Crossfit Workouts

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
metallicat
Rookie Member

Re: Crossfit Workouts

Postby metallicat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Well I'm calling the PARE my WOD for the day...it might as well be an official CrossFit WOD!

Mister E
Rookie Member

Postby Mister E » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 pm

AM:

5 KM run with 35 pounds on the vest and gas mask 24:36s
Been my first masked run in a while, not too happy with the time but it'll get better.

5x3 reps of overhead squats @ 225,225,230,225,225

PM:

6 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
25 Burpees

with 25 pound vest
22:30

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:39 am

5 KM run with 35 pounds on the vest and gas mask 24:36s???

You in army training?? Or.....is this your own stay in shape fit program.... 88)

I'm just asking....

I may just put the vest on again and see how far I can get..but I think I'll start with maybe 20lbs first..and tell loved ones the route I'm taking...... :dubious:
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

Mister E
Rookie Member

Postby Mister E » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:54 am

Yeah I'm in the army, but it's self directed PT. Running with a gas mask is normally taught to us fairly early on in our careers as a COCK tool.

There's usually no shortage of dudes running, lifting weights or pulling trucks with gas masks on, on bases where there is any sort of gunfighters. Especially when deployment fever hits. Lot's of people say it doesn't help at all but I've been doing mask runs for a while and I think it's helped me a ton.

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:16 am

O.k..that makes sense.....

But I have to ask.....What exactley does this mean... "Running with a gas mask is normally taught to us fairly early on in our careers as a COCK tool. "
kopparoo2b

Minimum Wage Warrior
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Minimum Wage Warrior » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:11 am

Let's just say the soldier who has trouble keeping his kit squared away may find himself donning his gas mask for a random unscheduled physical training session.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:13 pm

This is for another post, but just as an unrelated side boob, I could not be told to run with a mask because my shirt was wrinkly. I'd tell the boss to eat balls inside of a minute. I honestly don't know how you guys in the military live like that. But I admire you for doing so.

CO

Mister E
Rookie Member

Postby Mister E » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:24 am

Realisticly that stuff only happens in your first 6 months and then once more on your leadership course. If I went into work on a random Tuesday and my boss told me to mask up or made me do pushup's he would quickly be told to get fucked. The old army is dying and this shit thankfully doesn't happen anymore.

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:58 am

CourtOfficer wrote:This is for another post, but just as an unrelated side boob, I could not be told to run with a mask because my shirt was wrinkly. I'd tell the boss to eat balls inside of a minute. I honestly don't know how you guys in the military live like that. But I admire you for doing so.

CO

Just curious...and you may not remember but.....

Back in your Police Academy days....if you were in formation and your Drill guy told you to drop and give 20 (30, 40) for ...whatever reason....you wouldn't have done it there??

How would that go over at the Academy if you said...No.

Has anyone been to Academy Training and had a guy (gal maybe) say...Screw You...I'm not doing 20......
kopparoo2b

TimeToGoTactical

Postby TimeToGoTactical » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Mister E wrote:Realisticly that stuff only happens in your first 6 months and then once more on your leadership course. If I went into work on a random Tuesday and my boss told me to mask up or made me do pushup's he would quickly be told to get fucked. The old army is dying and this shit thankfully doesn't happen anymore.

Ugh... I remember doing a shuttle run in full NBCD kit... for "fun". It's not.
Oh NO 5-0!

LittleJohnny
Rookie Member

Postby LittleJohnny » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:58 pm

I think im going to try that Cindy workout next Wednesday. The one I saw was as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes I think.

Today I did the following

For time:

50 box jump
50 jumping pullups
50 kettle bell swings
walking lunge 50 steps
50 knee to elbows
50 push press, 45 lbs
50 back extensions
50 wall balls
50 Burpees <-------------- the devils exercise
50 double unders

completed 28 minutes flat

then a half hour eliptical
A coward dies a thousand times........a hero dies but once

LittleJohnny
Rookie Member

Postby LittleJohnny » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Ahhhh the filthy fifty.................makes sense. I actually made a little book of programs that I copied and pasted from a crossfit website and neglected to copy the names of the programs themselves. Im going to been adding more programs to the collection and ill be sure to include the names as its easier to refer to them by name than content. The filthy fifty itself was definitely a good program but not my favorite so far. I prefer ones with a bit more running intervals or rowing and such. I like the idea of going from something that putting me in a lactic state like pullups or lunges than jumping on a treadmill or rowing machine and recovering only to have to repeat a few more times. Its almost like chasing a high...........................a natural one that is. 8) .

BTW thats a lot of rounds in 20 minutes for Cindy. I don't think I will fair as well as pull ups are my nemesis..............this is why I am forcing myself to do programs like this as its always been my weak spot for me. Do they make you do pull-ups at OPC??????????????//im thinking they do
Last edited by LittleJohnny on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A coward dies a thousand times........a hero dies but once