Anyone ever used Energy Pills for workouts?

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
BadBoy
Rookie Member

Anyone ever used Energy Pills for workouts?

Postby BadBoy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:56 pm

You know, the Xenadrines/Hydroxycuts etc.

Anyone used them for long distance runs?

If so do you notice a big improvement vs runs when you dont use them?
Bad boys, Bad boys
Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do
When they come for you

Z#
Rookie Member

Re: Anyone ever used Energy Pills for workouts?

Postby Z# » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am

Tried Hydroxycut Hardcore for a while. Didn't do squat as far as extra weight loss, but it gives you a noticeable kick in the ass. It would get me started easier for runs, but didn't affect endurance at all. I've heard of others having more problems with it than it's worth though. (Stomach upset, violent headaches, loss of apetite, etc.) In the end I couldn't justify spending the money on it anymore.
"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm

I used to do ECA when I was severely restricting my carbs. Yes, they will provide some energy, but it isn't the wholesome energy you get from food. It's more of a "nervous" energy. Hard to describe.

Ephedrine is a bronchiodilator and as such, you should see some benefits in your long distance running.

CO

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:42 am

I just use regular ole caffeine pills, 1 pill about half hour before workout and I am good.

BruteForce
Rookie Member

Postby BruteForce » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:23 am

CourtOfficer wrote:I used to do ECA when I was severely restricting my carbs. Yes, they will provide some energy, but it isn't the wholesome energy you get from food. It's more of a "nervous" energy. Hard to describe.

Ephedrine is a bronchiodilator and as such, you should see some benefits in your long distance running.

CO

Same here CO . I still have Epdhedrine that I use somedays when I need an extra kick at the gym, good stuff to have around.

gullubaadshah
Rookie Member

Postby gullubaadshah » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:39 am

Anybody ever tried buffered creatine pills? They work! atleast for me.

I never experienced the whole bloated/upset stomach thing. It does give you that extra push to complete those 10 reps. One problem though, once you get off these pills you feel dull and uninterested in gym.

I'd say go natural. Couple egg whites boiled before working out does the trick.

BruteForce
Rookie Member

Postby BruteForce » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:47 pm

gullubaadshah wrote:Anybody ever tried buffered creatine pills? They work! atleast for me.

I never experienced the whole bloated/upset stomach thing. It does give you that extra push to complete those 10 reps. One problem though, once you get off these pills you feel dull and uninterested in gym.

I'd say go natural. Couple egg whites boiled before working out does the trick.

He was asking about ENERGEY pills, egg whites/creatine are BCAA's they will provide you with some energy but they aren't energy pills, VPX is coming out with a new product within the next 6 weeks, its a new version of their ''Melt-Down'', supposed to be amazing I have a few friends who are testing the product and they say its like nothing they have ever tried.

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Yeah you don't get energy from egg whites like you would from anything with caffeine in it etc. The original Hydroxycut and Xenadrine were the best. I heard that the new Hydroxycut hardcore is pretty good. For energy I usually take ephedrine with a caffeine tablet. If I don't do that, usually I take some sort of Nitric Oxide booster (NO explode or Muscletech NanoVapor) I also like BSN's EndoRush energy drink pre workout...it's pretty wicked stuff.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.