Any updates from site admins/moderators?

Check here for forum help, info, and news.
Tornelco
Rookie Member

Any updates from site admins/moderators?

Postby Tornelco » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:57 pm

This forum just went dead over the weekend and it has been almost a week with no updates. What happened? Is the forum done? How long until it is back (if it's coming back).

I was hoping a higher-up would come to our little pocket of "no more public talks?" but alas, I will make this post and see.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Any updates from site admins/moderators?

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Sorry, we just can't say anything right now. It will take some time before we sort through everything. Please be patient.

Tornelco
Rookie Member

Postby Tornelco » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:29 pm

Dave Brown wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:26 pm
Sorry, we just can't say anything right now. It is will take some time before we sort through everything. Please be patient.
Thanks for you reply,
Happy to see it was not a hack. I hope that the 20 years of history is backed up but I can see how that won't be possible if some police services are angry about this forum... I dunno, all I can do is hypothesize! It is in my investigative nature as a wannabe cop ;)

PatDex
Rookie Member

Postby PatDex » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:30 pm

Dave Brown wrote:
Sorry, we just can't say anything right now. It will take some time before we sort through everything. Please be patient.
Thanks we hope it ll be fast , thanks you for this webside and for all.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:58 pm

No one was angry with the forum. It has been a valuable resource for everyone for 20 years. On the contrary, we had officers from around the world and recruiters from major agencies who were all active on here.

We will have an announcement soon. Everyone involved is working hard to restore the forum.

CanBr19
Rookie Member

Postby CanBr19 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Last edited by CanBr19 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jumb34t

Postby Jumb34t » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:55 pm

Dave Brown wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:58 pm
No one was angry with the forum. It has been a valuable resource for everyone for 20 years. On the contrary, we had officers from around the world and recruiters from major agencies who were all active on here.

It came from outside this country, but it is now a police matter and I cannot say more.
This is very reassuring. Thanks a lot for the update. Hope everything goes well on your end! :thumbsup:
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep 18
OTEE: Oct 18 77.5%
Interview: Apr 19
PARE: Aug 19
Psych Eval: Oct 19
Psych Interview: Nov 19
Sec Doc sent: Jan 20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar 20
Med Eval: May 20
Sec Interview: TBD

Suikoden
Rookie Member

Postby Suikoden » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:35 am

Tornelco wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:29 pm
Dave Brown wrote:
Thanks for you reply,
Happy to see it was not a hack. I hope that the 20 years of history is backed up but I can see how that won't be possible if some police services are angry about this forum... I dunno, all I can do is hypothesize! It is in my investigative nature as a wannabe cop ;)
Outside of country = hack :P
Five laps owed so far

29 Mar - OTEE pass
28/29 Apr - CRFSC/CFSC pass
31 Dec - Interview pass

mrtinfoilman

Postby mrtinfoilman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Suikoden wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:35 am
Tornelco wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:
Sorry, we just can't say anything right now. It is now a police matter, and will take some time before we sort through everything. Please be patient.
Thanks for you reply,
Outside of country = hack :P
Russians want to interfere with Canadian elections?!

*puts away Tinfoil hat*

JEagle10

Postby JEagle10 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:
Thanks for you reply,
All signs point to it being a hack.
CBSA
Applied - Sep 2018
OTEE - Sep 2018
Interview - Nov 2018
Pysch - Jan 2019
Pare - Jan 2019
Security papers sent - Feb 2019
Medical - March 2019
Integrity Interview / Clearance granted - Sep 2019
Online: Jan 2020
Rigaud: March 2020

Tornelco
Rookie Member

Postby Tornelco » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:16 pm

JEagle10 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:18 pm
Tornelco wrote:

Thanks for you reply,
All signs point to it being a hack.
Hopefully we get a full "police-style" press release after the whole thing is resolved! Ya know, for transparency and everything.

striker

Postby striker » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:14 pm

well this may explain what happened to my account..It didn't recognize my user name and allowed me to reregister with the same user name..
that doesn't sound promising in regards to restoring data..
I've got an inch a half guard rail nut on a length of 550 cord. it's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's colouring books for Christmas.

ReneeFrancoeur
Rookie Member

Postby ReneeFrancoeur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello to all our faithful and engaged forum users. Thank you for your patience over the past week or so.

The forum has encountered some spurious activity. To be proactive and safe, we have had to revert the forums back to a former point in history—Aug. 22, 2018, to be exact.

We understand this is frustrating and we apologize for any inconvenience.

That being said, the private forums are still active and available for members. The private forums have not lost data. We are still in the thick of looking at all accounts and removing unused accounts going forward, so please take that into consideration.

We want to make this a free-form discussion about law enforcement in Canada and we will be monitoring it and keeping things cleaner going forward.

If you have any feedback, do feel free to share it in the comments below.

We hope you will join us in treating this as a fresh start.

CBK

Postby CBK » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Edit:
Never mind. I found the forum. I assume it's all part of the issues being fixed.
Thank you admin folks.

Do we need to resubmit for the member access?
If so to who?

Tornelco
Rookie Member

Postby Tornelco » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 am

TEST

EDIT: Ok so now I can post. Hey admins/mods. My home address was IP blacklisted for spamming... I think I was caught in the crossfire against bots.

I tried to go through the proper channels through the link provided to get unblacklisted but no avail. I then sent a private message to "ReneeFrancoeur" but no response yet in 3 days (which is fine, thanksgiving weekend and all that). So yeah, I'm back at my university now which is not blacklisted but yeah, can one of the administrators check into my blacklisted IP. I won't be providing it in the post for obvious reasons lol...