test

Check here for forum help, info, and news. You can post your own news bits here as well.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Kieran Huggins
Site Admin

test

Postby Kieran Huggins » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:14 am

test

Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Re: test

Postby Striker » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 am

wow..
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

ShadowBrooks
Seasoned Member

Postby ShadowBrooks » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Striker wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 am
wow..
Just ugly.. and only taking up half my monitor, making the layout even worse :/
Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Easier to read on a mobile device that’s for sure. Haven’t tried it on my pc yet.
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

No 20 Year Medal
Poobah Overlord

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm

:puke:
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

ShadowBrooks
Seasoned Member

Postby ShadowBrooks » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Part of the issue is many buttons are showing up without text, or that text is showing instead of a button.

The other is the scale issue I mentioned earlier. If on a wide monitor it filled out the screen more that would help. I would assume he's working on these issues.
Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

Ziggy Stardust
King Poobah

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:33 pm

I like the look but agree with the scaling issue. I realize the world is moving to tiny handheld screens but I use a a laptop and am constantly frustrated by this but I do realize that I'm probably in the quickly shrinking minority.

Good job though!
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

Striker
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Striker » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:09 am

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:33 pm
I like the look but agree with the scaling issue. I realize the world is moving to tiny handheld screens but I use a a laptop and am constantly frustrated by this but I do realize that I'm probably in the quickly shrinking minority.

Good job though!
I'm with you ziggy..19" monitor. I hate surfing on my phone and don't unless I absolutely have to.
Maybe it's time for a blueline mobile app.
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

Depot Web
Lord of the Poobahs
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Postby Depot Web » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:59 am

One problem with using the full width of a large monitor is that readability takes a major hit once you get over a certain line length. The optimal width - depending on typeface, text size, colour, print vs screen, etc - is somewhere around 50 to 75 characters.

On my widescreen desktop, forum posts on the new Blue Line already max out around 95 characters. Going wider would rapidly get into the realm of diminishing returns.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

Ziggy Stardust
King Poobah

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:45 pm

I've looked at some other forums that I frequent and that does seem to be the norm. Maybe I just need to get used to the new format. I do like the look!
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

Bairdo
Grand Poobah

Postby Bairdo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Can something be done about the log in issue with the site? There is no other description to use other than absolutely terrible. I seldom visit the site anymore from having been a daily user, and suspect that traffic to the site has plummeted from many others for the same reason.