Banning free email accounts

Check here for forum help, info, and news. You can post your own news bits here as well.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Mark P
King Poobah
Posts: 1978
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:56 am

Postby Mark P » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:38 pm

So....
for those users who signed up using a free email account, are we going to get the boot until we get a proper paid for email account?

User avatar
Les Linder
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2000 1:01 am

Postby Les Linder » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:48 pm

No, as stated in an earlier post, anyone who signed up with free emails prior to the ban can stay - only new applications are restricted by email address.

User avatar
48highlander
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 4580
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:44 am
Location: Kabul

Postby 48highlander » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:25 am

I actually pay for my hotmail account, can I use it?

User avatar
Rob
King Poobah
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 1:01 am

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:14 am

48highlander wrote:I actually pay for my hotmail account, can I use it?
Why would you pay for a free account :?
'You sleep well in your bed at night only because a few rough men are willing to do violent things on your behalf"
George Orwell.

"Some times upholding the law is messy, but you get by, one day at a time"
Eric Cartman

Semper ubi sub ubi

User avatar
48highlander
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 4580
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:44 am
Location: Kabul

Postby 48highlander » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:21 am

For the extra space, and I while i have a school address for now that won't last once I leave. Plus the times I have a work address most times I can only access my email from work :(

User avatar
Rob
King Poobah
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 1:01 am

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:48 pm

48highlander wrote:For the extra space, and I while i have a school address for now that won't last once I leave. Plus the times I have a work address most times I can only access my email from work :(
How much space do you get when paying, gmail (google) gives one gigabyte of free online storage, and I think my yahoo give me one gig as well. If you want a gmail account send me a pm with your current email address and I can send you an invite (I think you still need a invite to get the account) Once you hvae the invite you can set up you own account and away you go...
'You sleep well in your bed at night only because a few rough men are willing to do violent things on your behalf"
George Orwell.

"Some times upholding the law is messy, but you get by, one day at a time"
Eric Cartman

Semper ubi sub ubi

User avatar
48highlander
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 4580
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:44 am
Location: Kabul

Postby 48highlander » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:14 pm

Rob wrote:
48highlander wrote:For the extra space, and I while i have a school address for now that won't last once I leave. Plus the times I have a work address most times I can only access my email from work :(
How much space do you get when paying, gmail (google) gives one gigabyte of free online storage, and I think my yahoo give me one gig as well. If you want a gmail account send me a pm with your current email address and I can send you an invite (I think you still need a invite to get the account) Once you hvae the invite you can set up you own account and away you go...
2gigs storage, and attachments can be up to 20mb

User avatar
Kieran Huggins
Site Admin
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Contact:

Postby Kieran Huggins » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:23 pm

48th highlander: no......... but you already have an account.. so it doesn't matter anyway ;)

The existing members with hotmail (or other free mail providers) accounts were "grandfathered in", only new signups need worry about the restriction. We insist on a "real" e-mail address for accountability reasons. Absolute anonymity + public forum = GIFT [explicit external link, should not be viewed by anyone, don't click on it..... but it's funny]

Cheers,

Kieran

User avatar
jaymalo_eh
King Poobah
Posts: 1892
Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 1:01 am
Location: Flatlands - GO RIDERS!

Postby jaymalo_eh » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:44 pm

GIFT!!! LMAO :rolllaugh: :alright:
Meh...

EncryptoID
Rookie Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 11:35 am

Re: Banning free email accounts

Postby EncryptoID » Fri May 31, 2019 10:58 pm

I just read this but I was able to use my hotmail.ca account, should I change it since you guys might ban it?

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7834
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Re: Banning free email accounts

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 am

EncryptoID wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:58 pm
I just read this but I was able to use my hotmail.ca account, should I change it since you guys might ban it?
You are here now, so that's fine, just do not be stupid like some posters.

You and the other forum members have NO idea how many spammers Dave Brown, VanSmack, and I, high-brown stomp LONG before they can make their "enhancement supplement", donkey-on-goose porn, or fake-PhD-mill, "link" posts. For DB, it helps him chill down from the videos of the idiots one-handing a .50 cal SMG; with VS, it just helps him zero-in on the zeros; as far as me goes, I want to justify the perpetual $0.05 Canadian Tire "money" per annum that Morley had promised me ages ago...and I am still waiting for!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

EncryptoID
Rookie Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 11:35 am

Re: Banning free email accounts

Postby EncryptoID » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:46 am

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 am
EncryptoID wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:58 pm
I just read this but I was able to use my hotmail.ca account, should I change it since you guys might ban it?
You are here now, so that's fine, just do not be stupid like some posters.

You and the other forum members have NO idea how many spammers Dave Brown, VanSmack, and I, high-brown stomp LONG before they can make their "enhancement supplement", donkey-on-goose porn, or fake-PhD-mill, "link" posts. For DB, it helps him chill down from the videos of the idiots one-handing a .50 cal SMG; with VS, it just helps him zero-in on the zeros; as far as me goes, I want to justify the perpetual $0.05 Canadian Tire "money" per annum that Morley had promised me ages ago...and I am still waiting for!
I recently got a corporate email. Can I change it to that? I'll be deleting my Hotmail email anyway because I get way too much spam and virsus on it.

User avatar
Dave Brown
Site Admin
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2000 1:01 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB

Re: Banning free email accounts

Postby Dave Brown » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:13 am

Send me a PM with your new email.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest