Page 1 of 1

Canadian Correctional Services (Provincial and Federal)

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:28 pm
by Recruit13
With the escape from the Quebec provincial prison in Saint Jerome, I think it would be a cool idea for Blue Line to run an article on the Canadian federal and provincial systems, some of the technology and training used to prevent prison escapes and a history of some of the greatest escapes in Canadian history and what was learned from those escapes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/201 ... capes.html

Re: Canadian Correctional Services (Provincial and Federal)

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:18 am
by gotchya
Recruit13 wrote:With the escape from the Quebec provincial prison in Saint Jerome, I think it would be a cool idea for Blue Line to run an article on the Canadian federal and provincial systems, some of the technology and training used to prevent prison escapes and a history of some of the greatest escapes in Canadian history and what was learned from those escapes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/201 ... capes.html

But then wouldn't you be giving away all the secrets? ;)

Re: Canadian Correctional Services (Provincial and Federal)

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 pm
by SupahDuck
gotchya wrote:
Recruit13 wrote:With the escape from the Quebec provincial prison in Saint Jerome, I think it would be a cool idea for Blue Line to run an article on the Canadian federal and provincial systems, some of the technology and training used to prevent prison escapes and a history of some of the greatest escapes in Canadian history and what was learned from those escapes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/201 ... capes.html

But then wouldn't you be giving away all the secrets? ;)


This. You'd be hard pressed to find a provincial or federal agency willing to discuss operational information in a public forum, ESPECIALLY after the Saint Jerome escape.

Are you currently a CSC or provincial recruit (assuming so from your username)? If so, you should know better....

Re: Canadian Correctional Services (Provincial and Federal)

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:47 pm
by Madeline236
Recruit13 wrote:..a history of some of the greatest escapes



I'm not above giving away hints on how to escape. You just need to get your hands on one of these puppies and you're golden. No known defense!


Image

Re: Canadian Correctional Services (Provincial and Federal)

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:50 pm
by SupahDuck
Madeline236 wrote:
Recruit13 wrote:..a history of some of the greatest escapes



I'm not above giving away hints on how to escape. You just need to get your hands on one of these puppies and you're golden. No known defense!


Image


:bow: :bow: :alright: :bow: :bow:

Re: Canadian Correctional Services (Provincial and Federal)

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 pm
by Ah91
I would suggest writing something related to the state of provincial corrections in Ontario. Ontario Corrections has been in the news extensively and there would be lots of story material there. The public's perception of corrections and correctional officers could use some fixing up. Corrections seems to be the forgotten child of the criminal justice system. There are lots of great and dedicated COs who do a much underappreciated and thankless job every shift. Perhaps this idea would be of interest to you!

All the best,
Ah91

Re: Canadian Correctional Services (Provincial and Federal)

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:18 am
by ReneeFrancoeur
Thanks so much for the ideas!

We are working to infuse the magazine with more issues related to Corrections, as well as CBSA and conservation officers, etc.

Stay tuned for something coming to the website and more on our Q&A with Kevin Junor at Ontario Corrections.

Re: Canadian Correctional Services (Provincial and Federal)

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:41 pm
by Madeline236
ReneeFrancoeur wrote:Thanks so much for the ideas!

We are working to infuse the magazine with more issues related to Corrections, as well as CBSA and conservation officers, etc.

Stay tuned for something coming to the website and more on our Q&A with Kevin Junor at Ontario Corrections.



:thumbsup: