Sit and Reach at home

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

CrimeDoesntPay
Veteran Member

Sit and Reach at home

Postby CrimeDoesntPay » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:46 pm

So I'm working on training for the pin. I obviously dont have a sit and reach box lol I do have a regular fitness box that I can put a tape measure on.

I know the tape measure goes on the edge of said box, but I dont know what measurement the edge of the box is supposed to be set at. Surely it's not zero because who in their right mind can stretch 44cm past their feet lol

Any Pin Appraisers in the crowd know how to set up the test at home? I have searched the internet high and low and found numerous answers, none of which match up with the OPFA marking scheme.
"...we're kinda like...Toronto Police's AHL team!"
In a world gone mad, the only thing between order and chaos is a thin blue line

Sworn Peace Officer

mrtinfoilman

Re: Sit and Reach at home

Postby mrtinfoilman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:10 am

Hey, I wouldn't concern myself with this part of the test, its only worth 10. If you can put almost your hand past your feet you'll score 9/10.

Or you can order this and practice! https://www.amazon.ca/Baseline-12-1085- ... 8944&psc=1

CrimeDoesntPay
Veteran Member

Postby CrimeDoesntPay » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Yeah, my cardio ain't so great and a point is a point :P
"...we're kinda like...Toronto Police's AHL team!"
In a world gone mad, the only thing between order and chaos is a thin blue line

Sworn Peace Officer

mrtinfoilman

Postby mrtinfoilman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:55 pm

CrimeDoesntPay wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:15 pm
Yeah, my cardio ain't so great and a point is a point :P

You need to be able to do 1.5 miles which is 2.4m without stopping. Time and pace yourself. Start slowly, thats the best advise I can tell you and eat properly.

Cheers.

matty
Rookie Member

Postby matty » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:28 pm

CrimeDoesntPay wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:46 pm
So I'm working on training for the pin. I obviously dont have a sit and reach box lol I do have a regular fitness box that I can put a tape measure on.

I know the tape measure goes on the edge of said box, but I dont know what measurement the edge of the box is supposed to be set at. Surely it's not zero because who in their right mind can stretch 44cm past their feet lol

Any Pin Appraisers in the crowd know how to set up the test at home? I have searched the internet high and low and found numerous answers, none of which match up with the OPFA marking scheme.
Here, this should help you https://www.instagram.com/p/B01aJReFQlj/