, basically across the middle of my deltoids. Part of the reason I have been playing with more gymnastics/body weight stuff is to increase the should movements I am exposed to (in a controlled way). Part of the reason I am broken is lack of mobility, and over development on my anterior side (which is true for most guys).

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:37 pm

I am lacking mobility through my hips which is playing havoc with my knee. I need to smarten up and just add the fifteen minutes of form rolling, stretching and TRX work like I should.
K division.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Shawshank wrote:I am lacking mobility through my hips which is playing havoc with my knee. I need to smarten up and just add the fifteen minutes of form rolling, stretching and TRX work like I should.

10 minute squat test.....