Crossfit Workouts

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
48highlander
Rookie Member

Re: Crossfit Workouts

Postby 48highlander » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:39 am

opp2 wrote:You're crazy...just plain Crazy!!! good work.

I fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks, but got back on yesterday. Did a simple dead lift routine with a good warm up.

Mr opp2 has the beginner program all printed out...let's see how that goes.

Thanks, yeah I guess I am crazy, I just don't want to be at the bottom of pack in term of PT if I get selected for the next tour, since I believe 3 RCR is the lead. That and its nice to go through my training logs from the last 2 years and see the huge improvements I have made.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Thu May 01, 2008 9:01 pm

opp2 wrote:Want proof that Crossfit works..??

I'm over 40, I did Crossfit for a few months then fell off the wagon when I went to this new position. Despite no regular workouts for about 4 weeks, I did the fitness pin today and scored 100%. I heard today that 31 of 76 new recruits at the OPP academy failed the PIN this week..shame on you..

Awesome good work!!

On that note here is are my times from yesterday and today (maybe it will help you get back on the wagon)

Yesterday
120 pull ups/120 dips (in place of 30 muscle ups) for time = 17:05

Today
Fight Gone bad (slightly modified)
This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating.
3rouds
Wall-ball 10 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull 65 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump 20" box (Reps)
Push-press 65 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate", the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

We made it 4 minute rounds and then subed out rows for 400m run, my point total is
Wall Ball=45
Sumo Deads=58
Box Jumps=38
Push press=64

TimeToGoTactical

Postby TimeToGoTactical » Fri May 02, 2008 10:58 am

48th do you do your workouts with your unit at MPA or somewhere else.
Oh NO 5-0!

erichweiss

Postby erichweiss » Fri May 02, 2008 11:39 am

opp2 wrote:...I did the fitness pin today and scored 100%.

Nice Work!! :thumbsup:

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri May 02, 2008 1:30 pm

I heard today that 31 of 76 new recruits at the OPP academy failed the PIN this week..

Wow. It's not unusual for some to fail, but that number is pretty high! Surprising!

CO

Haweater
Seasoned Member

Postby Haweater » Sat May 03, 2008 11:18 am

opp2 wrote:Want proof that Crossfit works..??

I'm over 40, I did Crossfit for a few months then fell off the wagon when I went to this new position. Despite no regular workouts for about 4 weeks, I did the fitness pin today and scored 100%. I heard today that 31 of 76 new recruits at the OPP academy failed the PIN this week..shame on you..

Congrats. Very impressive at any age. With the crossfit are you doing any running on it's own for distance or just the WOD?

31 of 76 eh. Sad to think that is the old minimum standard to get hired and graduate. Do they not still need to pass the fitness pin to be appointed as a probationary now or is it just the prep test score?

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sun May 04, 2008 7:59 pm

TimeToGoTactical wrote:48th do you do your workouts with your unit at MPA or somewhere else.

Mondays I do it at home since I don't work mondays, tues-fri I do it after work at MPA since I work Class B in the RQ, and the unit has equipment I don't.

TimeToGoTactical

Postby TimeToGoTactical » Sun May 04, 2008 10:31 pm

I would love to come down to MPA to do WODs but I live in the far east end so the drive would be longer than the workout in most cases haha. Are there many Queens Own that are out with you guys?

On a side note, can anyone actually do 50 pullups? or do u break them into sets, or sub for other exercises? I'm interested in how everyone is completing WODs like Filthy 50 and others...
Oh NO 5-0!

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Mon May 05, 2008 11:55 am

TimeToGoTactical wrote:I would love to come down to MPA to do WODs but I live in the far east end so the drive would be longer than the workout in most cases haha. Are there many Queens Own that are out with you guys?

On a side note, can anyone actually do 50 pullups? or do u break them into sets, or sub for other exercises? I'm interested in how everyone is completing WODs like Filthy 50 and others...

No QOR workout with us, they just kind of stare, and give us a "you guys are weird" look, as for the pull-ups, everyone breaks them down, so you are only doing a few a time.

TimeToGoTactical

Postby TimeToGoTactical » Mon May 05, 2008 1:52 pm

hahaha, right on.
Oh NO 5-0!

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Tue May 06, 2008 6:53 am

TimeToGoTactical wrote:I would love to come down to MPA to do WODs but I live in the far east end so the drive would be longer than the workout in most cases haha. Are there many Queens Own that are out with you guys?

This guy almost can. I don't think he's human though. http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Cros ... ullups.mov

I can't. I think I've probably been doing crossfit for about 3 months now, and am getting a little bit disappointed that my dead hang pull-ups aren't getting much better. For the WODs that call for a lot of pull-ups, I try and do as many dead hang ones as I can, and then change to jumping pullups. Apparently that is what they recommend other than their kipping pull-ups. I don't think there is ever an issue though, with breaking the pull-ups and anything else into as many sets as required.