Regular Fitness

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Re: Regular Fitness

Postby FitLEO » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Thursday - Chest/Core/Tri

Flat BB Bench
135 x 10
155 x 10
175 x 10
195 x 8
195 x 8
195 x 6

Incline BB Bench
135 4 x 10

Wide stance push-ups with Plank touch (reach out and touch a dumbbell in front)
4 sets of 15

Skull crushers
70lbs 4 x 10

Push ups
3 x failure

Hanging leg raises.
Pre applicative stage
PATI/WCT/PREP - Test date: April 12th 2015
FitLEO
Rookie Member

Postby FitLEO » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:03 pm

Saturday - Back/biceps

Pull ups 4 x 8
Bent over barbell row 4 x 10 135lbs
Cable row w/ vbar 3 x 10 85lbs
Lat pull down 2 x 20 80lbs
Revers fly on TRX 3 x 10
EZ bar curls 4 x 10 65lbs
Pre applicative stage
PATI/WCT/PREP - Test date: April 12th 2015
FitLEO
Rookie Member

Postby Shawshank » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Monday:

Bench: 8X3X345, tried to do some floor presses after but my shoulder is mangled right now.

Tuesday
Deadlift: 585X1,635X1,675X0,660X0,605X3,625X3
Speed deadlift: 8X3X315
Rows: 10X225,8X245,5X276
Each day I don't move further towards my goal is a day that I have squandered.
My time will come.
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby Shawshank » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:27 am

Sunday
5km walk to the gym in Vegas heat
Deadlifts: 585x1, failed 675, 585x3, 495+60lbs chainsx3,495+90lbs chainsx3.
Cable rows: 10,8,6,5
Lying hamstring:10,10
Curls: 3x10

Tuesday
(Took a flight 11pm pst, got to ottawa 10:30est time and went straight to the gym)
Bench: 315x1,355x1,355x3,365x1,315x5
My time will come.
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby John014 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:30 am

Long time since I have posted in here (not due to lack of movement, just got bored of posting).

6km hill run with 40 lb weight vest - 32 mins.
Police Officer
John014
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby mack_silent » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:08 pm

John, very nice time, especially with the added weight vest!
Shawshank, as always, those are some huge lifts!

It's surprising the amount of good workouts that can be achieved from buying a weight vest. I like wearing one during regular workouts, it makes jogging, burpees, pullups, hyper extensions, pushups, and dips way harder.

Few recent workouts:
-Firefighter style stair climb with weight vest, ankle weights, weight belt, and alternating 90# of dumbells on shoulders or 120# heavy bag on shoulder to simulate gear carry.

-Distance carry, with weight vest, belt, and 120lbs heavy bag carried for distances. (simulating PARE style chest carry)

-Track jog and sprint runs with weight vest and pack on.

-Shorter distance jog with vest, heavy pack, belt, and dumbells that were over body weight total.

-Ice skating hockey shuttle run (like the normal shuttle, but on skates).

-Next was a shuttle run, with 21" horizontal jump and 6 foot distance jump in the middle. etc etc (simulating the PARE course obstacles)
KCCO.
mack_silent
King Poobah

Postby Shawshank » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Had to go to Toronto this week for work. I found through Facebook a small warehouse style gym called torque barbell. Small, dirty and loud. I loved it.

Deadlifts: 585x1,635x1,675x1, 585x2,585x3
Bb rows: 225x8,275x4x5
V grip pull downs: 8,5,5,5
Wide grip: 3x8
Dd curls: 8x40,45,50
Some prowler work.

And I put my ass on a treadmill before I went to the work training that morning.
My time will come.
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby devilwoman » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:57 am

If anyone is interested in a very hard, but effective short work out, try "Fight gone bad".

I did it yesterday using the following:

3 rounds for time of:

45 seconds Wall Balls
15 seconds rest
45 seconds rowing
15 seconds rest
45 seconds BB push press
15 seconds rest
45 seconds box jumps
15 seconds rest
45 seconds TRX body rows

One minute rest between rounds.

If you push yourself and give 100% this is a crazy workout. My workout partner and I tried to better or maintain the reps we did for each exercise through the second and third rounds. I was able to better and maintain everything.....I'm paying for it today. :wounded:
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill
devilwoman
Poobah Overlord

Postby SierraKiloMike » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:10 am

I'll get back into posting on here...

Walk 200 meters (1/2 lap on track)
Jog 200 meters (1/2 lap on track)
25 air-squats
25 push-ups
25 sit-ups

6 rounds of: run for 2:00 minutes then recover/walk for 1:00 minute. Each run was between 400-450M.

THEN --- Mens league ball hockey for an hour :boxer:
SierraKiloMike

Postby L8BLMR » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Just wanted to share my love/hate relationship with this workout. We cycle this every 3-6 months in our gym and the goal is to finish the 12 rounds in 40 min or less time cap. It was based on Gerald Butler's/Jim Jones 300 workout. The closest I got to it is 11 rounds. I'm 38, female and weighs about 116 lbs. If you haven't heard about this workout, try to give it a go.

Sparrow's Dozen
12 Rounds

12 Deadlifts @Bodyweight on the bar
12 Pullups
12 Pushups
12 Slamballs @ 15lbs
RCMP BC APPLICANT 2015/2016
TROOP 5 MAY 30-NOV 14 2016
L8BLMR
Rookie Member

Postby Iceking007 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:53 am

Hello,

Any advice for buying a jump rope for training?
I'm not wanting anything fancy or too expensive just a simple long lasting product that works well.

Thank you for your time.
~Victus accommodare et~

Currently a civilian - EPS hopeful
Application - complete
ACT - 11/6/16 passed
APCAT - 11/6/16 passed
A-PREP - training
BDI - TBD
PDI - TBD
PI/E - TBD
PE&ME - TBD
Background - TBD

~Even the helpful need help~
Iceking007
Rookie Member

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue May 31, 2016 8:18 pm

I started back to the gym a couple of weeks ago, still using the program from when I was at Depot, along with treadmill time, and monitoring my HR. For some reason, I am NOT back to 4 x 10 of Phase III - and only a 75 lb bar!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC - Associate (Retired) member
SaveMyRCMP.Ca member
NPF supporter
Pete Broccolo

Postby noanykey » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:18 am

I've been training for SOPAT so I treadmill for 20 minutes, weights, push ups, pull ups, crunches, planks, stairs.
That happens Monday/Wednesdays.. I go pretty quick cause I have Judo for 2 hours at night.

Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm starting to run to the gym, skip the treadmill, do the routine, and run back home doing intervals

I'm overweight and I need to work on bringing my time down, as I have applied already, it could be anytime to do the test.
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
Active SAR Member
Station 5 - Crescent Beach
noanykey
Veteran Member

Postby Iceking007 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:18 pm

I think it's like most things in life, you need to have some balance and make changes. If something stops working after you see results you have to change it up.

Running and other cardio activities are great for working the mechanics of your body, your blood system, lungs, and energy converting systems. It's usually recommended to be up near your 80% max heart rate for periods of 30 minutes to see some progress, it's mostly about working your heart and lungs hard so keeping your heart rate up is key; however even light jogging to help rest your system with higher pace running to bring your hr back up is better over long periods then just stopping once you cannot keep your hr in the target zone. What I'm saying is keep the effort going at the highest intensity from an endurance stand point, if you can start with 20 minutes a day for many days a week then gradually push to 30 then 45 and so on you'll be doing yourself some good and notice the improvements.

To target belly fat specifically IMO guys can usually turn that into muscle fairly easily with hard work. I've recently gotten into kettlebells and they are great for working the core and muscle groups in the same workouts. Basically any kind of resistance training there is going to go well with the cardio, your body needs to feed on your stored energy and put it to use. After that your diet is also going to affect how efficient this process is as well as how the results last.

Women are different from men obviously and it's my belief they need to workout differently (unless they're training for Ms.Universe body builder or something). Usually cardio is basically the same but women usually opt for more body based resistance training rather then the heavy iron. Workouts such as yoga, pilates, zumba, and other activities more cardio based to help lean but not always build muscle like a guy would.

Again diversity I think is key but also to incorporate a workout and then say be active in a sport or other physical activity, always take time to strengthen your core even when just working your arms and chest, use proper posture, and focus on your breathing and heart rhythm. Some people use music but for my self I just focus my mind and think about each and every breath I take, find what works for you, it can be a pain in the ass but also should be fun and enjoyable.

Hope that helps.
~Victus accommodare et~

Currently a civilian - EPS hopeful
Application - complete
ACT - 11/6/16 passed
APCAT - 11/6/16 passed
A-PREP - training
BDI - TBD
PDI - TBD
PI/E - TBD
PE&ME - TBD
Background - TBD

~Even the helpful need help~
Iceking007
Rookie Member

Postby samwills » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:02 am

Iceking007 wrote:I think it's like most things in life, you need to have some balance and make changes. If something stops working after you see results you have to change it up.

Running and other cardio activities are great for working the mechanics of your body, your blood system, lungs, and energy converting systems. It's usually recommended to be up near your 80% max heart rate for periods of 30 minutes to see some progress, it's mostly about working your heart and lungs hard so keeping your heart rate up is key; however even light jogging to help rest your system with higher pace running to bring your hr back up is better over long periods then just stopping once you cannot keep your hr in the target zone. What I'm saying is keep the effort going at the highest best keto os supplement from an endurance stand point, if you can start with 20 minutes a day for many days a week then gradually push to 30 then 45 and so on you'll be doing yourself some good and notice the improvements.

To target belly fat specifically IMO guys can usually turn that into muscle fairly easily with hard work. I've recently gotten into kettlebells and they are great for working the core and muscle groups in the same workouts. Basically any kind of resistance training there is going to go well with the cardio, your body needs to feed on your stored energy and put it to use. After that your diet is also going to affect how efficient this process is as well as how the results last.

Women are different from men obviously and it's my belief they need to workout differently (unless they're training for Ms.Universe body builder or something). Usually cardio is basically the same but women usually opt for more body based resistance training rather then the heavy iron. Workouts such as yoga, pilates, zumba, and other activities more cardio based to help lean but not always build muscle like a guy would.

Again diversity I think is key but also to incorporate a workout and then say be active in a sport or other physical activity, always take time to strengthen your core even when just working your arms and chest, use proper posture, and focus on your breathing and heart rhythm. Some people use music but for my self I just focus my mind and think about each and every breath I take, find what works for you, it can be a pain in the ass but also should be fun and enjoyable.

Hope that helps.

Hello,
Maintaining Fitness is very necessary to be fit and healthy. There are lots of benefits of being fit like:
1.Disease Prevention
2. Brain Health
3. Improved Sense of Well-Being
4. Improved Self-Confidence
5. More Energy
6. Better Sleep
7. Higher Bone Density
Thanks,
samwills
Rookie Member

PreviousNext

Return to Vitality