quitting smoking

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
charbopa
Rookie Member

Re: quitting smoking

Postby charbopa » Thu May 20, 2010 10:32 am

cshea wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
cshea wrote:After many failed attempts, i am starting Champix tomorrow. I pick up my prescription tomorrow after work. I am truly excited to start this and finnally be able kick it and become a non smoker for life. Congrats to all you have quit.

Shea just remember that the mood swings will go away, I quit with champix in 3 weeks thats from 2 packs aday my wife also quit at the same time there were a few mood swings but we got through it.
Good luck

Thanks Nubs,
I will let you know how it goes when I start. I pick up my meds today, so I will start taking them tomorrow morning. I may have lots of questions for you in the coming weeks. Thanks for your support!

Also, make sure you eat a good meal in the morning, just from experience! If you skip breakfast; the way I felt, you feel like hurling! And the dreams!!!!!!! I want to take it again simply for the dreams I had. :drinking:

ERnurse2PC
Rookie Member

Postby ERnurse2PC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 pm

10 months today! :D
‎"You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it."

mcdonaja
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby mcdonaja » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:17 am

ERnurse2PC wrote:10 months today! :D

GOOD JOB..... :thumbsup:
"Cops solve problems. Don't be a problem and you won't get solved."
Freedom Friday - Jan 06 2012 - 32 years 1 month

cshea
Rookie Member

Postby cshea » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Well two complete weeks of not smoking. I have to say that it is not the easiest thing that I have ever done. Some days are great, others not so great! Thank god for the champix though, it really helps, except for the upset stomach. That I could do without. Stay strong and think positive.

Shea
A Div Ottawa
RPAT: 18 Apr 09
Results:14 May 09
Pare: 3:32
RMSI: 05 Nov 09
Poly: 27 Apr 10
BGI:
Med:
Dent:
MMPI:
Final PARE:
FR:
SC:
Troop

ERnurse2PC
Rookie Member

Postby ERnurse2PC » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:12 pm

cshea wrote:Well two complete weeks of not smoking. I have to say that it is not the easiest thing that I have ever done. Some days are great, others not so great! Thank god for the champix though, it really helps, except for the upset stomach. That I could do without. Stay strong and think positive.

Shea

Awesome!! Keep up the good work :thumbsup:
‎"You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it."

SHAMROCK
Veteran Member

Postby SHAMROCK » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:01 am

cshea wrote:Well two complete weeks of not smoking. I have to say that it is not the easiest thing that I have ever done. Some days are great, others not so great! Thank god for the champix though, it really helps, except for the upset stomach. That I could do without. Stay strong and think positive.

Shea

Awesome job! I am 10 days away from a year of not smoking..so it is possible. Try and stay positive you will feel GREAT when you have finally quit.

cshea
Rookie Member

Postby cshea » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Well, I am past the 1 month mark and I feel great. I am finally getting use to it and I love my new routine. I should have done this years ago.
A Div Ottawa
RPAT: 18 Apr 09
Results:14 May 09
Pare: 3:32
RMSI: 05 Nov 09
Poly: 27 Apr 10
BGI:
Med:
Dent:
MMPI:
Final PARE:
FR:
SC:
Troop

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Great job everyone! :thumbsup: Keep up the good work on quitting smoking! I smoked for a year and half and felt like crap. I quit cold turkey in 2006 and haven't looked back.
My opinions are my own and do not reflect my agency.

Snowman
Rookie Member

Postby Snowman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:40 am

So I'm thinking of taking up smoking, or at least having a pack handy to light up and return fire. :twisted:
What is wrong with people ? :cuss: I had to dodge two lit butts tossed out the window today one on the bike and one being a really close call tonight in the 69 SS. Just where do they think the cigarette butt is going to go when you toss it out the window at 80 K with vehicles travelling behind & beside you ?
The world must just be an ashtray to some, then there's the Tim Horton's cups & McDonald's packaging. :((
Beer Me !

Ruffian
Rookie Member

Re:

Postby Ruffian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:55 pm

spudgun44 wrote:I had a dream one night of my kids crying over my grave. Third person type of thing. Threw the smokes in the trash the next day. Easiest thing I've ever done. Wish getting this job was half the battle.

Thats neat, because the night before I quit I had a dream that a person showed up at my door. We got into an argument and he turned into a giant cigarette. I said "I am all done with this!" and shoved him out the door with my foot. The next day I threw my cigarettes out and never looked back. I won't say I did not have cravings, but I threw a few hot tamales in my mouth whenever one surfaced and that killed the feeling pretty quick.
IMO the mind has a lot to do with quitting. I had tried repeatedly to quit before the dream. I guess I needed to get my subconsious on board :wave:

SHAMROCK
Veteran Member

Postby SHAMROCK » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Well as of June 29th it was a year with out smoking! For everyone still sturggling or doubting just stck with it! :D

charbopa
Rookie Member

Postby charbopa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:22 pm

Let's revive this thread to see how everybody is keeping up! 30 more days = 2 years wihtout one single drag! I feel better every day!! :thumbsup: :boxer:

Charb

nubbsy
Rookie Member
Location: Obstacles are the things you see when you lose sight of the goal.

Postby nubbsy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 pm

charbopa wrote:Let's revive this thread to see how everybody is keeping up! 30 more days = 2 years wihtout one single drag! I feel better every day!! :thumbsup: :boxer:

Charb

Great to hear Charb!!! I am coming up on 2 1/2 years and loving it.
It's not why we fall that defines us, it's what we do when we get back up.
Career Presentation. 14-07-07
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
RMAQ Phone interview. 14-10-09 passed
File at panel review.passed
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20

charbopa
Rookie Member

Postby charbopa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Wow, congrats Nubbsy!!! Your lungs are half a year ahead of mine! lol Made hockey 10 times more enjoyable, I don’t hack up after every game!

Charb

nubbsy
Rookie Member
Location: Obstacles are the things you see when you lose sight of the goal.

Postby nubbsy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:34 pm

charbopa wrote:Wow, congrats Nubbsy!!! Your lungs are half a year ahead of mine! lol Made hockey 10 times more enjoyable, I don’t hack up after every game!

Charb

Yep! I have noticed that I recover way faster on the bench aswell.
We won our championship this year.
It's not why we fall that defines us, it's what we do when we get back up.
Career Presentation. 14-07-07
RPAB.14-07-08
Package. 14-08-12
RMAQ Phone interview. 14-10-09 passed
File at panel review.passed
PARE. 15-01-10
RMSI. 15-01-20