Anyone here struggling with the Beep test?

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

mrtinfoilman
Rookie Member

Anyone here struggling with the Beep test?

Postby mrtinfoilman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:34 pm

MY ATS is coming up (6 weeks), I'm not worried about the testing component but the physical part is haunting me every night. I passed the Pursuit/Restraint Circuit, but during the practice session I did Stage 4 and cried inside lol. Within 2 weeks, I improved to Stage 6 (just tested again), measured out 65 ft in the park with two cones. I'm barely reaching Stage 7. Just wondering how you guys are improving or trying to improve. I recently hit the treadmill with a 2% incline to get my muscles use to the running/jogging motion at a 3.5/4 speed for 30 minutes everyday. I've heard jogging with weights or running upstairs or uphills helps prior to the week of the test.

Thanks

JeanFrancois
Veteran Member

Re: Anyone here struggling with the Beep test?

Postby JeanFrancois » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:09 am

mrtinfoilman wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:34 pm
MY ATS is coming up (6 weeks), I'm not worried about the testing component but the physical part is haunting me every night. I passed the Pursuit/Restraint Circuit, but during the practice session I did Stage 4 and cried inside lol. Within 2 weeks, I improved to Stage 6 (just tested again), measured out 65 ft in the park with two cones. I'm barely reaching Stage 7. Just wondering how you guys are improving or trying to improve. I recently hit the treadmill with a 2% incline to get my muscles use to the running/jogging motion at a 3.5/4 speed for 30 minutes everyday. I've heard jogging with weights or running upstairs or uphills helps prior to the week of the test.

Thanks
Hey,

So I am just starting to train for PREP, once upon a time I was in shape; but then came delicious donuts, coffee, ice-cream and chocolate bars.

Without training right now I could normally reach 5.5 on prep; however my goal is to get 8.0.
I went and did exercises 4 times this week to start and I was doing 8 - 9 percent incline at speed 4.0 for 60 minutes. My four month goal is 9 percent incline at 5.0 for thirty minutes straight with staggered five minutes bursts at 7.0 at 9 percent incline. I'd rather prefer the hills versus straight out running hard on my knees and feet.

So you've got the right idea, just up your incline and speed's gradually.
CBSA:
App: 08-18
O.T.E.E:
Interview:
PAL:
Psych: ?

TPS:
GIS: July 22th, 2019
PREP Practice: July 26th, 2019
WCT: Aug 17, 2019
PREP:
PATI: October 5th, 2019